• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would make Sun and Moon "perfect" for you?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What would it take for Sun and Moon to be your favorite games in the series?

For me it would be:
    1. More megas. If there are no megas, then that would be sad.
    2. Non-Kanto alolan forms.
    3. No Ash-Greninja.
    4. Somewhat tough. It doesn't need to be D/P/Pt tough, but tougher then gen 6. (and don't say it's the exp share fault, it isn't.)
    5. The champion (if there is one) NEEDS a rematch team. X/Y was terrible in that aspect.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    A. REAL. BATTLE. FRONTIER.
    Spoiler:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A. REAL. BATTLE. FRONTIER.
    Spoiler:

wow I almost forgot about the battle facilities! That would be awesome!

Years
  • I'm not getting hopes up for a Battle Frontier, but what I'm mainly hoping is a good story, decent amount of postgame content, and suitable trainer rematch system so that one can grind to Lv100 for Hyper Training stuff.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • 1. More megas. Give it better distribution this time, no more broken ones like Mega Lucario or Kanga
    3. Trial Captain/Kahuna rematches
    4. Good and likable characters, nothing like Shuana, Tierno and Trevor, ugh. Give the Captains and Kahunas some personality too.
    5. Rematches for this supposed "champion"
    6. A difficulty setting, like B2/W2, except always toggable from the menu, not just once you beat the game. Maybe add harder difficulties as well? (I'll take what I can get though)
    7. PWT / Returning characters who you can battle.
    8. The Battle Frontier.
    9. A POST GAME, ANY POST GAME.

Honestly, Sun and Moon have so much potential to be the best Pokemon games ever, as long as they don't forget their hardcore fanbase, this game will likely be one of the best. I just don't want them to let me down again, as I remember being so excited for X/Y, but after a few months I realized it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    For me:
    -Post Game stories and content, like how DPPt gave you the Battle Zone
    -Fleshed out story, not a shoed-in villainous organization, better pacing, less linearity
    -Cut down on the rivals. XY primarily pushed it's plot by having other characters be the vehicle for story progression, stating your motives for you, etc. One or two (a la BW1) is more than enough.

Years
  • -Cut down on the rivals. XY primarily pushed it's plot by having other characters be the vehicle for story progression, stating your motives for you, etc. One or two (a la BW1) is more than enough.

I can say Sun & Moon seems to have cut down on rivals since it appears Hau will be our only rival this time around.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    1. More megas. Give it better distribution this time, no more broken ones like Mega Lucario or Kanga
    3. Trial Captain/Kahuna rematches
    4. Good and likable characters, nothing like Shuana, Tierno and Trevor, ugh. Give the Captains and Kahunas some personality too.
    5. Rematches for this supposed "champion"
    6. A difficulty setting, like B2/W2, except always toggable from the menu, not just once you beat the game. Maybe add harder difficulties as well? (I'll take what I can get though)
    7. PWT / Returning characters who you can battle.
    8. The Battle Frontier.
    9. A POST GAME, ANY POST GAME.

Honestly, Sun and Moon have so much potential to be the best Pokemon games ever, as long as they don't forget their hardcore fanbase, this game will likely be one of the best. I just don't want them to let me down again, as I remember being so excited for X/Y, but after a few months I realized it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.
    I agree with every single one of these. I don't feel like we have such a small fanbase wanting these features, I think the people who do just aren't speaking up! We can make things happen!

And I've actually wanted gym leader rematches for the longest time! Trial captains would be good enough though :p

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    For me, it'd be:

1. A new penguin Pokémon (I know, that is very oddly specific)
    2. Good post-game
    3. New Megas
    4. Difficulty settings
    5. At least one more rival
    6. Good story
    7. At least 100 Pokémon

... Pretty much it, actually.

Last edited:

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • All I'd want is pretty much a longer post-game and a new game plus (where hypothetically you get to restart the story where your boxed Pokemon are carried over and perhaps a level bump.)

Sadly, I highly doubt the latter is ever happening.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What would make this the perfect game.... hmmm.

1. More Megas. At least 20 of Sinnoh/Unova/Johto Pokemon
    2. At least 30 Alolan Forms, not being all Kanto.
    3. At least 100+ Pokemon. Preferably 110 at least.
    4. Good Story.
    5. A good amount of post game. Something that will make us want to play a while after in hopes of waiting for the new pokemon games.
    6. A few Pre Evolutions of old Pokemon. A few Evolutions of Old Pokemon. Dunsparce.
    7. Something similar to White Forest and Black City in BW2.
    8. At least 1 rival, if Lillie does turn out to be a battler. I will be fine.
    9. A good amount of new legends. 10 to 12 is my ideal amount that we can catch. That does not count Event Legends.
    10. Dolphin Pokemon
    11. At least 8 Ice Types.
    12. At least 5 Dragon Types
    13. Clown Fish pokemon.
    15. Tiger Shark Pokemon
    16. Ability to return to Kalos or Unova which is highly unliekly.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Obviously a lot more but these are the main things I want
    - more megas
    - cross gen evolution
    - replayability
    - a dynamic region (tho from the looks of the map it seems that'll be the case anyway)

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • - Some more megas (especially the gen 2 starters)
    - Good post-game. As in an entire new area to explore, kinda like what Sinnoh did but with a decent storyline added to it.
    - Friend safari (or something similar) returning. I love to look for shinies
    - Non-kanto Alola formes. The Kanto ones are nice and all, but lately it seems Gamefreak doesn't care much for anything between gen 1 and the current one (except for, you know, the gen 3 remakes)
    - Alola having fossil pokemon
    - Something imilar to the battle frontier. Now I'm not much of a battler but it'd still be fun.
    - If customizable clothes are available, the standard outfits of the protagonists from gen 1-6 being available (but that's never gonna happen)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    -Expansive trainer customization
    -A good story
    -Plenty of postgame content, not just some Battle Tower rip-off
    -Multiple save files
    -Difficulty modes (Easy mode for the kids, with all the hand-holding and stuff; Normal mode for the casual players, with moderate difficulty and allowing us to discover things for ourselves; Hard mode for the die-hards, in which opponents have Pokemon with good EV's, IV's, natures, items, and movesets)
    -Give the evil team boss and the champion awesome battle music (it doesn't have to top Zinnia's battle theme, but still)
    -Fix the broken Megas (Gengar, Kangaskhan, Blaziken, Mawile, Salamence, and Lucario)
    -Give Blaziken a different HA than Speed Boost
    -Give Wimpod a second ability, like Swift Swim or something
    -Make a Ground/Fighting gorilla
    -Give evolutions to Pokemon that need them, like Farfetch'd and Basculin
    -Give Alola forms to Pokemon from different generations rather than just Kanto

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    1. Big post-game with new locations. (See Gen. 5)
    2. Battle Frontier with a World Tournament Dome included.
    3. Johto Starter Megas
    4. A selection of Pokemon that we can choose from to walk with us. (See Litten & Hau)
    5. A feature similar to Trainer's Eye / VS. Seeker
    6. Underwater Exploration
    7. Clothes from past generations' protagonists available for purchase in a sort of thrift store location
    8. At least 50 new Megas/Alola Forms including gen 2-6 pokemon
    9. Challenge Mode available from the start

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think it's because of how lacking the post-game felt for X/Y is what makes people want a change in S/M? I don't know if it was just me but I feel like the Kalos games had the poorest content for post-game of any of the generations so far. ;;

Back