• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What video game titles or series would you like to see return?

Sir Codin

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I said this in another thread already, but I want more Eternal Darkness. I don't care if it's a sequel or just an HD rehash at this point, I just want it on a more modern system. I don't even know how they could make a sequel/prequel/another-game out of that story without ♥♥♥♥ing it up, so I'm leaning more toward HD remake.
    Still doubt it, though.

A company was in the process of making a spiritual successor recently called "Shadow of the Eternals" with Denis Dyack leading the project. Unfortunately, they made several errors in promoting it and failed to really utilize crowdfunding in a way they should have, so the project is in limbo right now. God only knows when things will look up, if ever.

I'd be satisfied though if they just remade Sanity's Requiem. I've been playing the game recently (I just beat a Xello'tath playthrough no more than five minutes before writing this) and as much as I love it, certain aspects of the game have not aged well. An example could be some of the sanity effects have lost their umph as technology has rolled on (e.g. the sanity effects where "MUTE" would appear on the screen or a fake Volume meter would decrease; most modern TVs don't have MUTE and Volume displays that look like they do in the game, so the impact is lessened considerably).

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'd also like to see Resident Evil return to its roots a little bit. Dear Capcom, not everything needs to be like CoD. Dead Rising didn't need to be CoD with Gritty McSerious, and Resident Evil didn't need to be CoD.

Are you going to get the Resident Evil HD Remaster Edition when it comes out on January 20th?

Years
    The Last Guardian... Will it ever escape development limbo? We just don't know...

I would hope to see it released by the end of the decade. But I am uncertain of its fate.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    A company was in the process of making a spiritual successor recently called "Shadow of the Eternals" with Denis Dyack leading the project. Unfortunately, they made several errors in promoting it and failed to really utilize crowdfunding in a way they should have, so the project is in limbo right now. God only knows when things will look up, if ever.

I'd be satisfied though if they just remade Sanity's Requiem. I've been playing the game recently (I just beat a Xello'tath playthrough no more than five minutes before writing this) and as much as I love it, certain aspects of the game have not aged well. An example could be some of the sanity effects have lost their umph as technology has rolled on (e.g. the sanity effects where "MUTE" would appear on the screen or a fake Volume meter would decrease; most modern TVs don't have MUTE and Volume displays that look like they do in the game, so the impact is lessened considerably).

D: It was gonna see the light of day again? And nobody told me? Sigh.

Yeah, they'd definitely have to revamp some of the sanity effects if they brought it back, and hopefully add some new ones for the older fans that are already familiar with all of the game's shenanigans. The fake blue screen is another one that probably wouldn't work so well on modern consoles, or even on PC. Well, perhaps 360 owners might have believed that one; I had one and I'd be inclined to believe it if it deleted my save data or if I saw a BSOD.
    What video game titles or series would you like to see return?

Are you going to get the Resident Evil HD Remaster Edition when it comes out on January 20th?

I feel kind of dumb jumping on it like I am, but I definitely am, lol. I still have the Gamecube copy in wonderful condition so I really shouldn't need to rush into it, but an HD version for PC is too good to pass up.
    And a chance to drop the tank controls would be good for my dad to play it comfortably again. Every time he goes back to the old RE titles, he forgets how to walk and I have to explain it to him again. It'd be nice for him to not have to go through that.. and for me to not go through that. :3

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I'm hoping Microsoft will tell us some time in 2015 that there's another Gear of War, or maybe a HD collection for Xbox One

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    We haven't had a proper Metroid game in over a decade. Metroid is a side-scrolling adventure game, and Metroid: Other M is not canon nor is it an acceptable game in the series.

Another game I've been waiting to hear from is the Advance Wars. They've been quiet for about 6 years now, I think it's time to bring another one out. Fir Emblem sees a nice stable release but Advance Wars petered out at some point in time.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Megaman Battle Network, obviously. Starforce was the worst thing that Capcom came up with... even though it said after the 6th game that it ended, They still could have done with a few more in between before the scenario at the end which concluded the series.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I would at least like to see an **acceptable* Golden Sun finale because I CANNOT accept that ending of Golden Sun Dark Dawn to be the end of the series, ugh. It was on such a cliffhanger!
    I'm actually not sure if I want a sequel to Dark Dawn. For me the series ended after TLA and DD is more of an RPG with Golden Sun elements than a Golden Sun game itself. The cliffhanger at the end felt kinda unneccessary, tbh, because it makes the game feel like being just one hugh sidequest without plot development whatsoever.
    I too would like to see a new Golden Sun game, but then this time more oriented on the first two games.

I'd also like to see a new Lufia game, preferably using similar mechanics as Lufia 2.

Years
    I would like to see the Megaman franchise to return. I don't care if it's a side-scroller, a Battle Network/Starforce reboot, another Legends game. I literally don't care, I just want the Megaman franchise to return.

Last edited:
    Years
    Suikoden and Wild Arms come to mind, although the development teams for both have long since split so that likely wont happen. I would also really like to see Jak 4 and Fallout 4 some time in my lifetime.

Oh, and Mega Man. GIVE US LEGENDS 3 CAPCPOM Any Mega Man...except maybe X because I'm of the opinion that Capcpom should have left it alone after X5 like Inafune wanted, but at this point I'd probably take anything that isn't a terrible iOS game or an "official" fan made game.

Dot Hack.

Your wish may just be granted, unless you want to go ahead and count Guilty Dragon since it's actually related to .hack.

Sir Codin

And not that MMO flop, I'm talking an actual KOTOR 3.

EDIT:
    Oh, and can I get a "hurrah" for a Baldur's Gate 3? In fact, if we could get more Infinity Engine-style Dungeons & Dragons RPGs in general, that would be sweet. You've got a perfect opportunity for it, too, with D&D 5th edition being out now. I'd love to see a game using 5th edition rules.

Last edited:

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
    I'd love to see another Final Fantasy Tactics game.

While I personally am sick of the main series games the Tactics games remain several of my favorite games ever. Mostly as an experiment on how broken you can make your party.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    My friend and I were hugeee Jet Set Radio fans and have currently been going through a replay of them. I like how Sega still uses characters like Beat and places them in games like Sonic Racing Allstars Transformed, but seriously waiting for Jet Set Radio 3

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
    THE KING OF FIGHTER SERIES, POKEMON STADIUM 1,POKEMON STADIUM 2 and GOLDEN SUN 4th and final installment.............for me it is soooooooooo bad and It was on such a cliffhanger that this 3rd installment its such kinda annoying.And also I can't accept that ending of GSDD. Anyway hopefully the owner of the company will improve for next and final installment of GS and more oriented on the first two games in GBA.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    Would like to see Virtua Quest 2 to be honest

Megaman Battle Network, obviously. Starforce was the worst thing that Capcom came up with... even though it said after the 6th game that it ended, They still could have done with a few more in between before the scenario at the end which concluded the series.

Battle Network fan :) Such a fun series.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back