• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you, for a $1.Billion...

Would you spend a year in space for a billion dollars.

• Yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    spend a year in space?

It's a tough one. Spending 365 days in space and no contact to you friends and family, you would be aloud to have some form of entertainment, like books, magazines, etc.

So not seeing you family would be a disadvantage.

But if you spend all 365 days you'll get a billion. You could give a bit to your family and friends and still have a lot and your life would be sorted.

Tough one lol. This is a nice, hypothetical question that should make you ponder for a bit lol.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    No no no - the very thought terrifies me, I'd spend a year paralysed with fear and come back either grey or bald - what's the point of being a billionaire if you stressed yourself out of having hair? I'll just find my own way to make a billion dollars lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    If I had enough books or a TV with a bunch of shows that I can watch, I would. It's worth it XD /ornot

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    uuggh. this is so hard. i might but would we be aloud internet? a whole year... i will vote on this later.\

(sorry for my no caps or rather the lack of it. i just rode in a car for like 4 hours. -_-)

Years
    I'd do it for free. I'd even pay to do it.

I'm assuming that by no contact you mean no face to face contacts. If I couldn't even contact the Earth over video then I might reconsider. That could get lonely relying entirely on yourself for entertainment. But I'm sure I could find plenty to do to keep myself amused and entertained. I bet I'd pick up photography, for starters. Imagine the view of looking at a thunderstorm from miles and miles above.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I wouldn't. It's also the friends thing, since it'll be hard to keep in contact with anyone in space. Also, wouldn't it get incredibly boring up there someday? I love my family, and I can't think of a situation where I would be without them.

Plus, what in the world am I going to do with a billion dollars? Buy all the sheet music in the world?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I would do it for nothing at all so long as the comforts were provided at least. I would definitely do it for a billion dollars on my return. I don't believe I'd go crazy, I'd find some way to stay entertained.

Years
    If I was completely alone, I probably wouldn't, although it'd be really tough to decline. I'd love to be in space, but I can't stay completely alone, even for a billion dollars. I'm mostly a loner but I need someone or I'll go nuts. (I'm so distracted by OMGSPACETRAVEL I forget there's money involved. @_@)

If there were other people with me, just complete strangers, then hell yeah, I'd totally go. I could go into space and get paid for it! And then get angsty after 3 days because I'm not at home, lol. I get homesick easily. But spaaaaaace!

Ayselipera

Completely worth it. If I had a billion dollars I could do everything I've ever wanted to do in life with very few worries. A year of time is both something and nothing at the same time depending on what it's being held against. For a billion dollars a year is literally nothing to me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    NO NO NO!

1. I'm NEVER EVER going to leave my dog alone at home with my 3 evil sisters for a year.
    2. I'll never be able to live without my friends for 365/ 366 days.
    3. There's always a risk of not being able to return. D:

Years
    Easy choice, I'd choose to go up in space for a year. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the lack of contact - it's only for a year and in return you don't have to work a day in your life (honestly, the more money you have the easier it is to make money through financial investment stuff).

Seriously, a billion dollars would mean I'd be able to build a home studio (and a home!) and record music, start a record store, hold a music festival with all my favourite bands.. it'd be amazing. I'd also be able to donate a large chunk of it to the RSPCA and stop puppy farms and other bad things that happen to animals and travel the world as well.

While in space I could write and listen to music, I'd have all the time in the world (or in space to be more accurate XD) to read books and write stories. It'd be exciting.

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
    One word: NO.
    I would feel way too lonely and isolated.
    That just seems like too much for a billion dollars, regardless if you survived or not. :/

Edit: By "survived", I meant mentally.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    To be honest, I've always wanted to go into space to see the stars and planets, but having to do it for 1 year for a billion dollars is too extreme for my tastes.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Haha I'm amazed that people wouldn't. One year in space and you're completely set for life! And consider this; in space. Who gets to go into space? Hardly anyone. Who would love the chance? Millions of people. And you're being paid to do it, too! I can't see a downside here at all. I'd certainly do it for a billion dollars. Hell, I'd do it for much, much less than that!

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I'd love to, but I think I'd be going crazy. I mean, I hate spending time alone.
    The money seems tempting though, but I don't think I'd be able to come back sane, or even alive for that matter.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I guess I could go for it, probably because I always wanted to try out astronaut food. xD

But I'll agree with some of you, it makes you ponder about not having contact with your friends and family for a full year. It's tough. I'll probably go crazy since there won't be internet or anything fun to do rather than read xD

Back