• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Whitney....

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2017
    One word describes my time while playing heart gold and soul sliver that word is milktank but more importantly Whitney. When you win she's cries, funny snice we all cried snice we tried 10s of 100s of times to beat her, I can proadly say it took me 5 attements to win and when I did oh boy was I angry when she started crying.

Good day.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I can't remember my first reaction to Whitney, but I can tell you it took me a while to beat her. So long in fact it actually drove me to frustration. When I finally beat her, I think I was kind of happy she started crying (I'm not a sadist, honest!). I was probably thinking 'Ha, now it's your turn to cry.'

Years
  • Meh. I had issues the first time in Pokémon Silver version, but after knowing what I was walking into, I planted several kicks to the face of her Miltank. These days though, I rarely find difficulty in the Pokémon games. I have some trouble in some other games but only if I play on the highest difficulty. I wish they upped the difficulty a tab bit more. Since the introduction of abilities, her Miltank is more dangerous, but only if you don't have any female Pokémon at your disposal. Access to some pretty good Pokémon early on like Spinorak prevent being locked into a long drawn out battle if you have Poison use and Fire use along for the ride. Electric types also work well against her. Locking itself into Roll Out actually gives me the chance to set up a two hit.

Years
  • The first two times i played through gen 2 i had some trouble with Whitney's Milktank
    Nowdays however it's not really that hard anymore Just grind until your pokemon is a good enough level and just go for it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I only had issues in the originals. I think if you played the originals, you kind of had a strategy on how to take her down. No doubt that she was just as challenging as she was back then though!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Like everyone else the first few times I battled her I kept losing, but when I finally won, I was satified/thought the hard work paid off because I thought the part where she cried was funny(I was like 10 ok)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I never played GS, so I didn't have prior experience with her when I played HG. But at that point I knew what to expect, growing up hearing everyone complain about her lmao. I was really not charmed when she cried, either. I had though she was fun and cool from what I saw in the anime and the manga but eugh.

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    She's a pain in the ass.

I mean, I had Bayleef then so she isn't that hard, especially when you have PoisonPowder, but the constant Attract + Stomp is a massive pain to deal with. ._.

Oh god, not to mention when she gets super lucky and flinches you multiple turns lmfao

tokyodrift

Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    That's pretty much what happened to me the first time around. .__________.

Can't wait to see what it's like facing her again tbh.

that must have sucked omg i think she did the same to me i got so mad i just was like fuck this and soft reset the game lmfao

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • I don't remember how I dealt with Whitney the first time I played (so long ago...) but in my current run, she was easier due to the Geodude I picked up, just spam super potions until she runs out of milk drinks, an then pounce. Most people don't like stalling, but I will do this against more powerful opponents(Such as Clair's Kingdra, literally did almost nothing but heal my Pokemon while I wasted her Hydro Pump)

Years
  • I remember hearing bad stories about Whitney decimating entire teams, but for me I actually beat her on my first try. The Lum Berry on Miltank can be annoying though.

Back