• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the weather like today? (Quel temps fait-il ? ♪)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I experienced super cold (close to freezing) temperatures today, and also encountered SLEET during my first day in Houston, TX. The weather nerd in me went absolute batshit crazy. Can I not leave? xD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Today was frr-frr-frr-freeeezinnnggg!

-26 but felt closer to -37, and tomorrow is looking about the same :pink_nod:

Should warm up by Saturday alongside snowfall. I see a long-term forecast of -1C! How exciting! ♥♥

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Il fait froid. :< Classes actually got cancelled in the afternoon due to threats of icy roads. See, we in Alabama don't have all that there snow gear and them there salt trucks like y'alls gots in the north cause there ain't much sense in payin' for somethin' we just don't need all the time. So when stuff like this happens, gotta play it safe.

i went from french to typing in southern accent how is that for you

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i'm so pissed with georgia rn. it was frickin 100% chance of snow at 5 am and i woke up this morning to rain. i stayed up all night last night working on hw bc i thought we wouldn't have jw and now i've got to take a test. georgia is aweful don't ever move here

Belldandy

Years
    Suppperrrr cold today. Very windy, too, so that sucked :pink_frown:

Had a lot of walking to do outside between buildings today, and the roof of one of uOttawa's buildings started to leak (maybe pressure from the snow? I don't know), so I couldn't take the indoor route to the central building. That sucked :pink_no:

Sitting at -19C right now with 22km/h winds and 33km/h gusts. Brrrr :pink_frown:

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    another georgia weather rant is coming your way. it was supposed to snow and ice all last night which it did from what i know and our county still didn't cancel school. my friend texted me a picture of all the counties that closed and every single one in north georgia closed (i'm not even fricken kidding you) except our county. the only reason we'll have no school is if a school bus flips over or someone dies. ifs

Belldandy

Years
    another georgia weather rant is coming your way. it was supposed to snow and ice all last night which it did from what i know and our county still didn't cancel school. my friend texted me a picture of all the counties that closed and every single one in north georgia closed (i'm not even fricken kidding you) except our county. the only reason we'll have no school is if a school bus flips over or someone dies. ifs

That happened with my boyfriend at his university. The other university and two colleges closed last year. Lots of accidents on a major highway and most professors couldn't even make it to school for their classes. His was the only university that didn't cancel classes due to the practically week-long blizzard that dumped a metre of snow in some areas, had zero visibility, stupidly icy roads and blowing snow warnings on top of wind chill warnings (-30C in some regions).

It was dumb :pink_no:

x

Today in Ottawa: -12C, calm, warming up this weekend. The canal has set a new record for longest opening stretch since records began a bijillion years ago :pink_nod: almost fifty days straight now! Previous record I think was forty-four days.

Reactions: dad
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've went outside earlier this morning to grab some groceries thinking I didn't need any gloves nor hat, but it actually wound up to be pretty cold (shoudn't have underestimated); around 8F, apparently.

At the moment, it's 19 degrees.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    cold & sunny, the sun is going down now though. WHERE IS SUMMER ):

Belldandy

Years
    Went out today and it was a comfortable -10C. Sunny and actually quite warm :pink_nod:

Colder in my house than outside I reckon at this point. Freezing to death in here :pink_frown:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    It's goddamn hot. Always hot here.

I live in a desert.

I guess you could say I heat the weather here (heuehueheuh)

Belldandy

Years
    Nice out today. Dry. -10C I think, if that. Lots of snow this evening and tonight, though: 10-15cm in total, iirc.

Also, this is what TWN (The Weather Network) does sometimes when tweeting or Facebook publishing the weather:

I think it's hilarious. They're professionals, so it's definitely unexpected lol some people got super angry at this pic, though.

Years
    So i'm on vacation in Florida currently, and i've heard that back home in Pennsylvania, there's been over four inches of snow, and from what i'm reading it's been getting worse and worse. Freezing rain, snow and sleet, and then some. It really sounds like they're in for a miserable time.

Meanwhile, here the weather has been great. At around 77 degrees, sometimes a little lower, it's been super nice and pleasant to be outside. Granted it has been a bit scorching but I don't mind it. (: Anything to get away from this horrid coldness, at least.

Belldandy

Years
    We ended up getting all that snow in Ottawa, and tomorrow is going to be the last time in the foreseeable future that the temperature'll drop to -23C. The outlook says colder than normal for March/April, but at this point -3C is basically a party hour.

Belldandy

Years
    I think it's a bit early to bump, but speaking of spring-like weather, Ottawa is getting up to 9C tomorrow! I'm thrilled lol and I barely have class so I'll be able to go outside and enjoy it!

Back