• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you going to play as?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
  • I'm going to play as the male protagonist since that's what I am. But I wouldn't mind trying to play as the female character. She's adorable and it would be something new to experience (yes I've never played as the female protag).

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • As always, I choose the female trainer, so it actually feels like it's me.
    I don't look at them as their own character or their anime counterpart, just me with a different look every region or such lol

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Girl (since I am one) with my real name, like always. :)

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Will choose male for my character's gender just as I did from previous gens. Same goes with
    the name of course. But since I'm going to play both Sun and Moon, I will choose female for
    Moon so I can see and feel if there's any notable difference. I'm still going to use my male
    name for her tho. :)

Rain

Years
  • I'm going to play as the female character in Sun and the male character in Moon. I'm looking forward to seeing the customization options for both genders.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Female, I am one and .. let's be honnest, buying women clothes in this game is so much fun :3

I do play some games as a male, like Harvets Moon where you have to marry someone and the females NPC are better than the males one usually. But for Pokemon I go with my gender.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I will play as male and will always do so for every future playthrough of SM. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the female protag. I think this is possibly the worst protag out of all the ones we have seen so far honestly. Thanks to her, I'm inclined to think the future of the humans of Pokemon are doomed forever. As a result, SM will the the only game together with BW2 where I will only pick male.

Years
  • I will play as male and will always do so for every future playthrough of SM. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the female protag. I think this is possibly the worst protag out of all the ones we have seen so far honestly. Thanks to her, I'm inclined to think the future of the humans of Pokemon are doomed forever. As a result, SM will the the only game together with BW2 where I will only pick male.

Customization is in this game, so you can at least change the female trainer's appearance if you hate her default design.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Who are you going to play as?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    It's way more fun being a girl in video games, especially when there is customization. Plus, I can't completely let Primarina show me up...though obviously she or he will be put together better than my character either way.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I will be going as a female and using the name I go by in real life, Nikki. It makes the game feel more personal now that we have character customization.

Years
  • I'm going to play as a female even though i'm male because i'm feminine. Plus i'm sure females will get better fashion as usual. I need to look stylish.

Back