• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you date [fill in the blank]?

Years
  • Hope no one minds if I continue on this trend of threads. How about a bunch of different options?

So then, would you date...

• Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)

• Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.)

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)

• Someone with HIV?

• Someone who is bipolar?

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.) Yes, aslong as they don't cram it down my throat.

• Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.) Yes.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.) No.

• Someone with HIV? Yes, No sexy time though.

• Someone who is bipolar? Yes.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)
    Yes, but not if it's something that is going to pull us apart. I mentioned in another thread that I know of two people that are dating and the guy's parents are basically insane and pulled their son out of school because his girlfriend is in a different denomination of Christianity. I'm not dealing with that, especially when it's gonna rip your family apart. I'm watching it live and in action, and it's not for me. I can respect my boyfriend having a different religion than I do, as long as it's not being forced on me and we can just live happily and in harmony. In fact, I'd love to be with a Jewish man. I find Jewish holidays interesting and Jewish weddings seem really cool...I've basically always thought the Jewish faith was neat since I was a kid, haha. They made a Jewish-Christian family work in Rugrats, we can do this irl.

Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.)
    I like older men, but not that much older. I'm generally not attracted to guys that are that much older than me, but I wouldn't oppose myself if I ended up falling for them. That's really unlikely though, so I might as well just say no. lol

Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Yes. We're just not gonna talk about that stuff, haha. Respect me, I'll respect you.

Someone with HIV?
    Yeah. Probably not gonna have sex anyway since I'm generally not interested in that, but the precautions would be extreme in this case, wouldn't they? I would be scared, I'll be honest.

I thought about this more, and I am going to have to change it to no, or more of an in the middle type of answer. While I would want someone to be honest with me about this type of thing (I mean, it's dangerous and important), I don't think I could date someone knowing beforehand that they're HIV positive. If I were to find out after we had already started dating, I'd probably still try to make it work somehow. Again, I'm not really much into sex, but it's still...you know. It doesn't have to be sexually transmitted, cause there's other ways, like blood. And that's...just scary. I hope I've made sense.

Someone who is bipolar?
    Sure. I have anxiety and nervous conditions though, so I would worry about them a lot and that would be stressful. But I have dated someone with schizophrenia before, so I am capable of handling someone with a disorder. I have my own anyway. It's all gonna be okay.

Let me add one, if you don't mind:

Would you date someone online/someone you met online?
    Yes. If anyone knows me well, they know I have no problem with this, haha.

Last edited:

OmegaTL

Time Lord
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I don't care about relationships/dating but if I did...

Not sure, I'd rather date another atheist but provided they don't annoy me with it and try to convert me, why not?

No. Feels wrong.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Sure I guess, I don't really give a damn about politics.

• Someone with HIV?

Yes, I'm not at all interested in sex anyway.

Yes.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    As long as they didn't try to convert me.

No. At this point I'd only go six years older than me at the very, very most.

Depends on how much they differentiate. If a lot, then no way.

• Someone with HIV?
    Yes, no sex though.

Yeah, but I wouldn't help getting concerned about them sometimes.

Sirfetch’d

Yes. I have done this before and it isn't an issue for me at all in a relationship. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not religious at all, but if others are I respect it and have no problem being around people who are and want to express it. As long as it isn't being blatantly shoved down my throat I'd be 100% ok with this.

I would have to be extremely emotionally and physically attracted to the person to do so. I don't mind dating someone older, but 10 years is really a big gap and I would have to take this into deep consideration. So I'll give this an answer of unlikely because I cannot answer a definite yes or no.

Yes. My parents have different political views and they get along just fine, so I don't see this as a huge issue at all.

• Someone with HIV?

Yes. Sex isn't everything in a relationship for me so if I was in love with someone I would not let this be a deal breaker.

Yes. Like Syd, I have anxiety disorders as well so I would be able to relate to the person. I would not want something like this that can be worked around to be a deal breaker for a relationship for me.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • Dating? Blech. But to go along with the thread:
    Different religious beliefs: Yes. It'd be pretty tough if it was a proud atheist, because they'd probably be stuffing it down my throat.

Significant age difference: Ew no. At my age anyone significantly older than me is most likely a molester, and anyone significantly younger than me is learning division.

Different views: Sure. I love arguing XD

HIV: Dapuf is HIV?

Bipolar:...why wouldn't I? Assuming I was interested in dating, I see no reason why not.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • So then, would you date...

• Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.)well of course lol

Yes will gladly date someone like that
    no....just no.
    • Someone with HIV?
    NO! I know you can only get the STD from sex but NO! I wont EVER date anyone who was nasty enought to have sex with differnet nasty people. no thank you.

I would as I have a hint of it myself lol

@sandshrew
    HIV is a deadly STD. nuff said

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Someone with different religious beliefs?
    I'm not a religious person, so I would be more than willing to date someone who is.

Someone who is significantly older than you?
    No. I generally would want to be the older one in the relationship, and dating someone 10 years younger than me would mean I was dating an 11 year old. Dating a 31 year old would make me feel like she would be old enough to be my mom, so I wouldn't want to do that either. I'm usually only interested in, at most, a three year age gap.

Someone with different political beliefs from you?
    I don't think that would be something that would matter much to me.

