• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your first? (poll)

Who was your starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I definitely started with a Squirtle in LeafGreen, I remember that much. It was also the first Pokémon I ever reached Level 100 with, though that was after I transferred it to Pokémon Diamond.

I was wondering... if someone's first game was a Mystery Dungeon game,
should the user vote for the pokémon they resulted accordingly to the personality
test or the one they chose as partner?
Oh wait, some of the possibilities aren't core game starters...
Then just reply in the thread! c: You don't have to use the poll.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
As I was more focused on Sega things at the time, I never got any of the handheld Nintendo consoles until the GBA but I didn't get any of the Pokemon games out due to there being so many at once and the prices. I did however get Diamond as it felt like a fresh start and I was pretty hyped for it seeing the starters and trailers and such, I was going to pick Piplup no matter what. xD

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
Years
Started with Gen 1 (because I'm an old hag) and Bulbasaur will forever be my precious toad son. No one can replace him, really (although, I'll admit Snivy came real close to, but no luck!)

Years
Went for Mudkip, since it was my starter of choice in my first Pokemon game, Ruby. Still remains my fave of the Hoenn bunch to this day.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
CENTER]

I started off with a Squirtle card as my first Pok?mon game was the TCG for the GB Colour. I had no idea what I was doing most of the time, haha, but still had fun regardless.

If we're talking main games, that's likely Chikorita in Silver Version. I restarted so many freaking times though, including the first ever run of it, because I couldn't figure out how to get out of the house and figured I must have done something wrong. I was a derpy kid at times, haha.

Years
250px-Tierno_Squirtle.png

This cutie! ...At least I'm sure it was lol. Might've been Bulbasaur, but I vaguely remember choosing Squirtle to fit with Blue's cover box. <3 And although I'm still not a huge Blastoise fan, Squirtle and Wartortle remain some of my favorites ever.

Years
First starter was probably <s>Pikachu</s> Charmander. Really liked the whole, fire breathing dragon concept when I was younger.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Started with Pearl, didn't have a clue on what would work so I went with the one I though looked coolest and Piplup it was.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
My first Pokemon game is Pokemon Red, and my first Pokemon ever is Charmander. Still one of my favorite Pokemon today.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 30, 2017
Cyndaquil on my Silver version. I named him Moomoo. Why did I name him that? No idea. This was before I knew about the Miltank farm too, by the way.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Cyndaquil on my Silver version. I named him Moomoo. Why did I name him that? No idea. This was before I knew about the Miltank farm too, by the way.
Don't worry I've long since given up trying to puzzle through the logic of why I pick nonsensical nicknames.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I started with Squirtle in Red back in August of 1999. To this day, Squirtle is still my favorite starter, and Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon. Given the opportunity, I pretty much always use a Blastoise on my team.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
Bulbasaur. Leafgreen was my first game and I chose bulbasaur because its name is 'LeafGreen'. And if Pokemon Go is included(I don't play anymore)... hmm, still Bulbasaur. Well, I thought it's cute.

Last edited:
Back