• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see a Mega Pikachu?

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
Years
  • I rather Raichu get a Mega. It can be Electric/Fighting for Stab Focus Blast. Plus a Fighting Electric Kangaroo rat is an awesome concept.

True! Also i see Fighting fit for Pikachu because in the Anime he uses PHYSICAL attacks all the time (bodycheck...and so on i dont know the english names, i mean he hits his opponent with his BODY!)
    so Electro Fight would be insane good imho

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Would you like to see a Mega Pikachu?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Yes, because as the series mascot, you're expected to be a high-tier character. Just look at Ryu as an example.

Years
  • In general, it's not a final stage evolution, so it's not that likely. It would just be an alternative evolution to Raichu, and they'd probably hope to balance it out with that. At the present point, that wouldn't make it particularly strong compared to Raichu. It might also trivialise the whole evolution sub-plot around Pikachu, where it's supposed to make things slightly difficult generically and not evolve. While a possibility, it might not be a priority. In addition, if a person has a Pikachu, they'd probably hope that this player kept on using a Pikachu, rather than having to change forms continually, which could trivialise a fairly important Pokémon generally.

Yes, because as the series mascot, you're expected to be a high-tier character. Just look at Ryu as an example.
    Pikachu is a mascot in part because it's a character more notable for its appearance and such than being an easy mode in battle. A Tyranitar or Scizor, for instance, are quite different, and in addition would somewhat trivialise a game like Yellow or make it less significant-seeming.

In general, they probably don't want to change Pikachu's role as a mascot too much by now, given that it's mostly based on things that have already happened earlier on, when the series was better known.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The problem is if Raichu get a mega, pikachu is really nothing more than a mascot.
    90 base speed, it is not that good since maybe gen 4, if u dont outspeed, pikachu die, if u dont OHKO, pikachu die.

It's already nothing more than a mascot. That's it's whole job really.

I mean I don't hear much about people actually using Pikachu competitively, light ball or no light ball.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    It's already nothing more than a mascot. That's it's whole job really.

I mean I don't hear much about people actually using Pikachu competitively, light ball or no light ball.

You are wrong, pikachu at level 100 with light ball, resolve the bonus into attack, sp. atk base stat its like 160 150.

Years
  • First of all, giving Pikachu a mega evolution would ruin it's already nostalgic design that it has come to have. Secondly, it wouldn't make sense to give a middle stage pokemon( Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu) a mega. Raichu would make more sense to have a mega, although I cannot see what it's design can change to, it could have some improvement in stats.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • Personally, I would like to see no more megas at all. Buuuut, seeing a how pikachu is the series mascot and all, I think it will eventually get one if they don't abandon the idea. Mega evolution seems to unlock the latent or "dormant" power within pokemon and can only be activated with high friendship or trust with said pokemon and in my opinion, pikachu embodies all of that and more. He will be a special case for mega evolution if it happens.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I would very much enjoy Super Saiyan Pikachu.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Yes, because Raichu needs even less of reason to be used over its pre-evolution. :rolleyes2:

Seriously, can't poor Raichu finally get something for a change? I'd love to see a Mega Raichu, especially if its Electric/Fairy or Electric/Fighting. Pikachu already has the Light Ball as its "Mega Stone." It doesn't need anything else, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Yes, because Raichu needs even less of reason to be used over its pre-evolution. :rolleyes2:

Seriously, can't poor Raichu finally get something for a change? I'd love to see a Mega Raichu, especially if its Electric/Fairy or Electric/Fighting. Pikachu already has the Light Ball as its "Mega Stone." It doesn't need anything else, IMO.

I have more no to mega raichu being fairy than having mega pikachu.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Lolnope, it aint worth it. Just for being the mascot of the series... it's evo deserves a mega like way more. Like waaaaaay more.

Avablitz

Guardian of the Ruins
    Years
  • If the line would be to get a mega, it would be Raichu. Only final evos can get a mega, I'm pretty sure of it. They even mention it in the anime with Professor Sycamore stating some Pokemon have the ability to evolve FURTHER. And with Pikachu as a middle stage, it's pretty unlikely.

Plus so many other Pokemon deserve a Mega more! (Mega Golurk for the win)!

Back