• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Where's Wally?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Where's Wally?

For those of you who don't know who Wally is get out, he was a sickly little boy who had to leave his home in Petalburg and move in with his Aunt, Uncle, and cousin in order for him to start getting healthy in the clean air of Verdanturf Town. After you defeat him in a battle in front of the Mauville City gym, he is inspired to travel around the region, collecting Pokemon and badges, and proving to himself and his father that he really can do well on his own. Eventually, he becomes the last trainer you face off against in Victory Road, and is even known amongst the trainers there as the kid who's beating everyone.

I really hope he makes a full comeback into the games, and I actually hope his role is a little more prominent and important than it was in RSE. Do you hope to see the inspiring little lad make a return? What do you think his role could be if he does so?

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    I have no doubts that he'll be returning. I think it'd be cool if we got to battle him a bit more. That way we'd be battling May/Brendan and Wally throughout the game. He could also tag along with you to battle the evil teams like your rival did in Black 2/ White 2.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    I like Wally, he's a well developed character as far as pokemon games go, and you just get the feeling he and his Ralts are very close. He's also pretty different than the typical overconfident, fiery kids that are typical main characters of pokemon stories.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I always get the feeling that Wally is a cheater someone with respect, but still just a kid. I'd love to see him some more, as he's one of my favorite of the non playable story-relevant characters.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I want Wally (and Brendan/May, by extension) to actually have a full team of six when the player encounters him in Victory Road. In addition, I would love for his role to be expanded (more encounters or battles, perhaps?), or at least his presence be alluded to in conversation (e.g. "You remind me of a green haired boy who passed by here not too long ago" or something to that effect).

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope he get's a Mega stone for his Gardevoir. Also maybe they should make it female, though I guess it's fine. If they add Roserade and Magnezone to the dex he'll be tougher for our final match against him...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love Wally <3 I'd love to see him back, at the very least in the capacity he was in Emerald. And with a better team, with a Mega Gardevoir, more appearance, etc. He was a lot more interesting than the actual rival proper.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I almost forgot about Wally! I'm pretty sure he'll be back though, he played a major part in the original games so why wouldn't he return? Also I wonder if his Gardevoir will end up Mega Evolving, that would be neat.

Years
  • I'd like him to have an expanded role. He just disappears for half the game and gets mentions by NO-ONE (I'm fairly sure it's possible to not find out that he went missing from Verdanturf), and then just shows up at the end of Victory Road with a trained team. Give him some more significance, maybe by having him replace Brendan/May for the second half of the game, once they quit being trainers?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'd like more battles with Wally and May, Hoenn was amazing but the lack of rival battles bothered me. Maybe have some battle post-game with each with buffed up teams and other region Pokemon, I'd also like them to help out against Team Magma/Aqua.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I almost forgot about Wally! I'm pretty sure he'll be back though, he played a major part in the original games so why wouldn't he return? Also I wonder if his Gardevoir will end up Mega Evolving, that would be neat.
    Given Wally will probably be a major NPC of some sort, I don't think his Gardevoir will Mega evolve since it would be considered his staple Pokemon and Diantha already has Mega Gardevoir has a signature. That would be cool, though, but maybe he'll have... Manectric or something time around, or Delcatty will get a Mega Evolution. :B

I want him to be Champion, honestly. I really do. That would leave Wallace to be working a menial job cleaning seaweed off the sea bottom in Sootopolis and Steven as the 'hidden trainer' in Meteor Falls again!

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • He better do something important.
    Though RSE is my favorite Pokemon game, Wally is my least favorite 'rival'. I expected him to do something amazing in Emerald, but no. He still chickens out. I feel as if Steven would have been a better rival.

If it's a remake though, I doooooubt they'll change his character too much. I always felt bad for the poor guy u_u

Years
  • When first playing through RSE, I fell in love with Wally. His character design and background was new to the Pokemon games, and I preferred him over all the rivals that preceded him. Coincidentally, his final team contained all of my favorite Hoenn-native pokemon!

I'm sure he'll be back in the remakes, but his role might not change much. Personally, I hope his story line is of more importance this time around, because I felt like the original games didn't develop his plot at all.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I hope he get's a Mega stone for his Gardevoir. Also maybe they should make it female, though I guess it's fine. If they add Roserade and Magnezone to the dex he'll be tougher for our final match against him...

This; I hope Wally's team is maximized in terms of post-Generation 3 evolutions and Generation 6's Mega Evolutions. It would be nice if Wally could have his plot/development expanded a bit more. Maybe he could even make cameos as a partner and/or opponent in Hoenn Battle Frontier facilities and/or the Trainer Hill (since the "best of the best of Hoenn" typically gather in those areas).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If Wally is back, they should give him a bigger role, seeing as we ourselves supervised him catching a Pokémon. They half-heartedly put him up in Mauville and then he runs back to Verdanturf. While the illness concept is interesting, I would have really appreciated it if he had battled us in Fallarbor, Lavaridge, Fortree, Mosdeep and Sotopolis. Since Brendan/May aren't so competent when it comes to battling (the info in the Match Call proves this).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Wally should get himself a Gallade too. Maybe he evolves his original to a Gallade and get's a female one and evolves her into Gardevoir. He could give us one post game seeing how Ralts was rare in the originals...

Back