• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Up (2009)

A must-see animated feature that explores grief, adventure and responsibility.

Years
  • It Follows
    From what I could remember, this was supposed to be big horror movie of 2015, but it somehow dodged me until now. And I enjoyed it. Don't take me wrong, this was as much of a good horror as Pokémon Sword and Shield are good games, but I had really good laugh almost the whole thing. Like the premise is so silly, but still kinda believable. The characters have some good moments and music is great. And I totally didn't spend 2 more hours brainstorming crazy ideas how to make the demon busy until you die of the old age. I would give it solid 3.5/5

A Christmas Carol (2019)
    Now this was something. More serious and darker approach to this classic. First episode was the most horrory and slowest out of the three, but it set up the whole thing perfectly. I really recommend everyone to watch this.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We burned through Shrek 2 and 3 this weekend. Shrek 2 is still one of the best animated movies ever made. The third isn't all bad, but really not as great as the second.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Went to go see Jojo Rabbit a few days ago, and it did not disappoint. I laughed and sobbed in equal measure, and fell a little more in love with Taika Waititi's directing expertise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2020
    Hidden Figures

The real(ish) story of three black women who worked for NASA at a time of racial segregation. Heart warming and feel good, whilst still casting light on the ugly history of race relations in the US.

Worth a watch 8/10

Years
  • Steel Magnolias. An 80's movie about the bond a group of women share in a small-town Southern community and how they cope with the death of one of their own. It was incredibly heartwarming. I'd absolutely recommend.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2020
    Misery (1990)

Great nail-biter... very claustrophobic. The less said the better! Kathy Bates definitely deserved that Oscar.

Years
    • Online now
    Shawshank Redemption. I loved it.

Misery (1990)

Great nail-biter... very claustrophobic. The less said the better! Kathy Bates definitely deserved that Oscar.

I agree. Her performance as Anne Wilkes was one of the greatest I've ever seen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    The Interview (1998)

It's an independent Aussie thriller about the interrogation of a guy who gets dragged out of his flat by armed police at 5am. He appears to have no idea what he's wanted for. Hugo Weaving is beyond amazing in it.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Parasite. Watched it knowing nothing about the film and came out very impressed by the themes and dark humour. Well worth the hype imo - shout out to my favourite character Ki-Jung's actress Park So-dam. Her performance was excellent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2020
    Knives Out - 5/10
    Not nearly as funny/entertaining as everyone seemed to think it was :confused: I enjoyed it, I didn't regret watching it but it just wasn't that great.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail

So... We have a slot machine at work that was themed after this and I finally caved in looking for it and found it on Netflix. I loved the humor behind it that's for sure. Made me laugh a few times!

7/10

Years
  • War and Peace- 1956

I was reluctant to count this because I turned it off before the end, but what I saw of it was just terrible. It has lavish production values, glistening jewels but the dialogue was largely invented, and not things that anyone said in the book, making for a really corny script that feels very dated to the 1950s. The acting was cringeworthy I know Henry Fonda by reputation as a great actor, but he was really miscast as Count Pierre Bezukhov. He was wooden with an annoyingly pronounced American accent.

I normally love Audrey Hepburn, and thought she would make a great Natasha Rostova, but was sorely disappointed. She waltzed around in clothes and hairstyles that were of the 1950s, not the 1800s. She looked like she was on the set of Sabrina, not War and Peace. There was no effort to become this character, she was just being her charming self.

There were a bunch of other actors who were also really bad. How phony and artificial everything was is what really made me lose patience with this movie.

I didn't make it through a full hour of this adaptation, and am fine with that. I know how the story ends, or at least how it is supposed to. I just want to return this rental asap, and rewatch the 2016 television version of War and Peace I have with Lily James to get the taste of this other one out of my mouth. I normally love old movies. I know of one really good adaptation of War and Peace from 1966 by Sergei Bondarchuk. The one I just saw is not one golden oldies through.

Last edited:
    Years
  • monty python and the holy grail with bf! i could've sworn i never watched this, but quite a bit of it came back to me as i watched so i must've in school or uni or something?? really funny movie 👍

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • ^^^^^

Love that film.

---

Shaun of the dead.
    It never fails to amuse me, but also gross me out with some of the film effects.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Captain Marvel. Watched it on DVD last week, pretty underrated movie. I honestly thought it was better than either of the Ant Man movies, and much better than Thor the Dark World. 8/10

Years
  • Finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman. I never really cared about the history of Queen or Elton John and had only a little knowledge about them so I can't say if the movies were authentic, but I think they were overall great movies with some of the best performance I've seen in a while.

And while I was at it I also watched Green Book about a classical and jazz pianist Don Shirley and his driver Tony Lip. I have to admit that I've never heard about them before, but once again, it was pretty enjoyable movie with a douse of new knowledge.

Back