• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of trainer are you?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    If you had to pick an in-game Pokemon trainer class for yourself (etc Lass, Beauty, Ace Trainer..) from any generation, what would you be and why? Here's a list for those who need inspiration. Official positions such as Gym Leaders, Champions, and Battle Frontier Brains, etc are excluded from this.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    This might come as no surprise, but I think I would be a female Dragon Tamer, simply because I tend to use Dragons quite often, in almost every team I playthrough ingame, since they're my favorites <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There's no trainer class that would suit me specifically, but the closest would most likely be an artist. I'm not that great at drawing, but I'd say I'm half decent at designing, and as far as hobbies go, for me, it's definitely one of them. Been doing this stuff since I was about thirteen or so, and still am; simply love it. If I were given the chance, I'd definitely do these things on some professional level someday. Well, looks like I'm going a little off-topic here, so I'll just leave it at that. Haha.

I think Pokémon Ranger would be pretty cool, too; you're not a regular trainer, and would be set on missions to rescue Pokémon, which, to me, sounds quite intriguing. Breeder seems cool, but unfortunately, I'm not exactly into that sort of thing; wish I were.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    I would like to be a pokemon ranger.!! They can control any pokemon with their devices..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Ace Trainer for me. I like to raise Pokemon of various types and teach moves of varying types on them when possible to get the edge in battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Based on the Pokemon I use I'd either be an ace trainer or a pokemon ranger. I'd prefer to be a ranger personally. If Pokemon were real though I can't see myself battling that much unless I was a ranger and used my Pokemon for protection... or I could even see myself as an aroma lady since I love grass types and would most likely have a lot of them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Poke fan, maybe. If I had a kid you bet he'd be in a Pancham suit.

I mean if Pokemon were real I'd probably just keep a few cute, little ones around, and I do like collecting Pokemon plushies and dolls.

In-game I identify more with Ace Trainers. I think we all do, since most of us try to have a balanced team and we're all on our way to challenge the Elite Four.

Years
    As a hardcore challenger who likes to do all sorts of them, I would probably be a Veteran, given the strategies I like to use and variety in my teams. Considering all the types of teams i've gotten to use, I think that's what i'd want to be.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm guessing either Ace Trainer because like many people on here I generally build strong teams (although I'm impartial to having a lv.40 non-evolved starter pokémon every now and then), or a Dragon Tamer as a lot of my favourites are Dragons. I would definitely lose the outfit though.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
    If I were a pokemon trainer in the pokemon world, I would be a worker. Probably someone who is laid back, using pokemon to help out for tasks. It would be possible to challenge a few trainers who come nearby, but I don't think he would care about leaving his duties to go for the Elite 4 in the Pokemon League.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Lady.

They have style, class, wealth, and elegance. They train Pokemon of varied types who aren't the strongest, but are attractive. And, practicality be damned, they wear fancy dresses when they go out training and nothing anyone can say will convince them to do otherwise!

Years
    I'd probably be a Rising Star, basically a younger version of the ace trainer and they still train pretty cool Pokemon and I have to admit the male outfit is pretty classy xD

In my opinion they really add something new to the series, previously most of the child classes were weak like youngsters for example and this class really shows THE POWER OF YOUTH (10 points to anyone who gets that reference).

Years
    I'd say Pokemon Ranger, because they build strong well-balanced teams and are usually able to crank out the wins more often than other trainer types. However, there are many other types that I could fall under.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Okay, so - I actually bothered to put some time into this (also probably a mistake) and I have some thoughts.

My initial choice was the generation one trainer class; "Cooltrainer" because hey. Cool's right there in the name. PRETTY COOL. But then I saw that they had whips. Ehhhh maybe not. PETA annoys me enough as it is. Then I saw this; https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Guy_(Trainer_class) which has to be the most depressing and uncharacterized lacking individual trainer class I've ever heard of. "Guy". He's not my guy, buddy. Then I got into the weird ones from Battle Revolution, "Poison Tongue Boy", "Passionate Rider", "Muddy Boy", "LONE WOLF". There was a lot of neat ones to choose from there, but I skipped over them since they weren't really ones I was familiar with. "Hooligans" from Black/White sounds pretty fun, and I remember them, "Suspicious boy" from X/Y is a funny sounding class too.

Buuuut, in the end, I think just Duke or Pokemaniac. I don't have a specific type of pokemon I go after, I have a lot of flying types, but that's semi-unintentional.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I honestly can't choose what type of trainer I want to be 'cause I'm very neutral to every type and almost all Pokemon available, but when it comes to terms of clothing... Furisode Girl.

In case you really need to know why... I love kimonos, and furisode is one of my favorites. P:

Back