• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Unova starter did you choose?

Which Unova starter did you choose?

• Tepig

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Snivy

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Which Unova starter did you choose?

So, after we complete the Delta Episode, we have the opportunity to choose one of the three Unova starters from Professor Birch's bag, much the same way we originally chose a Hoenn starter at the beginning of the game. So which starter did you choose? Tepig, Oshawott, or Snivy?

Years
  • Oshawott, duh.

If anyone knows me, I cannot go without Oshawott if it's obtainable in a game and this was going to be no exception. Mine didn't get an impressive nature but that didn't stop me using him at times.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Even though I got those unova HA starters and I choose grass and fire and fire again. Now I pick Oshawott because the little guy is cuter on battle.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Oshawott, duh.

If anyone knows me, I cannot go without Oshawott if it's obtainable in a game and this was going to be no exception. Mine didn't get an impressive nature but that didn't stop me using him at times.

When I saw that you responded I was like "Hmm...I wonder which one Hika chose?" ;)

I chose Tepig, because it's the only Unova starter I didn't have at the time--I chose Oshawott in Black and Snivy in White 2, so I got a Tepig here to complete the circle ^^

Years
  • Even though I got those unova HA starters and I choose grass and fire and fire again. Now I pick Oshawott because the little guy is cuter on battle.

You have to admit that while Snivy and Tepig have the better hidden abilities, Oshawott still at least wins in the cuteness department. You can't help but resist its adorable Pokemon Amie animations.

When I saw that you responded I was like "Hmm...I wonder which one Hika chose?" ;)

I chose Tepig, because it's the only Unova starter I didn't have at the time--I chose Oshawott in Black and Snivy in White 2, so I got a Tepig here to complete the circle ^^

I do wonder if you expected it before making this thread hahahaha

But it's awesome to see you trying each one out, especially since I rarely hear many choosing Tepig given it's the most hated of the three, but it's not that bad as they think and Tepig itself is adorable.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    You have to admit that while Snivy and Tepig have the better hidden abilities, Oshawott still at least wins in the cuteness department. You can't help but resist its adorable Pokemon Amie animations.

I do wonder if you expected it before making this thread hahahaha

But it's awesome to see you trying each one out, especially since I rarely hear many choosing Tepig given it's the most hated of the three, but it's not that bad as they think and Tepig itself is adorable.

In fact I enjoy it's cuteness on amie so adorable when I rub it Scallop

Years
  • I think I chose Snivy in my main Omega Ruby. Not that it mattered that much since I didn't use it seriously, but it would've been nice if these starters had their HAs, as i've mentioned.

Years
  • Eh... Tepig, I believe; I felt a little sorry for it since I hadn't picked it since the Japanese ROM for Black/White.

Phillip_

Drink to that
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    Tepig was the only one I liked so I picked him. Not too fond of Unova Pokemon really. Least favourite generation.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I... I don't think I've picked one up yet. I've completed the delta episode for sure, but I can't remember picking one up. I should get that Oshawatt that's waiting for me then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    I chose snivy because I love snake type pokemon. It's finally evolution reminded me of my python I use to have when I was younger. Ah, the memories. . .

mjb8910

mjb8910
    Years
  • I chose Tepig, Piplup and Chikorita from Birch. The Chikorita was the only one I lucked out on because it was female. I used the others as trade bait.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Logically speaking, Oshawott would be the optimal choice because it's the only one with a hidden ability that is unnecessary to get the most out of its final evolution(In fact Torrent is pretty much better than Shell Armor for the sets Samurott usually runs)

I chose Tepig anyways because I needed it for my national dex completion since I already had the other two evolutionary lines registered.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I had a hard time choosing between Snivy and Oshawott but finally decided on Oshawott.

Back