• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is worse, waiting in line or waiting on hold???

which is worse???

• Total voters

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
    Waiting in line, it's a real reason why people tend to get frustrated and antsy while staying in there to buy something. Nuff said.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    For me both are boring, but waiting on hold is worst, since Its going to be wasting minutes on my phone, can't talk with anyone, so boring. At least waiting in line I can speak with some other people waiting in line too, conversation will make the wait seem less.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Id say waiting in line. I hate just standing around in a store waiting for something. At least if you're on the phone and you're at home you can sit down to wait.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Waiting in line for sure. Waiting in line are more boring cause you have to just stand there. You can talk to people but that can be awkward for me. So I rather be on hold cause I can walk around at least and sometime they have good on hold music. lol

Years
    Waiting on the phone, because I have to listen to the stupid music they have when you are on hold and the thing is, you can't ignore it because you need to listen out for them! :(​

Years
    Waiting in line for me, cos it gets super boring.

It's even more annoying if there's no rest spot in the area.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Waiting in line. At least if you're on hold, you can usually do other things. Waiting in line is usually limited to playing around on your phone or something, which doesn't really work out since you're so focused on getting out of there.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Waiting on hold is worse, I prefer queuing, its described as my country's national pastime by the way.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Definitely on hold, though it also depends what I'm waiting for in the first place. I don't mind waiting in line because it's more interesting and you can at least witness the progress, but one time the whole line was held up by a lady who wanted a thorough explanation on how to use her product and I was holding heavy stuff and it was really beyond frustrating. But there was also a time where I was on hold with Blizzard for over an hour and then the call just dropped so I had to wait all over again.

Well anyway, in general I find being on hold more frustrating/tedious.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Waiting in line.
    If I'm just on hold, I can wander around the house, go on Facebook, quietly listen to music, etc.

In line I'm stuck standing there with a bunch of strangers. It's a lot more tolerable if I happen to be with friends, though (mostly because we act like idiots and probably irritate other people).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Waiting in line is worse for me because I just have to stand there, doing nothing, until the line moves minutes later.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I don't mind either to be honest. Lines, especially traffic if that counts lol, are relaxing in a way to me. And you never know who you'll meet in a line! Being on hold doesn't happen that often to me, and when it does, I'm right next to a computer, I'll do something until someone picks up.

Back