• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What the best manga have you ever read?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Propably "Mudazumonaki Kaikaku" but there is also "Tetsunaki no Kirinji", "Super Doctor K" and a few others. It's a tough question but also without real weight behind it. What's really the point of making a stage for just one title?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have several.

Komatta Toki Ni Wa Hoshi Ni Kike! By Abe Miyuki. I feel that it's an underrated masterpiece compared to their other works, however I very much like Hakkenden which was also another one of their stories.

Noragami is another one I really love too. (• ▽ •;)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Bloom Into You. A terrific yuri anime that I instantly fell in love with, thanks to its compelling characters. The anime adaptation was equally wonderful and faithful to the manga.

The manga's already past where the anime ended, and next volume (7) is already on pre-order :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The one I haven't read, yet. However, that answer is boring. Instead, get a list!

1. Berserk: it's the most beautiful manga series there is. Massive highly detailed sceneries, incredebly atmospheric places, filled with such a vast diversity of creatures ranging from visually pleasing to downright traumatizing encounters.
    The fights are also on another level. No silly swinging around of swords like toothpicks. When Guts swings his gib piece of iron you feel the weight down to the last gramm. Though, not only the fights, but the characters are really deep, as well. And given, what a dark place the world of Berserk is, you can see how it affected every one of them. You wouldn't want to trade with them, but watching them in their attempts to struggle through all the danger is kind of inspiring.

2. JoJo: To be honest, the structure of any part (well, starting from part 3 that is), is kinda the same. However, the different settings and diversity of character well makes up for that. We know, it's going to be another game of chess, but the characters and their abilities are so vastly different, you always get left to wonder how things are going to be resolved this time.

3. Hunter x Hunter: I think what makes this one one of my favorite is the intriguing power system. That alongside with every arc feeling so different from those before, while still being believable.

4. One Piece: mostly for the worldbuilding. While usually you see the protagonist at least taking part in any big event that's supposed to change the world they are in, in this series that's actually only sometimes the case. In One Piece a lot of big events happen all over the world that the Straw Hats have no influence in whatsoever. There could be a hugh raid on another island happening that we only hear of after the fact. But it still ends up being a major point in the world, anyway.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've only read a small handful of mangas before, but for me it would be Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure. I liked the characters in that series more than the characters in the few other Pokémon mangas I've read.

I've also read some of the Dragon Ball Z manga before, but I much prefer watching the anime series to reading the manga.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Akame Ga Kill. It's one of the first mangas that I read and definitely a favourite of mine. I love all of the characters and the storyline never fails to enthral me. It is a tad gruesome, but it just makes the story all the more thrilling to read!

I'd say Akuma no Riddle is a close second. Again, there are a multitude of characters and they all are fascinating. There are only 5 books in this series, so it is incredibly brief, but they make for a wonderful read nonetheless. It's such a shame it hasn't been made into an anime yet!

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • Well..tokyo mew mew was my first manga and then follow up with love hina lol.....

The best to me as of 2020 on manga...is cage of eden....so good....I hope they make it into an anime like they do with all the manga I read....they did with beastars...and berserk...and etc gosh too many mangas been turned into animes I already knew the ending too..lol or was already near the end or fully updated on thanks to mangas......but berserk still my faverite...still waiting for more seasons... is done and been finished for a while but if they make it into an anime it be tie with berserk.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'm not really too into manga, but Yotsuba always makes me smile when I'm down. It's just fun incarnate.

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
    Years
    • Age 19
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Either AKIRA or Devilman.
    I hold both very dear to my heart.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    It's a tie between Goodnight Punpun and My Brother's Husband. Goodnight Punpun's detailed art and tragic narrative kept me hooked for all 7 volumes. As for My Brother's Husband, it's just a touching story about grief, family bonds, and acceptance.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Vinland Saga and Shingeki no Kyojin are my favourite manga. Especially Vinland because of its unique story and evolution in characters. I also like Zatch Bell, though it doesn't come close to the other two in terms of quality imo (Zatch Bell anime is badly done, manga is much better).

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2021
    I read best ever manga is solo leveling and this manga story is is basically primarily based of the existence of an e-rank(lowest rank)hunter who's recognized for being the weakest. but then there comes a unexpected exchange in his life as he obtained a quest log that only he could see and a mystery to leveling up. lf he skilled according of his quest and hunt monsters his level could rise.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • as heartbreaking as the ending is, probably Pandora hearts. so good ;_;

I was getting into the manga, but I don't want my heart to be broken. ;_;

Noragami and Yona of the Dawn were a great read. I started them after being exposed to the anime. They really need new seasons. The anime ended way too early in the story. ;-;

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • For me it's Gundam: The Origin or the Ghost in the Shell manga. I picked up Eden: It's an Endless World! recently so I hope it's good.

Years
  • Hard to say if it's the "best" for sure, but if you can find 7Seeds anywhere I highly recommend it. I also really enjoyed the manga version of A Silent Voice.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2022
    Vagabond any day! I have read fairly enough manga but nothing feels like Vagabond till date.

Back