Someone with HIV?
    If I don't know until we get to the point where we started discussing having sex, yeah, I would. But if I knew ahead of time, eventually I would want to have sex with this person, and having HIV would make me very, very opposed to doing that. I don't want to be put into a situation where I am afraid to make love to my partner, and knowing someone had HIV would do that to me.

Someone who is bipolar?
    No. Assuming I know ahead of time, I wouldn't. My dad is bipolar (well, I think he is, at least) and he is the most frustrating person in my life. I wouldn't want to date someone who is like that, or worse.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • @xseed STD? Lemme look it up...MY EYES! If, especially at age 15, someone would have been mindless enough to do...that...then no way. If it was against their will, then I guess I'd be ok with it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Of course I would. I really don't mind what religious beliefs you have.

10 years older? puh-lease. I'll even admit that I would go out with someone 20 years older.

I don't mind this either, but I can only imagine that an argument will ensue.

• Someone with HIV?
    No, just no. I have terrible OCD and if I found out I was going out with someone who has HIV, It'd kick into overdrive. sorry.

I really don't know if I would, or wouldn't. Can't really give an honest answer for this.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
    Years
  • I haven't been in a relationship just yet, but i'm just gonna go with it...
    • Someone with different religious beliefs: Yes, as long as it isn't crammed down my throat. I honestly don't care about other peoples beliefs, as long as they don't argue about it

• Someone who is significantly older than you: No. It just feels wrong. I prefer to hang out with people my own age and I tend to avoid older people (because...people)
    Spoiler:

•Someone with different political beliefs: Yes, I haven't a clue about polotics, so it doesn't matter. Except for what's going on with Obama.

•Someone with HIV: Eh...no. Sorry. I know it only spreads through "the special hug" but still... It just doesn't feel right

Someone who is bipolar: Yes, I hate it. SEE? Anyway, as long as it isn't as frustrating as my Beldum solo challenge (that was a nightmare). Other than that, there's nothing wrong with being bipolar. I hate being bipolar, it's awesome!

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Of course. As long as they're not extremist, I don't mind and I'd support them whatever their religion is.

Depends. Right now (at 19), I don't think I would. We'd be at totally different points in our life. If I was 30, and he was 40, more than likely.

Yes!

• Someone with HIV?
    Nope.

Probably not.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    Depends on how devout they are. If they're preachy and overzealous then I wouldn't even consider it, but if they're cool about it then I'd be down for it. The bigger question is would a seriously religious person even glance in my direction? Being an agnostic who was raised Catholic could churn the waters quite a bit.

Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.)
    If they've got their life together, sure. Chances are I've got more baggage than they do, what with the kid and all. If the tables were turned and I was 30 wondering if I'd date a 20 year old, then I just plain wouldn't.

Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.)
    Eeehhhhhhhh...If I had to choose I'd prefer someone with opposite views and the same level of activeness because then the issue would rarely come up. The conversational taboos are sex, religion, and politics, after all. And for good reasons.

Someone with HIV?
    If I didn't have a kid then I would, but my daughter's safety is my top priority in life so I wouldn't risk it at all if I had the opportunity not to. It's a very small chance that the person could infect her, but I can completely wipe that chance away by not getting close to that person.

Someone who is bipolar?
    No. I don't have the emotional stamina for it and, once again, I must think of who I let around my daughter. I already keep her away from my brother because he's bipolar, so not dating a bipolar person is easy by comparison.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • OK disregarding the fact that I'm in a happy relationship I
    ll try these..

If they respect mine and we take turns or whatever going to each others' events/ churches, etc, then sure why not? I don't make religion the biggest point but I don't think I could date an extremist.
    • Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.) Eh.. depends on what stages of life we are both at, really.

Uh.. I don't even follow politics but I'd prefer to have the same wavelengths as someone regarding the hot topics.

• Someone with HIV? No

No, I would have no patience, get stressed, and I think we would clash too much.

Years
  • This is just getting ridiculous, but I'll answer anyways just for the sake of contributing.

• Someone with different religious beliefs? (Christian and Muslim, Atheist and Christian, Catholic and Mormon, etc.) It depends. It could be a deal breaker if either of our parents object to this or my girlfriend really becomes a ***** about it.

• Someone who is significantly older than you? (Maybe 10 years older.) I don't know if I'll ever be attracted to someone who is 10+ years older than I am, it's more of a built in deal breaker. On the other hand, dating an 8 year old would just be weird in every sense of the world.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you (Liberal and conservative, non-political and very political, etc.) I don't care about political beliefs in general, so this is not a deal breaker for me.

• Someone with HIV? I'd be scared of the prospect of getting infected, so unfortunately, no.

• Someone who is bipolar? I'm not sure it's worth going through all the trouble, so probably no.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Nope. Just nope for all of the above lol.

Same here.
    My religion frowns upon dating people with other faiths, I would prefer my partner to be my age or younger, I'm not really too into politics and I wouldn't date someone who has those last two conditions...

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • • Someone with different religious beliefs?

Yeah, sure. No worries for me.

• Someone who is significantly older than you?

They say age doesn't matter, but it does to me. So no.

• Someone with different political beliefs from you

I don't really care about this, no big deal.

• Someone with HIV?

NO.

NO.

But maybe, non of the above at all.

Back