• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is that your avatar/signature?

Years
    I browse many threads daily on PC, and the first thing that would capture my attention at times wouldn't be the content of a member's post, but their avatar and/or what's in their signature.

Whether it be a theme, some text, a trend, a lyrical ballad or a meme; when it's in your space, I will want to know the following...why is it there?

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    This character has a personality which is really similar to my ideal one. And that line under it is my motto, the one I try to follow when possible.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Avvy : I'm in the Crystal thingy, soon to be out so I can complete my theme with a matching sig + Avvy

Sig: It's a new theme I'm working on full of my art. x3

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My theme is of my new OC, Kinarii, and it was done to keep consistency with my themes/profiles on other sites (Twitter and deviantART). Plus I'm proud of the piece, and I have a tendency to reuse a work all over the place if I really like how it turned out.

Years
    Those are interesting reasons, guys. I'm glad I made this thread after all. :D

There are a few things I try to keep as consistent as possible. That I make the images in my signature, I keep it free of anything that might not be as important and the key element of my avatar and signature: I keep the focus on my character.

She is my portrayal and I've stuck with her as my character for almost three years now, I also find that she is the best representation of my personality, so I try to keep her in every theme I end up changing into, and to do that I would draw her time and time again and exercise my drawing skills in the process; if I ever draw something I particularly like, then I'd make a theme set out of it, which is what I've done for this theme and others before that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    This is a temp signature. Basically, one of my favorite hotels (which served me well on three different occasions) is no longer listed on the chain's web site, and I took the news pretty hard, harder than I took the loss of a family member. Because that hotel was a part of my family. I'm paying homage to a hotel whose life ended too soon (though it may re-emerge as part of a different chain, it just won't be the same:/ )

Normally, I would have a cute anime girl there, because I like cute things.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    My avatar or signature is usually of what I'm currently playing, which is true this time as well. ;D My signature is of Odessa from Suikoden, and the avatar is of Jillia from Suikoden II.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My avatar is one of my recently claimed bishies/favorite characters. I really need to make a signature, though. :<

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years

Siggy: I just put a bunch of random stuff there. I'm going to change it once I get the chance...I'm thinking of a theme but I don't know what yet. Maybe Fullmoon? Takuto is like my favorite character...but I also really like Madoka. If I used Madoka I could embrace my slightly less innocent personality (what?) but Takuto is just too cute...

Decisions, decisions.

I really am working on a theme, though ^^;

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
    My avatar is Raistlin Majere, arguably the most popular character from the Dragonlance books. He also happens to be my favourite fictional character of all time :3

My signature is an excerpt from The Dark Lady Sonnets by William Shakespeare. Not only do I find it beautiful and intriguing, but also, the title. "The Dark Lady Sonnets." In Dragonlance, there is a general of a dragonarmy known as The Dark Lady.
    All of this relates back to my passion for reading.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Welllll, my current theme features Lyn-Z from the band Mindless Self Indulgence because she's that awesome. XD; Honestly, though, I don't really have a reason for why I picked her.

The lyrics in my signature are from Do You Feel by The Rocket Summer. They're my favorite lyrics at the moment. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, it's because I'm too lazy to make one of any of my own characters.

Signatures always struck me as rather pointless, so instead of trying to come up with something for them, I thought I'd just not have one.

Last edited:

Vie

Years
    It changes with the mood I'm in...sometimes it lasts for weeks, sometimes a few days. =]

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Avatar: A picture of a guy I found who I think is super gorgeous, I'd like a boyfriend who looks like that. =p

Signature:
    For the picture - Just a picture I found, I think it's so cute. "You make me wanna draw those stupid little hearts."

For the text - Many people on here think it's emo, I could care less, I'm not emo at all, but I love what I have there, plus I love how all the different fonts look together. Text from my signature is always from lyrics or stuff I make up.

Back