• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's the luckiest you've been with shiny hunting?

Years
  • I haven't really been as lucky, but two of the times where I lucked out were when I hatched a shiny Charmander at around 100 eggs and when I found a shiny Zigzagoon via Dexnav after a chain of only 3. This is all without the shiny charm.

Years
  • I can understand you and while I'm not a breeder I have been unlucky with shinies in this game. The only one I obtained was a Zigzagoon from a random wild encounter.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Hatching a shiny Pidgey after only 36 eggs (and it was my first succesfull Masuda Method attempt).
    Finding a random shiny Magnemite
    And getting a shiny Lugia after only 3 days of soft resetting.

So yeah, so far I've been kinda lucky during this game. Shiny Regice also didn't take that much time but more than Lugia.

No luck with Regirock yet though but I'm trying t get the entire set.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • -shiny wailmer on 4th chain fish
    -shiny 5% gyarados on 23rd chain fish
    -shiny magikarp on the 28th chain fish (the chain directly after the gyarados)
    first and only time i've got two shiny's in one day :D

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I actually haven't run into a shiny in ORAS so far, nor X&Y. I feel like I could run into a wild encounter every two minutes for an entire game sometimes, and never once find a shiny.

Maybe I should try chain fishing when I start up ORAS next time, and see if I can find one that way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've been rather lucky. I get quite a few of them by Hordes or Poke Nav. Other than that I get most of mine through Wonder Trade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I found a Shiny Onix with 3 stats having 31iv, relaxed nature and it's hidden ability. By then I evolved it into Steelix.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2018
    Well luckiest shiny in one day was Hunting with DexNav in OR
    Getting 2 Eevee and 1 Ralts but took about 2 hours to get one
    Next day i got another shiny eevee that i plan to trade soo if anyone wants it its still up for grabs :)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • The luckiest I've been in Omega Ruby was when I found a shiny Gloom with the DexNav without even trying.

FindingXMemo

Echo Trainer
    Years
  • I wasn't exactly hunting for shiny pokemon, but I was in the safari zone looking for light balls (I completely forgot about the DexNav) and I found a Shiny Psyduck. Later on that day, I was fishing for heart scales and I found a shiny Luvdisc

It was probably the luckiest day in my entire life

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    my luckiest would be my shiny poochyena that i got while attempting to dexnav a zorua. my other one would be my shiny zekrom that i got after half a day of sring

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Around December 2014, after 200 soft resets I captured a shiny Zekrom. I then set my mind to getting one of my favorite shiny legendaries of all time, but it took a while. In July 2015, I finally found my shiny Cresselia after 1130 soft resets. <3

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Haven't actually gotten any shinies in ORAS that I know of, haven't done much breeding or REing in the game at all lol. Up until recently when I sold my version of X I had done all of my hunting there.

I think I'll be getting some shinies later on though, currently prepping for Sun & Moon gradually by breeding. yey.

MariaB

Forever hunting shiny Vulpix T_T
    Years
  • My luckiest was a shiny Shuppet and Meditite on the same day within a couple of hours!
    I was actually hunting for a shiny Vulpix, but that thing just does not want to show up!
    I ended up really loving the Meditite and as it was male I decided to evolve it. Blue Medicham looks amazing (as well as Mega Medicham)!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I was Dexnav hunting for a shiny Duskull, and just a few minutes after catching one, as soon as my max repel wore off, I got a horde encounter with a shiny Shuppet in it.

Back