• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen When Preschoolers Attack!!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    One thing I noticed in the games are the Preschoolers. They have Pokemon at level 60+ while many adults in the game are struggling to keep their own Pokemon about level 20. I just found this to be funny.

Are there any other Trainer Classes introduced in the Fifth Gen you found interesting or funny? Do you have a favorite?

List of Trainer Classes introduced in Gen5:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The preschoolers have high leveled Pokemon to correspond with the high leveled Pokemon the NPC trainers around them have.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    yeah i understand i just find it funny if you look at it as a age thing i think of it like life when i shouldnt

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I did find it pretty funny. Mighty ironic, actually.
    I did love seeing more characters like the sports players in there. I think my favorite, though, are the Janitors. Something about them makes them so cute to me. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Is it really a problem?
    My sister whom I introduced to the Pokefandom was only 3 at that time, when she first played Platinum, she was 5 and her Pokemon were Level 60+ when she completed the mainplot! So it's not really a problem for those Pre-schoolers to have high level Pokemon.
    One of the Preschooler that amused me, was that little girl who has the basic stages of pseudo legends, I was like 'you got good taste there young lass'. :)

My favorite trainer would be those soccerball players, those athletic legs... They look BA! ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It does seem a little weird to have preschoolers use high-level Pokémon. They're not as experienced as most adults just yet, so it would've made more sense if they had Pokémon who were less strong. xD My favorite characters were the Game Freak guys. You've actually had the chance to battle people from Game Freak, who are the developers of Pokémon games. How cool is that?

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    "I run, you chase me. You run, I chase you. Change your perception and reality changes." (probably not an exact quote)
    This preschooler blew my mind. Does he just ponder the universe while his classmates learn basic addition? Black/White preschoolers are stronger and wiser than adults, it seems.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I did find the double battle with Alder's preschoolers pretty amusing.

Were Harlequins not introduced in this generation?

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Are those kids even aloud to train Pokemon? They should be at least 10... ;P
    I found the Pilot class interesting as well as the sports classes.

Were Harlequins not introduced in this generation?

They where in Platinum I think, in Pokecentres.

Years
  • I thought it was hilarious that those Preschoolers somehow managed to have higher leveled Pokemon than a majority of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of Unova (in BW2 at least). I understand why they do, but the more you think about, the less and less it makes sense.

I also loved the addition of the athlete classes, too. Now all they need to do is expand on those further in X/Y (hockey players battling with Ice types?!) and I'll be happy.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Although I realize that the anime's canon is not enforced in the games, I don't like that there are trainers in the game under the age of 10.

I thought this was pretty funny, too.

Something to think about: why did people like Brock and Falkner get chosen as gymleaders if their strongest pokemon are lv15-ish, whereas literally more than half the trainers in their entire countries are stronger than them? Why did Gymleader Cheren have to use weak pokemon, despite having a lv60 Normal-type Unfezant by the end of his journey 2 years ago?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I really like that tbh. Sounds like a "you're so big and all but my Pokémon are bigger than yours!" which indirectly gives that assumption that a trainer's importance is measured by the strength of the Pokémon he has befriended, and not giving all-importance to the trainer and only the trainer as they usually do.

Coming back, I think Hooligan was quite a good twist, as we've had Burglars in the older games. I should say they should explore the "dark" side of society more. And more specifics have emerged up, including American Football relates and a family. Woo. I hope trainer classes ultimately expand so much that they're not there anymore. That would be cool.

Years
  • The main thing that really annoying me was that the first routes are full with super strong trainers and level 50 wild pokemons. I made me think-How the hell new trainers can start their journey if they can't even pass the tall grass? for example the little girl in Nuvema town that soon gonna start her journy, poor little girl-have no clue what waiting for her XD

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I think it's a bit comedic in a way. Some of those preschoolers are pretty deep though, and make even more sense than some of the random NPCs around the game. Well, staying in the school 24/7 might be attributed to that. It's such a shame though that their parents let them have Pokemon at an earlier age than you, the protagonist xD

Years
  • I thought Harlequins were introduced in the Fifth Generation.. with clowns being from the Fourth Generation.. hmm...

Anyways, I thought the preschoolers were adorable! And I do find it ironic how they have such high level Pokémon in B2W2, especially the ones along Route 3, and funny how they knew such vocabulary as well xD

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think the Subway Bosses were cool, but one thing is bugging me really bad (and with "bugging" I really mean it): where are all the Bug Catchers? They were in all the games before so why did they get rid of them?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think the Subway Bosses were cool, but one thing is bugging me really bad (and with "bugging" I really mean it): where are all the Bug Catchers? They were in all the games before so why did they get rid of them?

Apparently Nintendo/GF thought that American kids were not into Bug Pokemon.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought about the preschoolers. I felt that owning Pokemon that are too strong are just too...strong for them. xD They should be like Youngsters at the beginning of the game (unless they were trained in some elite boot camp when they were like... 6 months of age then that's understandable xD)

But anyways, I liked the GAME FREAK trainers. Their Pokemon are pretty challenging, but worth the extra training if you need some!

Back