• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] What shinies have you gotten?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    (Wait, you can get a guaranteed shiny Ponyta?)
    There's a sidequest where you catch a shiny Ponyta yeah. Don't remember what the quest is called, but basically one of the villagers tasks you with investigating "an unusual Ponyta", which turns out to be a shiny (Kantonian) one. Doesn't take super long for that quest to become available iirc, so check around Jubilife and see if you can get it (or if it's already on your to-do list).

Years
  • caught this little one with only about 3 hours in:

Spoiler:

I was out for a while just doing random research tasks and I turn around and I see this one standing behind me +_+

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Caught my first shiny today, an alpha Abra. Wouldn't have know if I hadn't seen the three or so stars emanating from it. Then I saw the shiny mark next to its name while fighting it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Not counting the Ponyta, I have caught a Buneary and a Parasect. I also encountered a shiny Wurpmle, but it popped out of the Ultra Ball I threw at it and I couldn't get my sights on it well enough again after that.

Years
  • Failed a shiny Bidoof within the first hour of the game, didn't know you can save and reset a shiny back then so when it broke out of the first Pokeball it ran into the tall grass and vanished. I caught a random shiny Yanma just a day after tho and I used it on my team for the rest of the game. Also caught a random shiny Remoraid as soon as I got to surf on Basculegion for the first time.

After beating the game I also tried to shiny hunt with the new breakout method, got shiny Buizel first and then just yesterday I got a shiny Lickitung as my second hunted shiny.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have 4 Shinys so far (And the guaranteed Ponyta)

Green Tangela from an Outbreak (Now a Tangrowth)
    Green Machop from an Outbreak (Now a Green Machamp)
    Yellow eyed Bergmite from an Outbreak (Now Hisuian Avalugg which has some orange)
    Alpha Rhyperior in a random encounter. (A more muted grey and the blocks on it's body turn yellow)

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Well I havent been the best to look out for shinies, since im hard of hearing and I use my hearing aids to watch youtube while i looking to complete the dex as much as i can in each area, so I dont hear shiny sounds in any of the areas while doing this because im dumb haha. But today while looking for a lost satchel in Crimson Mirelands I noticed out the blue (Literally) a Shiny Psyduck. I was so happy, imma try soon to focus on finding shinies as much as I can.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Just a Barboach which is now a Whiscash. I have the worst luck with outbreaks lmao, not to mention I haven't really been shiny hunting at all.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Just the scripted Shiny Ponyta, though I've intentionally been trying to avoid getting a research level of 10+ for any Pokémon I think I might want to try hunting in the future since I prefer hunting at full odds.
    Found a Shiny Ambipom while working on my 'dex last night! Full-odds, too! :D

Wish I'd found him before the credits rolled, but at least he'll be by my side as I search out these last 45-ish Pokémon and when I face Arceus.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Saw shiny Psyduck when doing the Solaceon Ruin mission! I was surprised I saw one on my third day playing, tbh! I was able to catch it with one Pokeball, I put her on my team.

Years
  • I've gotten a silcoon which is now a beautifly, an aipom, an eevee, a spheal, a sliggoo, a ghastly, and the story ponyta. Most are from outbreaks, the ghastly was a random find. And I ran past a shiny glameow that sparkled and immediately disappeared :( that was sad.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I've caught two so far - a Shinx in my first playthrough and a Bidoof on my second. Both were full odds random encounters.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Not only is the outbreak system great for shiny hunting a specific Pokémon, but the render distance for Pokémon and the fact you can immediately know if it's shiny mean you can just glide around to scan the zone and look for a shiny
    I'll update if I find any more; I haven't gotten any perfect dex entries (besides Unown) but I've managed (in order)

The free shiny Ponyta
    Wurmple
    Golduck
    Shinx
    Alpha Pikachu (outbreak)
    Mothim

Back