• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When did you give up?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    If you're like me and you're not a completist, at what point did you put ORAS down for a while?
    For me, it was before I finished the Delta episode, I THINK Rayquaza is the next thing to do, but I spent so long exploring places that I hadn't seen before and then lost my way to Rayquaza, I eventually got a new 3DS game and haven't played on ORAS in about 2 months. I might pick it up again soon, but that's when I stopped playing for now anyway. It was probably a bad time to quit and just thinking about it now I should get to Rayquaza, haha.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I put away the game before the last gym for some time, but I wouldn't
    call it "giving up" just didn't want to finish it that soon and also sort of
    lost intrest in continuing the game. After that I played through the whole
    thing and now I'm putting it away again, the soft reseting for shiny Mesprit
    is taking way longer than I expected.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • I stopped playing the minute the delta episode was over and I went to the battle resort, only to find out that it was a rehash of the maison from X and Y. Mind you, I'm one of those people who didn't spoil the post game so I was fully expecting the battle frontier to make an appearance in some form. I felt like it was such a slap in the face to see that stupid sign saying "battle frontier in construction, coming soon". I thought, "Ok ok, you're just overreacting. Maybe the frontier will be DLC or something." Come to find out that nintendo dude says "No DLC for pokemon EVAR!!!" My hopes were destroyed, along with the urge to continue playing ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Playing Omega Ruby, gave up after finishing Delta Episode. Battle Resort, just did like 3 straight battles and that's about it. Went on and beat the Elite 4 one more time to level up my Celebi lol. I know there's still more you can do by catching legendaries in those unknown areas and such (Did catch Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie though) but I feel like I have more fun collecting my dex through Wonder Trades, GTS, Wifi Trading, etc.

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • I'm taking a temporary break in AS. Don't really feel like going through Team Aqua HQ again just yet. Besides, I need to catch up in OR.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm still playing it.

I'm not obsessed or anything. ;)

Years
  • I feel horrible, because I lost motivation to play it in November and I was just after 5th gym. I somewhat played it last week and beat 6th gym, but stopped afterwards again...

Years
  • Went to the Battle Resort, went into the Maison, realized that it was using trainer classes from X/Y, which at that point I hadn't played yet.

At this very moment, I'm trying to find a Nugget or Star Piece in AS so I can trade it to X for a financial boost (I just lost two battles in X).

Years
  • Although I haven't played my main version much lately, I still have another copy that i'm doing a difficult challenge on, so that's keeping me occupied. =)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I lost motivation before the elite four and forced myself to beat it. I haven't played since, and I am breeding in XY. I think ill do a challenge run of my OR version. I feel like there was so much hype for ORAS, and it died down so quickly that everyone lost interest.

MarcEddy

TheOneAndOnlyPokemon
    Years
  • I lost motavation to play this game last December. I only played about 26 hours total

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Umm, i didn't 'give up' actually, i got addicted with a online site game and i was too focusing on it. I have no more motivation to play it atm. 8(

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    In February, more or less. I fell into a routine of leveling up and getting all the pokemon, but I have returned

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    January, or February I think. I just completed the Pokedex, but the whole process was so exausting that I needed a break. Granted, all that's left to do for me is breeding, soft resetting some legendaries and Battle Maison stuff. Unfortunately the breeding and SRing stuff is kinda holding back my motivation for doing some battling on cartridge, which is why I prefer simulators at the moment over OR.

Years
  • I defeated the Battle Maison's 50 Super Singles challenge, and fought the battle that occurs basically afterwards (being vague to avoid spoilers).

I thought about returning to get the rest of the statues, but I already did it in Y, so... I feel a little less motivated to do it again.

I'd complete my Pokedex, but I already have a living one, so it's just a matter of piping down my Pokemon from Pokebank.

I'd like more reason to battle. It'd be fun! But I find that most people I know just prefer Showdown for the convenience.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • i alredy completed the dex in x and i never gave up on oras i just took a pause when new games camoes up then once im done with them im right back with oras again until next main poke game

Years
  • After I beat the elite four I stop playing ORAS but was forced to play it seriously after my Y game somehow got corrupted. I prefer XY over ORAS tbh.

Back