• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Palossand
    Crawbrawler
    Turtonator
    Regirock
    Clefable
    Togedemaru

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Too hard to tell a complete picture right now, as we don't have any leaks of merit for any final evolutions except for with the starters.

Ninetales and Marowak are pretty much guaranteed. Raichu is a possibility, but I'd like to avoid using it because I've used Raichu so many times. May still happen, though, because Electric/Psychic typing takes two types I usually use two different Pokemon types for, so I could use another new Pokemon with unique typing if I didn't just have a separate Pokemon for both types.

I always use the water type, so that's pretty much guaranteed. Although in OR I dropped Swampert because that's my least favorite water starter line by a wide margin. I don't anticipate that happening with Popplio. However, I also really want Rowlet. It's the most appealing starter here, and also has the most appealing leaked final evolution. So hopefully maybe someone will give one to me? D: (I may end up getting the game late, as I don't really have money to be buying games anyway, so it might work out). Pikipek is cute, too, but I've not always been in love with the final evolutions of the starting bird Pokemon as of late.

Rockruff or Mudsdale are contenders for another spot. I don't know yet.

Years
  • My team isn't completely set in stone yet, for obvious reasons. I'll go ahead and post what I'm currently thinking about using, though:

Rowlet, Crabrawler, and Marowak are pretty much guaranteed spots on my team. I'm currently debating between Electivire and Vikavolt, if someone can trade with me, then I'll go with the former. For a water-type, I'm thinking of using Lapras or maybe Pyukumuku. I also really want to use Drampa, he just looks cool to me.

I'm still going to look for backups, though. Just in case something is too hard to find, or appears too late. What do you guys think?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • <Starter> I'm waiting for evos to be revealed. As it stands, probably Popplio or Rowlet
    Pikipek, I always chose the regional bird
    Vikivolt depending on other electric types. Not a huge fan of its pre-evos.
    Mudsdale

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Not sure of the name but I really like the fighting type crab. The little details are so nice.
    Probably go litten as my starter and rest of the team I won't decide till i play the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    At the moment is this team but I really want to try all of them at some point :)

Rockruff - hope he does get 3 evos and becomes the new eevee :) I'd probably get three and train them all.

Lurantis - it is a pretty pokemon

Bewear - I actually like bewear. Simple design and from his description, he looks to be a bug physical attacker

Minior - I like this guy. Reminds me of carbink and I like the variations. I actually thought of a fakemon like him a couple of years ago. So nice to see that dream become a reality.

I'll leave it at that for right now. The water types this gen haven't been the best for me tho I like all pokemon in some shape or form. I would say wishiwashi but I feel like I may need to figure out ways to counter this because pokemon like that and Mudsdale will be used by everyone.

Edit: I'll probably buy both versions.
    So here is team 2.
    Crabrawler - I think it is unique.
    litten line - I like this pokemon's rumored final evo litten3. He looks like someone from Mucha Lucha :3
    togedemaru - I like him being like an electric ferrothorn. I think he will come in handy in doubles.
    Alolan Marowak - Fire dancers look cool :3 I'm name him tonga :p

I have my eye on the other alolan forms which I think are very very cool. Also, I'm curious how Bounsweet and Rowlet will turn out...

Last edited:

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    Lurantis
    Morelull
    Mimikyu
    (Alolan) Raichu
    (Alolan) Ninetales
    (Alolan) Meowth

Eventually Magearna and Lunala will be in my team, for sure!

Will probably pick Rowlet as my starter :pokeball:

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I am hoping Lurantis and Morelull get better abilities. Leaf guard and effect spore aren't great especially since many other new pokemon are getting useful abilities.

And Snow Cloak for Vulpix, Ninetails and Sandshrew line is kind of niche because I don'T really see Haze teams compared to Sandstorm teams.

Years
  • Honestly, go for it! ^_^ You might find it a lot more useful than Vika anyway; but my advice is to go with Vika first and see whether or not someone would trade you an Electabuzz later on. I also find the idea of using Drampa very interesting, and I've honestly haven't considered it myself!

Thank you for the advice! I've actually decided to go with Vikavolt. The Electrizer might not be available before the post-game, and I'd rather not wait until then to evolve Electabuzz.

If it turns out to be obtainable before then, I'll go ahead and use Electivire in the opposite version.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm definitely using Mimikyu on my first playthrough, it's so adorable! I remember first seeing it in the CoroCoro scan and thinking it looked odd, but after seeing the trailer and as the months have gone on I've really warmed to that Pokemon for some reason. It has an awesome typing combination too. 8)

Years
  • And Snow Cloak for Vulpix, Ninetails and Sandshrew line is kind of niche because I don'T really see Haze teams compared to Sandstorm teams.

I think you mean hail. But I do agree with you in that hail needs more love since it's the least viable weather condition in competitive and it would be nice to see it get some more abilities that could make it worth using on a team.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So now it's looking like:
    Rockruff
    Salandit
    Ninetales-Alola
    Jangmo-o

Years
  • Team Moon:

Poppmaid
    Lurantis
    [fire pokemon]
    Rockruff
    Jangmo-o
    Cutiefly

Team Sun
    Robinhoot
    Bruxish/Pyukumuku
    [fire pokemon]
    Minior
    Morelull
    Mudsdale

I am going to be sad if we do not get any fire pokemon I like :(
    I am still holding out on the cat pokemon that can be bred to any type, a female evolution of sandalit, maybe a rockruff split evo fire typing, or some other new fire type. Also, Jangmo-o could gain fire type through its evo, but I am thinking it will be steel or rock (defensive scales), or just flying. If none of those are true, then I will go with fire-type oricorio?

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I... am a Grass Maniac myself, and I've never done this in my first play through, but I think my team will already having these Pokemon on my team:

1. Rowlet
    2. Bounsweet
    3. Lurantis
    4. Morelull

The rest of the 2 I'm picking either 2 of those:
    Oricorio Ghost, Comfey, Cutiefly, Jangmo-o

Deary me, grass types are just so awesome ^^

Back