• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favourite Pokemon Spin-off Game?

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
  • I really enjoy the PMD series. ;; I haven't played the newest one yet but the previous ones made me quite emotional with their endings, haha. Not to mention I think playing as a Pokemon is just a really cool idea. I remember when Red and Blue Rescue Team first came out and I thought being able to play as a Pokemon was the coolest thing to ever happen. And overall I have fond memories of playing the original with friends!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I really liked Colosseum (and XD), and I'm surprised that more people haven't played them. They don't seem to be all that popular, but I really liked the snagging/shadow Pokemon element. I also liked the fact that Colosseum introduced Johto Pokemon again, which weren't accessible at that point post-gen2/gen3 reboot. I'm also a big fan of the Mystery Dungeon series, with the Explorers games being my favorites. And another somewhat underrated game that I like is the TCG game for GB. It's pretty quick to beat, but it's a fun change of place from the other games. I would really like to play the sequel sometime (the one that was only released in Japan), but I haven't looked into how to do that yet (presumably, I would need it translated).

I've never had any interest in the Ranger games, for whatever reason. Pinball was ok, and I played both of those, but wasn't that into them. The Stadium series is great, though frustrating at times when done with rentals (but satisfying to beat, and a lot of fun if importing a team from my main series games). I enjoyed Snap, though I wish it was longer and contained more Pokemon. Puzzle League was also fun, though not as compelling for me as games with more of an RPG plot.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • The Pokemon Colosseum/XD series. I loved the concept of Shadow Pokemon. I wish they would reboot these games or continue on the series.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I agree with Pokemon Colosseum. It was a great storyline and I loved the open world. Great battles, great game...even if never was able to beat the last battle >:(

I also really loved the Explorrs of Darkness! At the time, I was loving Gen IV (still am) and being able to be them was awesome to me! Pikachu (me) and Chimchar rocked!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    My current favorite is Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. I love the graphics a lot.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • My favorite has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Great amount of content and variety of things to do as well as memorable characters and plot. Still waiting for another pmd game that compares.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    My favorite has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Great amount of content and variety of things to do as well as memorable characters and plot. Still waiting for another pmd game that compares.

I've only begun playing Super Mystery Dungeon but so far it looks promising. I like that all the Mystery Dungeon games have a unique plot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish they would consider making a new Range title. Ranger was a pretty interesting series, at least to me, haha.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!, the Japan only sequel of the original Pokemon TCG game for the Gameboy. Took everything great about the original and expanded upon it. I imported the game near-mint in box and I don't regret it one bit.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    My favourite would probably be a tough choice between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. They're all really different so it's hard to choose... I still need to get Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, which might overtake them. We really need more games in Orre though ;~;

Been playing a lot of Pokemon Shuffle and Picross, but I wouldn't call either of them favourites especially because of microtransactions :L

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I would have to say it is a close second between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. The latter one is just so good in my mind that I feel it is the definitive Mystery dungeon game because of its solid plot, it's oodles of missions and stuff like that to do and it's updated Pokemon roster and updated mechanics to include everyone's favorites.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The Mystery Dungeon franchise are my most favorite spinoff series.

Shuffle and Picross were great and alright, but Rumble World is the best Free-To-Start Gen 6 spinoff for me and I wish the game was updated as much as Shuffle.

Pokepark Wii is also my favorite underrated spinoff game too.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The Ranger series! I thought the series to have an interesting concept, and I really enjoyed playing through these games, despite the fact that they aren't that popular in the community. Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky gets a close second, though.

Back