• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your Favorite Protagonist (In Design)

Whose Your Favorite Protagonist

• Lucas (DPPt)

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Dawn (DPPt)

• Ethan (HGSS)

• Lyra (HGSS)

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • We had four new and redesigned protagonist for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Let's go down the lists.

Lucas
    Who was your Favorite Protagonist (In Design)

Dawn

Ethan

Lyra

So of these, who did you like the best? Who was your favorite in character design?

What would you change if you could?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Even though I'm a male and I've always played as a male in the games, I'm going to have to saw Dawn's design is my favourite. Simlpy because of her sophisticated style. I found the johto pair to be quite plain and their outfits didn't really make me take them seriously. Lucas came a close second, but his hair was too short and his eyes were the same colour making them blend in instead of stand out.

Years
  • My fave was Dawn, not only cos my username was based on her but I love her hair. She has the best design of the 4th Gen protagonists.

Lyra was alright cos her hair color is similar to mine but she didn't have much going for design. Both of the boys didn't look good in my opinion.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I would have to say Ethan, and Lyra second. While they may be plain, I think plain is best. Ethan and Dawn aren't bad but I just prefer Johto protaganists better.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • My turn! Ethan I loved, he looked hip. I hated Lucas' hat and Dawn is a close second to Ethan. However Lyra, oh Lyra, no one can pull off a hat that gargantuan except Gaga. /rant

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    Lucas looks like some rich kid snob, haha :P

Imma say Ethan. Lyra is all right, but I don't take to her too much. I never really liked Dawn... Ethan seems to be the only one that appeals to me.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I prefer Dawn's design. I actually prefer the other character's former designs, while Dawn's new design looks pretty good. It looks less childish and I prefer this new colour scheme.
    Dia's new outfit is meh. As I said, I prefer his former one, plus I don't like his scarf x)
    Ethan's outfit looks... I can't describe. But those pants, those shoes, they're awful and doesn't suit a teenager. They should have kept Gold's design, or change it a bit but not that way.
    Lyra's. Thoses shoes. Lol. And anyway, I can't get over the fact that they forget Crystal for her, I wanted to see the blue-haired girl again so much ! And, Lyra's design really looks like Mario's, I hope it was made on purpose, otherwise I'm afraid of designers' style tastes.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I chose Lyra, I love her name and her design is cute. Dawn comes close, too. Out of the boys, Ethan's design looks good but Lucas is just okay IMO

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • For me it's Dawn. She looks the best IMO. The Johto pair doesn't look that good, especially Lyra.
    Ethan's decent and looks better than Lucas, because well..Lucas really looks like a rich brat.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Lucas. Ethan looked a bit transvestite-y, with his V-neck and capri, so I'd definitely say Lucas. Lucas had a cool hat, and he looked like a true gentleman. He actually made sense in design, and had an air of simplicity and class.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really like Dawn's design and outfits from all 4th gen characters. It's sweet that she got an outfit change to match the snowy theme of Platinum, and her normal one is just as cute (lol :B). Lyra looks very country fab, but those socks and shoes are a killer. Ethan has to be my second favorite anyway, he has a very simplistic design.

Years
  • Never really cared for Lucas all that much. But I did like the other three, design-wise. I'd probably say Ethan was the best, for pure nostalgic reasons. Lyra's cool, but Kris was better imo.

Back