• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your character's name going to be?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    But that might get awkward if the BF-owning chump makes an appearance...

Way too awkward.

I think I've decided: OR guy as Chronos, AS girl as... Candella! Last time I named a character after myself was back at Pokemon Black, and there wasn't enough space so it ended up being Candela haha. This time however, especially since it's in AS, I'll be naming her after myself.

Of course, I'm getting OR first since my friend wants to get AS first. Well... it'll wait 'til December or January I guess.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    TOMATO SOUP 5ever

Really random name, but I liked Tomato Soup in XY, so I'll be sticking with it this time around.

Years
    It's going to be Laura, after my real name :)

It's kind of a nostalgic feeling for me because the first time I ever got to play as my own gender and own name was with May in Emerald, so it's gonna be an awesome feeling playing the upgraded version with my own name and familiar Hoenn team and everything lol :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    My in game name will be Tia as it has been in every single game I've played through. It's a funny name for me personally because I am a nurse and TIA is an abbreviation for transient ischemic attack which we see a lot of on my floor.

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Let's see, as far as non-normal names I've had:
    FLAME - Sapphire,
    FLARE - Sapphire,
    BLAZE - FireRed,
    HYDRO - LeafGreen,
    EMERALD - Emerald,
    GHETSIS - Emerald,
    ANAKIN - Diamond,
    VADER - Platinum,
    SIDIOUS - White,
    ALUCARD - White 2,
    Soma Cruz - X.
    I can't seem to remember exactly what I used in Crystal. It may have had the word cool in it.

For Omega Ruby, I'm thinking of keeping with the Castlevania motif, and going with Dracul. There's also a chance, to commemorate Groudon's promotion to Fire-type, I may once again use a fire-related name.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    For Omega Ruby, when I play through with Brendan, I'll call him Zed, honoring my character from my original Emerald game.

In Alpha Sapphire, where I'll be May, I'm not too sure yet. Thinking maybe Inke, after my WoW Gnome, or possibly Echo, after my alias on here!

blue

gucci
    Years
    With these games being remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, it has to be Brendan and May. I'll be playing as Brendan with Alpha Sapphire and when I eventually get Omega Ruby I'll play as May!

Years
    Landon: tribute to one of the name choices in Ruby. I think I actually used this during my first Ruby playthrough as well.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I can't decide if I want to name my female trainer Ptolemy or Archimedes.
    I'm the worst in picking names hence why I haven't started yet.

edit.
    I went with Archimedes.
    Now, I just need to stick with it until I accept it as final. lol

Last edited:
    Years
    Whenever I play video games, I always name my male characters as Dinesh, my real first name, and for female characters, well it depends on the game and it's settings.
    So yeah, I will be going with the name, Dinesh.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Named my character Sierra in OR. Was going to name her after my original, but somehow I never thought of that until I got to this thread. I guess I'll do so when I play AS.

Years
    I used to give my characters different names, but for XY and AS, I just named him 'Mike' which is obviously my real name lol.

Back