• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon would be the most fun to ride

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hello

I think a lot of Pokemon would be fun to ride. For example Mamoswine:

250px-Ash_Serena_Mamoswine.png

As you can see, the Mamoswine would have to be properly fitted with a saddle in order to be ridden safely. I would think it would be a lot like riding an elephant irl. There are also a lot of water Pokemon that would be fun to ride, if you weren't afraid to get wet. This helpful diagram from an anonymous artist shows how Kingdra could be ridden in a safe and family-friendly way:

idris_riding_a_kingdra_by_josh2468-d4retqf.png

Though it would be scary due to the heights, with the proper security measures riding a Ho-Oh would be a truly unforgettable experience.

tumblr_ljxhc7Fi5Z1qhlhggo1_500.png

I think there are lots of Pokemon that would make bad steeds. Most Ghost types. Well, really all Ghost types. Any small Pokemon. Graveler would probably be fairly uncomfortable. And I don't think Dragalge would make for a very smooth ride.

Which pokemon would you like to ride?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I'm biased, because I ride horses anyway, but I'd say Rapidash. Just the right width for comfort (I feel like Mamoswine would be so wide it'd be uncomfortable after a while), plus speed for quick travel (150mph!). Not sure about that fire mane though. That could hurt? Haha. But, suppose it doesn't burn...I'd vote Rapidash.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Anything that is dragon-like and flies.

I just can't help it. Riding dragons is cool and I love imagining it. Charizard, Reshiram, Lugia, those sorts of things. I especially have a special spot in my heart for riding on Flygon.

Volcarona would also be immensely awesome to ride on. It would look so neat and it would be a fluffy comfortable seat.

Oh and Arcanine! I've been thinking of riding this guy for a long, long time. It's just this big fluffy dog and riding on a dog is something I wish was possible in real life. Since it's a dog as well, it would be much easier to tame and control because of how domesticated they are. It can also use Extremespeed for a very fast ride.

Years
  • Aside from a few already mentioned, if you're in no hurry, then I think it would be great to ride on a Torterra. It'd be nice to lie in the shade under the tree on Torterra's back, and maybe even take a nap while you're there, since you'll be moving at a nice leisurely pace.

8d6abda647999dc38cb1619080a2c0c2.jpg

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Nobody said Arcanine yet?

Imagine, this big, beautiful, somewhat fluffy giant dog that can run really fast.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Aside from a few already mentioned, if you're in no hurry, then I think it would be great to ride on a Torterra. It'd be nice to lie in the shade under the tree on Torterra's back, and maybe even take a nap while you're there, since you'll be moving at a nice leisurely pace.

8d6abda647999dc38cb1619080a2c0c2.jpg

OMG I didn't even think about that. That would truly be the best as you could relax while commuting. Awesome pick.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Certainly not Rhyhorn. I don't know what Game Freak was thinking. Who wants to sit on this thing?
    rhyhorn.gif

I agree that Torterra would be great, and maybe Venasaur as well. Also I'd like to get to school on the back of a Xerneas or Dragonite.

Years
  • My favorite pokemon would be fun to ride : RESHIRAM ok but there others who can be fun too like if you in water Lapras or if you are on land Tauros e.t.c I bet that noone wants to ride Muk lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Nobody said Arcanine yet?

Imagine, this big, beautiful, somewhat fluffy giant dog that can run really fast.

That's what I was thinking! According to his Pokedex entries, he can sustain an average of 260 miles per hour for at least 24 hours. Going Nascar speeds on a huge fluffy dog!?!!? Sounds good to me. :)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • - Gallade
    - Any Pokemon that can fly or levitate as long as they're big enough to carry you. Especially dragon based ones.
    - The legendary beasts due to their speed, jumping ability and Suicune's ability to run on water.
    - Skiddo and Gogoat.
    - Any equine based Pokemon like Rapidash and Zebstrika and also have good speed and jumping ability.
    - Lapras.
    - Onix and Steelix. Because of their height, you'd get a good view of the scenery if you sit on their head.
    - Torterra for the same reason Brendino said.

Years
  • Honestly, I think Rayquaza would be an awesome choice to ride! I am sorry if someone else had said this, but he would make a great ride! Rayquaza is so huge and flexible. If you ride on his head you could hold onto his horns.
    Scizor would also be pretty cool. It is fast, that's about all the reasons why.
    You could ride a Wailord easily. You could probably walk around on his back! And you wouldn't get wet unless he dives under water.

Costa

Pike Queen
    Years
  • I'd get Drifblim to hold a basket and gently float around maybe 20-30 feet up since I low-key have a fear of heights.

Back