• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will power

Lucid

Do you have it? Or a good handle on it? How good are you at avoiding temptation? No matter if it's food, sex, drugs, bad purchases?

Sirfetch’d

I have the willpower to avoid nearly any temptation. HOWEVER, food is my weakness. I will almost always give in to the temptation of the based food gods.

Years
  • Pretty much all of those I can avoid the temptation...usually. And by "usually" I mean that whoops I thought this thing I found in the store was a bit too cool I am buying it this time around and no one can stop me.

...All bets are off when it comes to food, though. I keep trying to strengthen my willpower when it comes to that, and then I end up buying a snack that I like (guess that ties into the "made a purchase I shouldn't have, eh heh") and yep all willpower suddenly gone. Well crap.

Sirfetch’d

...All bets are off when it comes to food, though. I keep trying to strengthen my willpower when it comes to that, and then I end up buying a snack that I like (guess that ties into the "made a purchase I shouldn't have, eh heh") and yep all willpower suddenly gone. Well crap.

Idk about you but the check out isles at stores is the worst place that this happens to me :(

Years
  • When I need to be serious about something/exert self control/have willpower I have no problems doing so, but if it's a low stakes kind of thing like order take-out again, lol forget it I want pizza. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
  • I'm deciding whether or not I should give into the temptation to order pizza hut tonight.

I'm only slightly winning, but that's only because pizza hut puts a dent in my wallet just for two medium pizzas. ಠ_ಠ
    This is where I'm glad I have a check to that particular temptation, eh heh. Since I refuse to order for delivery since the pizza places here are not even 10 minutes away at most by foot, I'll always do carryout. So the thing to ask with a pizza craving is: "do I feel like walking up there to get any pizzas of mine?"

The answer is usually no, I do not. Temptation dissolved because I am lazy, and money is saved. :')

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • I have no willpower whatsoever. This might stem from a serious condition of apathy and inability to self-motivate. Whatever the case, my instinctual urges take precedence over common sense every time.

I like to think of it as "you only get one life, so you might as well enjoy it". but really that's just what I tell myself in attempts at consolation

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I have a very strong willpower when it comes to work, food, or buying stuff. However, my real struggle is with video games. I will procrastinate all day long on video games, and only when I feel like I've absolutely wasted my entire day will I spend the last two hours doing something productive.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Willpower is like a muscle and I work it out like a scrawny fifteen year old who got his first set of weights aka

god damn I suck but I'm improving.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Will power

sorry had to

Ahem. It really depends on the situation and what is it about. For most of time I have control over it. :)

Outlier

I have little to no willpower. Procrastinating and binge-eating are my only vices really. If it becomes too much I try to avoid procrastinating by signing out of accounts or anything that will distract me. When it comes to food it's a lot harder because eating is something you have to do and I have quite the sweet tooth.

Back