• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your fave Poke Ball?

Years
  • Does Luxury Ball increase the pokemon's happiness faster?

If I remember correctly, the Luxury Ball does make the caught Pokemon more happy than normal so I guess you could say it increases happiness faster, but I think it's more of helping make the process of raising happiness easier since your Pokemon will have some happiness filled when caught by a Luxury Ball.

Years
  • The Master ball... Besides being the masterball i do like the violet colors, it looks mysterious, rich. Purple is the color of royalty so it really fits the king of all pokeballs.

I love the luxury ball next, its color scheme is simple, masculine and tasteful. Black with a hint of gold. I love the concept that it helps strengthen the bond you have with your Pokemon. Sometimes I catch a Pokemon with a luxury ball even when there is no direct benefit to it like a happiness-based evolution just because I really like that particular species and mean to treat it well.

The timer ball mainly because it made catching legendaries a lot easier.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've always had a fondness for the Luxury Ball. It's one of my favorites to use.

Sirfetch’d

Love and Heal balls are my favorite! Pink is such a pretty color and the balls just look amazing in my party. Beast Balls are a close 3rd though.

Mokuroh

A Kebab.
    Years
  • My fave ball has got to be the Beast Ball, introduced into Sun & Moon.

It basically looks like Cosmoem as a Pokeball XD.

The gold structure resembles Cosmoem's golden structure, as well found in Solgaleo, Lunala, and a little bit in Cosmog.

The dark blue grid and centre represents the dark blue aura also found in Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo and Lunala.

Overall, i love the sleek design and concept, which makes me love it. (i know, a very long post XD)

Years
  • My fave ball has got to be the Beast Ball, introduced into Sun & Moon.

It basically looks like Cosmoem as a Pokeball XD.

The gold structure resembles Cosmoem's golden structure, as well found in Solgaleo, Lunala, and a little bit in Cosmog.

The dark blue grid and centre represents the dark blue aura also found in Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo and Lunala.

Overall, i love the sleek design and concept, which makes me love it. (i know, a very long post XD)

Here's a little comparison using the Beast Ball and Cosmoem's mini sprites.

I can definitely see the resemblance here in terms of colour and structure of the body. This makes more sense when you consider Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo and Lunala's connection with Ultra Beasts.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Repeat balls are the ones that I prefer to use. Usually, I catch multiple pokemon of the same species to get a stat distribution that is more favourable before placing them on my in-game team.

Plus, repeat balls are easily bought in shops.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i love quick balls and timer balls for use and dusk balls FOR THE AESTHETIC

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I loveeeee the quick, dive, & luxury ball!!

I also like the Friend ball & the designs of the Moon ball and Beast Ball :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Quick Balls are pretty handy to use anytime I'd like a Pokemon haven't gotten for the Dex. <33 Otherwise, I deeply enjoy Friend and Love Balls, for increasing a Pokemon's happiness. :]

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Personally I quite like the designs for the ultra and luxury balls. Other than that I just don't really care for the balls, they just capture the monsand that's it? I know there are balls that help increase the feiendship of the captured mons but I'd like too see more to that. Like a ball that increases the base attack/defence of the mon captured, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    My favorite Pokeball has been and always will be the Premier ball. I know it's not very practical with only having the capabilities of a normal Pokeball, but there's always something satisfying to me as being able to use an item that was a bonus.

Back