• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why can't I hold all these games?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    How do you display your games? Do you keep the packaging they come in and put them on a shelf when you aren't playing them or do you put them in a cd case or? What do you do for your handheld games? Do you have any special containers? What about for oldschool stuff like the NES, SNES, Atari, Intellivison, etc.?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    ...I don't. XD Sadly, I've always been very careless. It's usually because I forget to put them back in their cases when I'm done. I've always had a habit of also losing these games and having them not play Fuck you, ADHD omg. I do have one game that doesn't play anymore. It's Tales of Vesperia. I don't want to get rid of it because Troy Baker signed it when I saw him at my anime convention. I do try to take really good care of this one too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

They just go on the shelves. No special containers; just the game case they came in. Though the games have been sitting in the same spots on the shelf for so long that they sorta became their own order. Always put em back in the same spots lol

pkmin3033

Console games go on a shelf in their cases...well, two shelves, and I'm rapidly running out of room. I also keep PS Vita games in their cases on the same shelves, because the cards are terrifyingly thin. I have slip cases for my DS/3DS games...I need a new one of those as well, I'm doubling up in the pouches and it's making the whole thing bulk really awkwardly. The cases for those I keep in a drawer underneath my bed~

Nothing fancy. It's just more convenient to keep console games in their cases and handheld games out of them, because I usually play my handhelds downstairs.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have my console games on a DVD rack and my handheld games in my bookcase. I would love to have a full-size media storage shelf that would fit all of them, but I don't have anywhere to put one right now. It sucks though because my DVD rack is getting close to being full (after how many years of gaming? Go figure) and pretty soon I'm going to have to get creative.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So I have the "tower" for the GCN, Wii, PS3, Wii U, and 360 games. But I have run out of room on it!! I'm switching to my pretty shelf when I move out. My DS and 3DS games have their own area in my nightstand along with my figurines which looks nice except...I'm running out of room there too. My GBA boxes and games all go in a drawer with all my handhelds and other accessories (eReader, extra controllers, chargers, etc). I used to put my N64 games in that drawer too but, of course, out of room in there like everything else I used to display/store my games. They're all over at my bf's house in a box currently, but before I took them over there, they were all on my shelf.

Once I move out, I plan to have everything organized on my nice shelf. It just depends on how I end up situating my consoles. Not everything is gonna go in my bedroom so whatever consoles are in my bedroom, the games for it will be in there. Whatever is in the living room or wherever will be in a shelf in there. Displaying nicely, I might add. Can't wait to get the ball rolling on decorating shelves and displaying all my collectibles and such. n__n

Years
    Mine go on shelves I bought specifically for the purpose of storing them. I'm pretty sure they all currently fit, though just barely.

I also have a pair of racks of sorts that I mounted inside my closet door to store my single-DVD width game cases, and those manage to hold most of my console games between them (with a capacity of 30 apiece).

I really don't have the space to store them any other way.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My dad built me a bookshelf-kinda-thing specifically for them about 4 years ago; it's now referred to as a game-shelf, if that's a thing.

5 rows, 26 modern game cases fit on each (originally only planned to be 25, but hey, I'm not complaining).
    I keep them in alphabetical order, by system. Save for the top shelf which is more for my "favorites," it's still organized alphabetically and by system as well, but it's more focused on holding the things I'm prone to grabbing the most. My Resident Evil collection, for example, goes up there, lol. And this drives my boyfriend nuts when he has to put one back.
    Nothing else special. No fancy cases, just the ones they came in.

Though it's quite full, haha. I have piles of disc cases, shoeboxes of N64 games, and weird Gameboy game cases lying around my closet because they don't all fit on it or in it. The only systems' games that I'm 'displaying' are Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, 360, Wii U, DS, and 3DS games.. and the few PS1 and Xbox games I got for my PS2 and 360. Everything else is in my closet, and even some games from those systems are stuffed in there, too.

