• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you play Russian Roulette?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Suppose someone came over to you and offered you £40,000/US $62,600/AUS $84,700/€56,400 with one tiny string attached. A revolver, five chambers empty, one chamber loaded, spun entirely at random.

In order to take that money, you must simply fire one of those chambers into the temple of your skull. You could go home with a tidy sum. Or you might never go home again.

Would you do it? Consider what the money could do for you, and well, consider the risk!

ADDITION: If the answer is no, but there would be a point where you'd reconsider, what would that be?

Last edited:
    Years
    Nope; I wouldn't say I'm so desperate for money as to put my life on the line for it, because you can always earn money, but you can't come back to life.

Sirfetch’d

$62,000 is too little to risk it. I am a risk taker but it would have to be way more money than that for me to even think about it lol

Years
    Someone offering me this deal is probably in it for the thrill of possibly seeing me die so I wouldn't trust that kind of person not to try something else if I survived. Not worth the risk anyway. Not much would be.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Assuming the opposite of Esper and saying the situation is as cut-and-dry as the OP makes it sound. I'd take. I'm not desperate for money, but I wouldn't be scared either.

I'd like to add a condition that I'd get the money whether I live or die. Then beforehand I could say where I want the money put to, like charity or something. So I'd win, one way or the other xd

Years
    Even if I were to lose my sense of logic and decide hey, it's worth the risk, let's do it--

I'm sure the moment I tried to pull the trigger is the moment I would absolutely back out right then and there. Realize that this is really not worth the sum being paid. Panic at what I was just about to do. So no. I wouldn't do it.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I thought I might have pitched it a bit low, especially considering human life is involved in this! I think I'd resist £40k but would give a thought to it.

I think anything above £100k would really make me think about this. I'd be gambling with my life, sure. But there'd be the opportunity to buy a pretty decent house of my own, right off the bat. No rent, security, all sorted.

Anything above maybe £400k would be hard for me to resist, if someone put it right in front of me and said "here it is." I'd have enough to be pretty much set for life with the right investments etc.

tl;dr: I place a lot of value on my life but maybe not as much as most people do!

On an interesting note I'd risk my own life like this for much less than it would take for me to actually consider taking someone else's life!

Assuming the opposite of Esper and saying the situation is as cut-and-dry as the OP makes it sound. I'd take. I'm not desperate for money, but I wouldn't be scared either.

I'd like to add a condition that I'd get the money whether I live or die. Then beforehand I could say where I want the money put to, like charity or something. So I'd win, one way or the other xd

Very interesting! If your thoughts are well considered you're quite daring! Or perhaps some would say foolish to gamble your life like that! That condition does make things quite interesting and I was wondering if someone would consider that possibility.

Lucid

Fuck it. I've put worse shit into my body at this point. I'm down.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    triple the money and I'd probably do it

Sir Codin

I was actually thinking about something similar to this on my drive over to my parent's house today.

If I was an undercover thug cop interrogating someone, I'd take a revolver, load in some bullets and tell them of the six shots, two of them were live ammo; the rest are blanks. "If you don't tell me what I want to know, you've got a 1 in 3 chance of having a new hole in your head...care to test your luck, PUNK?"

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Yeah... money isn't everything, I'm slowly finding out. ~$62K isn't really worth my entire life... even if it's only a 1/5 chance.

Besides, I'd have some sort of panic attack before I even pulled the trigger.

now... like a couple million... maybe we'd talk...

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Maybe a bit more money? Also I would like to spin the chamber, if I'm putting my life on the line I wanna have it in my own hands

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    I wouldn't do it, I'd value my life far too much.

HOWEVER, if I were suffering (In pain, perhaps near death anyway), and the sum was probably double or triple that, I'd do it. Either I win money to pass down, or I end my suffering. Either way, I win.

Basically was my reasoning for saying yes. Assuming I get to choose what to do with the money if I do die, it's essentially a win-win.

Someone else mentioned that concept if it wasn't yourself but rather a friend - I wouldn't dare take any amount of money if the target was a friend of mine. Money means pretty much nothing to me, and what few friends I do have - mean a crap ton. So I could be offered a literal infinite amount of cash and I'd say no everytime.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I value my life more than than money, and dont care for money that much anyways. I dont place a high value on money. If it was for some common good or to save someone, I would do it.

And I have really, really bad luck.

Back