• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    You could be right. Four of my planned team are on Melemele, but it could even be viable to rely on just your starter to take out the early part of the game. The Totems I feel will be tough, especially after I saw that footage from CoroCoro that showed Litten being destroyed by the Totem Gumshoos.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a full team as soon as possible just because I like having a complete team to travel with.....I'm just saying it's not too much of an issue for me if I don't pick them all up as soon as possible.

I'm not against trading to get a Pokemon earlier either (like a Poni island mon), though I'd rather keep that to just one team member if I can help it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm really having trouble making up two teams that don't have overlapping types and it has actually made me realize how many Pokémon from this gen I really like! There's one from the datamine that I'm still waiting for them to officially reveal.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I noticed over half of this team won't be available until Ula'Ula Island (the third island) and having a team that's not mostly available until what I consider a late portion of the game can be a problem so having fillers planned until you obtain them is a recommendation I have. Bewear will be obtainable at Akala Island which is still going to be fairly early.

I always capture Pokemon as I go. I never try to capture filler Pokemon that I plan to ditch as soon as something better comes along. That ain't nice for them. :x

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait how do you all know all the names of the islands and what order they're in too and even what islands certain Pokemon appear on? All I ever heard was that the first one is Melemele Island =(

which since some of you do seem to know, I'm curious to know when exactly island-wise I'm getting my planned team members, are there large gaps being them?:

Spoiler:
    ]

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Wait how do you all know all the names of the islands and what order they're in too and even what islands certain Pokemon appear on? All I ever heard was that the first one is Melemele Island =(

which since some of you do seem to know, I'm curious to know when exactly island-wise I'm getting my planned team members, are there large gaps being them?:

Not sure if you're avoiding the spoilers, but there's a breakdown of the islands and Pokémon you can find on them here if you wanted to see.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure if you're avoiding the spoilers, but there's a breakdown of the islands and Pokémon you can find on them here if you wanted to see.
    oh, there we go, thanks

Seems that they come along at a fairly steady pace, basically 2-1-1-1. Last one can fit in wherever I feel like I need something I guess

Years
  • Since I guess we've seen everything now... here goes.

Spoiler:

I am not sure about evolving Morelull. I love it to bits and from what I've seen its evolution is just... alright. Which isn't enough.

Also, a bit of love for this guy, which will have a temporary spot on my team for sure <3
    Spoiler:

Been thinking it over and decided to change it up a bit. I found out Lumineon is in the games so no need to worry about missing a water type on my team! <3 Also decided to use Salandit's evolution.

- Decidueye
    - Vikavolt
    - Lumineon
    - Alolan Ninetales
    - Morelull
    - Salandit evo

This means I'm ditching Kommo-o and Comfey. Will consider both for a second run.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Wait how do you all know all the names of the islands and what order they're in too and even what islands certain Pokemon appear on? All I ever heard was that the first one is Melemele Island =(

Well the names of the islands was revealed in the latest trailer (you know the part where they revealed the Tapus) and we had been speculating for a while that it was Melemele -> Akala -> Big island -> desert-y island and that was the order they revealed the remaining Tapus in.....so it seems safe enough to assume that's the order we'll be going in.

Zlexar

Steel on the outside, Fairy on the inside
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    Hmm... this is tough. I never have a team in mind when I go into a new generation.
    I catch them as I go and pick the ones that look cute / cool enough - not even checking their nature / base stats x)
    I'll give it a try based on what I've seen:

Primarina
    Alolan Ninetales
    Tsareena
    Mimikyu
    Komala
    Vikavolt or Silvally

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2016
    I've thought about this a while and I've come up with:
    -Decidueye
    -Alolan Marowak
    -Alolan Ninetales
    -Wimpod Evolution
    -Metagross
    -Kommo-o

Years
  • I'm planning on playing Moon first;
    Popplio
    Rockruff
    Jangmo-o
    Mimikyu
    Wimpod
    and one of the ones that's been leaked but that I won't mention for spoilers.

I'm also getting Sun and I'm planning on doing a mono grass run:
    Rowlet
    Cutiefly (I know it isn't a grass type but I can't resist!)
    Fomantis
    Bounsweet
    Whimsicott/Lilligant
    Leafeon or Pikipek's evolution, if it turns out to be Grass/Flying.

I'm going to catch everything anyway (gotta keep my living dex up to date), but these will most likely be my story teams. No Alolan formes for me this time!

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
  • Decidueye
    Palossand
    Komala (If, it has a evolution)
    Minior (If, it has a evolution)

The other two Pokemon, i have no idea yet.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I've only decided on a few so far:
    Decidueye
    Alolan Ninetales
    Mimikyu

I suppose I'll just do the other three as I play the game.

novafire91

I love my family!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I think I will use the team in the trainer card on my signature. I may however replace one or two of them later with Poke'mon from Poke'mon Moon.
    However, it isn't easy to determine right now, but I might replace more than that.

Years
  • Here's my updated planned Moon team:
    Spoiler:

Definitely not speedrunning the game with this plan, since female Salandit are rare and only females can evolve. Crabrawler eventually got my final slot after loads of debate, but who knows I may rotate every now and then. So looking forward to Primarina and Raichu's exclusive Z-Moves as well so expect me using them in the future.

Edit: Found out Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix were version exclusives (or assumed to be) and Vulpix appears to be in Sun (Moon gets Sandshrew) so I guess choosing Crabrawler instead worked out well.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Gonna put it in a spoiler for those who don't want to know about the leaks:

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Got my teams sorted and finalized after seeing the stat totals and types of them all. Despite a couple of typing overlaps, I'm pretty content with both teams!

Moon Team
    (Spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Sun Team
    (Spoilers)
    Spoiler:

User19sq

-Incineroar (starter)
    -Primarina (traded)
    -Vikavolt
    -Kommo-o
    -Golisiopod

The last I'm torn between:
    -Mimikyu
    -Silvally
    -Alolan Raichu
    -Alolan Muk
    -Machamp
    -That goddamn shiny, HA male Sableye I've been hounding down for years...

My interests lay within the lore and love of the new Pokémon I'll encounter, which is why you're thinking about why my type coverage is complete crap. It ain't until after I import my other babies from the past that SH*T HITS THE FAN AND I GET COMPETITIVE!!!!!

Back