• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Where do ORAS rank on your list of favorites?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Where do Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire rank on your list of main series games?

For me personally, they're my favorites, tied alongside Black & White 2. I love how much they give us to do beyond the main story. There's sooo many Pokemon available to catch (something I also loved about Black & White 2), and all in all I feel like they really perfected everything that X&Y introduced! These are certainly games that I'm going to be playing for a long long time, even after new gens come out, I'm sure.

So, how about you? Where would you rank ORAS on your list of favorite main series titles?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    well after playing an emerald ROMthe beginning is sorta hard to get into, but they are pretty fun. Maybe 1 or 2 along with HG/SS

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    ORAS is rank one on my list of favorites. It used to be X/Y but later changed. It's now rank two on my list of favorites.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • well after playing an emerald ROMthe beginning is sorta hard to get into, but they are pretty fun. Maybe 1 or 2 along with HG/SS

You mean you had a hard time getting into it because you were already familiar with the story? Because I could see that. That's always a factor with remakes, but between the updated graphics and all the other new 6th gen features I thought they did a pretty good job of making the games feel like a brand new experience :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    I feel ORAS are on par with Emerald for me. They did a lot with the remakes, but I feel that Emerald was unique enough to stand head and toe with ORAS, so I'd rank them both similarly. HGSS > BW2 > ORAS/Emerald > XY > FRLG > DP

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • I'm in the same boat as you- ORAS is currently my favorite of all time. :) Alpha Sapphire got me out of my seemingly hopeless burnout from playing Pokémon, and it returned me to the beginnings of my days of playing Pokémon as a child. It got me to really start liking the Gen VI mechanics and visuals, and even expanding upon and perfecting the former (AreaNav and DexNav are among the greatest additions to the series and should be permanent!). They improved on the original story so much especially by implementing references to Kalos and Mega Evolution. The new cinematic cutscenes are brilliant and breathe new beautiful, emotional life into the beloved Hoenn stories (some of them absolutely took my breath away all the way through!). ORAS was how I gained my love of Latias. <3 And although short, I loved the hell out of the Delta Episode! I don't have much memory of what typical post-games were like for me, but I really enjoyed this one! I love Zinnia and the whole sequence of her telling the ancient story of Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon (not only mixing Ruby/Sapphire's story with Emerald's, but also implementing some stuff about the new Primal formes), summoning the mighty beast, and me capturing it.

The new, deeper developments of characters like Steven, your Rival, and Wally, are amazing, and don't even get me started on the soundtrack. They bring back memories while still instilling a new, different, more modern feel. While some of the songs are quite faithful to the originals, and some are an entirely new take, all of the songs are amazing in their own rights, and in many cases, warmly nostalgic for the people who grew up with them. :) It is especially the latter for me, and combined with the modern Pokémon (beautifully emphasized by way of Pokémon from other regions, both newer and older than Gen III, migrating over to Hoenn after you tame the mighty primordial Kyogre/Groudon, I love the way they did that so much :) ), mechanics, and other things we've all come to love? I couldn't ask for a better package. ^^

For me, ORAS has major spiritual significance for me in that it was not only a love letter from my childhood of loving and playing Pokémon, but was also a reawakening for me, to get me to keep my love of the games, and to never let it go. <3

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I like BW2 better still. The game just has a lot more to do, and present a bit more of a challenge. It also had a bit more to find out for me because it wasn't the typical remake of a previous game that pokemon is known for. The lack of Bergmite in BW2 won't be ORAS's savior on my list, sadly.

Years
  • Like Ice said, I enjoyed 5th Gen better but that's not to say these were bad games. I did find some aspects more annoying than the originals (some Secret Base furniture requiring you to connect with others, and contests being harder thanks to Lisia) but in terms of where ORAS places in my fave games, I'd say they are below BW, B2W2 and XY, but above HGSS, DPPt and the original RSE.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Definitely my favorite. The original Sapphire was the Pokemon game with which I had the fondest memories, and AS has just brought those back and solidified the game as my favorite. Pretty bummed about the lack of a BF, but with all the online functionality, it is hardly a problem.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I thought that Alpha Sapphire was a really fun game but it's not on the top of my list.

