• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which version are you getting?

Which version?

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • As we get closer, Shield just seems like the hands down best to get. All my favorites seem to comes from shield. With the leaks, it is a bit annoying that they aren't showing some of the version exclusives which is dumb. So I am hopping, if they don't confirm stuff, that Shield is the one that I wanted and expect.

I know we can trade, but sometimes when you have the most popular version, it becomes more difficult.

I think I have said it before, but I prefer Bea over Allister, so I am hoping in post game, we can face against the version exclusive gym leaders.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As we get closer, Shield just seems like the hands down best to get. All my favorites seem to comes from shield. With the leaks, it is a bit annoying that they aren't showing some of the version exclusives which is dumb. So I am hopping, if they don't confirm stuff, that Shield is the one that I wanted and expect.

I know we can trade, but sometimes when you have the most popular version, it becomes more difficult.

I think I have said it before, but I prefer Bea over Allister, so I am hoping in post game, we can face against the version exclusive gym leaders.

I had a small preference for Sword initially, mostly for Bea and Zacian, but the leaks literally changed my mind. I will be getting Shield.

The trades will be easy with the Global Trade Station.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I tried hard not to follow the leaks, with limited success (I still don't know at least a dozen new Pokémon). Long story short, I saw one I loved and it is Shield exclusive. I was pretty ambivalent before, slightly preferring Sword, but now I've decided it will be Shield.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Leaning towards Sword because I like Sirfetch'd and I'm not a huge fan of Galarian Ponyta, but it's not set in stone. I'll probably wait for more exclusives before deciding.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I've chosen Sword, because I like it's legendary. I want that legendary by my side on my trip in Galar.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
  • I am getting both and playing Sword first while my wife plays Shield. I managed to avoid all but the starter final evo leaks and am quite pleased to have done so since I enjoy not knowing just what in the heck I will run into.

Honestly, I've been decided on getting both since day one since that first trailer made me excited and feel like I was a little kid again getting my first game all over again. No matter how the series changes, I'm always glad to play a new entry in it ^^

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    My fiancée and I are getting both; he's playing Sword while I'm playing Shield. I liked the selection of Pokémon in Shield, even though I prefer the sword doggo.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm going to buying both Sword and Shield. I usually end up getting both anyway, so yeah. But I'll probably play Sword first, then Shield.

Giliforge

haha funnny!!!1!
    Years
  • I was going to get Shield but all my friends are too, so I'll get Sword to trade verion exclusives.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • Since my wife and I are playing together, and she knew nothing and I knew some stuff, I told her that, based on version exclusives, I wanted Sword... but I had to mention Shield had an exclusive pony. And that's all it took to lock us into getting Shield.

Years
  • Did anyone get a different version at the last minute? I was thinking about how I almost wanted Swore because I started liking Bea and Gordie a lot more recently, and really like Zacian haha. ❤️

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I've finally decided on Shield - it's a bit of a downer, because I really like Zacian, but Shield has Allister and Gigantamax Corviknight and easy access to Galarian Ponyta and I can't stress enough Allister, and I'm sure I can learn to love Shield Dog...Although, I've heard rumors around the household I might be getting both for Christmas! We'll have to see...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    I always end up getting both, but initially I'm going to be grabbing Shield.

Back