I mentioned to my dad that I'm gonna need a bigger one soon, and he was dumbfounded that I even have 100 games to put on it. Across the 7 systems whose games even fit on it in the first place. :pink_confused:

At least my PC games are digital. I just don't have the space, lol.

Years
    Aside from the games I have littered around my desk because I plan on playing them or just have never put them away yet: I have a cabinet that pretty much all my current games (and movies, for that matter, it's not just a gaming cabinet) go into. They fit really nicely into there, even if they are haphazardly placed at times. Seriously, the top shelf is all nice and ordered, while the shelves below are basically games thrown in just because I was trying to clean and wanted them "put away". They always stay in their packaging because I don't see the need to transfer the discs to anywhere else (even if some of my cases are getting really old and cracked, looking at you some of my playstation games).

Now, I still also have some gameboy and gba games. Those have long since lost their packaging, although I wouldn't have kept them in those anyway. I keep those games in some random plastic container I was given years ago, which...sits on the cabinet. Or in the cabinet. I can't check right now, but it's definitely in the vicinity of said cabinet. Or at least it better be!

Yukari

To be honest I don't keep all my games in one place. Some of them are in the draws of our computer desk, some of them are on the shelf in my room, some of them are in the box beside my couch, so... They're just about everywhere, And not really "displayed." I do keep the packaging that my games come in though, but most of my handheld games I keep in a case I have. That way I know where most of them are and it's easier to carry them around.

Years
    Super NES, Genesis (if I had multiple games), and N64 games end up on a shelf stacked in alphabetical order. GCN games are in alphabetical order in their original keep cases.

I currently store Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games in an old cardboard box.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I keep everything in its original packaging since DS games started coming in their own little cases. I have an old bookcase that became too small to hold all of my books so I made it into my little media shelf and I keep all of my PS2, PS3, PSP, GameCube, Wii, DS, and 3DS games lined up on it. I have a Sony shelf, a Nintendo shelf, and then I have a bag with all of my GameBoy Color/Advance cartridges on the bottom shelf with my GBC, 2 GBAs, GBA SP, trading cables/charging cable, and other misc old school stuff.

I keep it pretty damn organized with all of my games sorted alphabetically and by system, with the actual systems on top of the shelf. Maybe I'll post a pic later on lol.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    CDs and Cdroms mostly I store them without the casing, but game CDS that are worthy value or just CDS mostly put on a cd case. I remember I usually attach DS games into the system and GBA as well

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have all of my xbox 360 games stacked up in their cases on a bookshelf in my room. I have all of my SNES games in a little tote along with my N64 games. My psx and ps2 games are all in cd and dvd cases and then I have about 20 or 30 stacked up in their cases on the bookshelf with my 360 games. Gamecube games are in a little game case. My gbc and gba games are all in a drawer by my bed and my ds games are either in their cases or in a club nintendo carrying case in the drawer by my bed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I usually keep all my disc-based games in their cases. My 3DS and Vita games I just have them as cards by themselves outside of the original box, although I do store them in game card cases. As for digital games, I have as 16GB card in my 3DS and a 8GB in my Vita.

Years
    With my 3DS games, I usually use these square boxes that can hold 15 (3)DS games and an SD card. But sometimes some of the slots won't hold any game, and that does get cumbersome on occasion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Although I personally prefer physical copies over digital, as we could trade former into certain stores for money or credits, I'm currently owning more quantity of latter, because almost every time I finish playing through a physical game, I... wind up trading them in. Haha. Though, there is a reason as to why I do this--it's so that I'd be able to save some cash on my next purchase.

As to where I put all of my CDs, cartridges, and so forth, usually, they are all kept in a drawer. There used to be a TV stand of mine at my home, where I'm currently not residing, and from time to time, I'd also find myself leaving a few games there for easy access and whatnot, since that's where I would keep my consoles.

I don't keep my games sorted, unfortunately, as I usually wind up messing the order after a few days. Wish I were able to put more effort on this!

Back