1.) Pokemon Gold and Silver/Silver
    2.) Pokemon Heartgold and and SoulSilver
    3.) Pokemon X/Y
    4.) Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen
    5.) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    6.) Pokemon Black/White
    7.) Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
    8.) Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow
    9.) Pokemon Black/White 2
    10.) Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Emerald

I think that's all of the games as far as main canon goes.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    1. XY
    2. ORAS/Gen 5

While ORAS has more recent gameplay mechanics, XY just looks a lot more polished to me and that's saying something. Though, that might just be because the engine was pretty much designed with XY in mind, whereas ORAS is just gen 3 put on top of the XY engine, but with a little bit more content.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Thought a great remake I still miss some flavor from Emerald though the original battle facility on the originals because the remakes is just your typical battle frontier without the fun of the original series frontier and some characters goes more depth when we progress, so it be 3rd spot on my favorite.

Years
  • 3rd? I find it hard to pick second between this and Y. White 2 is by far my favourite, In 20 or so years I may be saying "White 2's remake."

It'll be made one day, I think we all know it.

Years
  • 5th Place. I rank the original Ruby much higher than this. While I appreciate the whole design, ideas and such, I still prefer the classic. For the stuff that's necessary for me I have Pokemon X, I don't need to do the same thing on OR.

1. Platinum
    2. X
    3. Ruby
    4. Leaf Green
    5. Omega Ruby

Years
  • 3rd gen was my favourite, so OR AS have to be my favourite games since they are remakes if my favourite games (well not emerald fully). They literally improved in everything wrong with the original games (like the long surf times) with more Pokemon, and wifi compatibility. I always wanted to play R/S against other people, and since I haven't been able to in years, OR AS were pretty nice.

Maybe I'd rank them as my second favourite games, as I still feel Emerald was my favourite(Though OR AS are quite close behind)

My list

1.Emerald
    2.OR AS
    3. R/S
    4. Platinum
    5. D/P
    6.X/Y
    7.HG/SS
    8. GSC
    9. B/W (Never played BW2)
    10.FRLG
    11. RGBY (Don't get me wrong, they were good as a start to the series, but they are extremely flawed and buggy. I will always love RGBY, and will buy them for the 3DS though)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Whilst Hoenn isn't my favourite region ORAS is at the top of my list. It's such a pleasure to play, easier to control, visually stunning and the best soundtrack! The DexNav is the greatest and I loved customising my Secret Base and visiting others!

pkmin3033

Above B/W and the original R/S, but below Emerald (which I enjoyed a lot more for being able to battle both Magma and Aqua, amongst other things) so...third from the bottom, making it my third least-favourite instalment in the franchise to date. I just found Alpha Sapphire really underwhelming; as a region Hoenn isn't particularly awe-inspiring for me, and the gameplay additions were nothing revolutionary. Plus I'm not keen on the 3DS Pokemon models and I still can't listen to the OST without getting traumatized by flashbacks of those godawful trumpets.

Not a bad game - the only truly bad Pokemon game is B/W, in my opinion - but an underwhelming, forgettable one. That I had to wait an additional week to get on top of what the US had to wait for no reason whatsoever. That soured it. **** you too, Nintendo.

Agenta

General Breeder
    Years
  • I would have to say ORAS rates in the top 5 but not number 1 or 2 in my list. Personally I feel that HGSS is out of all of the games the best, SO much was put into that game to play like the pokeathlete stadium, to the battle area and the safari remake. Plus I got my first GBC later then most and Silver was the game I got into Pokemon with. X/Y is a firm number 2 with ORAS probably number 3. X/Y seemed like others have said more polished and unique where ORAS was a paint job over it.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I've thoroughly enjoyed revisiting Hoenn in the remake/upgrade of ORAS. The only game series I have yet to experience is XY (I only just obtained a 2DS finally) but Alpha Sapphire is certainly my favourite of the main series games that I've played thus far. I'm a huge fan of all things water so this game certainly fits the bill :P

1. Alpha Sapphire
    2. HeartGold
    3. Pearl
    4. LeafGreen
    5. Silver
    6. Sapphire/ Emerald
    7. Red/ Yellow
    8. Black
    9. White 2

Back