• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wtf, $400 dollars for a dress? it's only one night!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    We have a fancy dress party every Christmas for school. I have some pretty jackets I wear for them. Problem is that it gets really hot, and people get drunk on those parties so your fancy jacked is covered in booze at the end of the night. Still fun though.
    I'm glad I'm not a girl, because a good friend of my spends over 100$ a dress. I don't know if that much for a dress, but it's much for a night...

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • The most I ever spent on a dress was like 80 bucks, and that was for a Halloween costume. Which I then used in later years. I find it annoying that girls have to buy this expensive dress, shoes, etc, but boys can just rent or borrow a tux.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Like a lot of other countries we don't have prom. Biggest event of the year for us is our graduation ball which I guess is close enough. That is aside that we have our parents there and teachers/ principal and some huge ceremony and nice food.. Unfortunately it is compulsory for us and because I'm one of the last people who would want to be in a dress (well me at that time since I don't mind as much now), my parents bought it for me for the sole purpose of wanting to see their daughter in a gown - that aside it was compulsory of course.
    Though since it's a really formal gown, I don't think I'd where it on any other occasion unless it was as big as that :/

Lucid

I payed $120 for a cocktail dress for prom and it was fabulous. Where you shoppin'? ;/

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    I payed $120 for a cocktail dress for prom and it was fabulous. Where you shoppin'? ;/
    I went to like five shops looking for dresses and they were all about $200-360+. I go to a pretty big school so Macys and Dillards were a big no considering three other people would probably have the same dress. I ended up getting a pretty oatmeal dress with a sweetheart neckline for $119.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • My date was in a cocktail dress for the Military Ball, actually. The policy was no short dresses, but no one said a word to either of us about it during or after. Maybe it was because of how gorgeous she looked that night.

Years
  • what is a prom

I only went to my fifth grade prom and even then it was so small that the school gym used to host it in was only filled with maybe thirty or forty kids. These types of events were never my thing and I always end up sitting home and doing something else. Who needs parties and dances? 8D But if I were to buy a dress for an event and it ended up costing so much I'd probably at least try to wear it elsewhere.. like I do with the dress we bought for a wedding I attended two years ago. It's too pretty.

Years
  • These kind of social events were never sought out nor did I even want to attend prom. Unfortunately I was nearly forced to go because I felt bad considering my then boyfriend was looking forward to it so I inevitably obliged. Definitely did not turn out to be a memorable night. There was absolutely nothing spectacular about it. The venue, food, dancing, music were all for show and I would have enjoyed my time at home better.

Bay

Years
  • I went to my high school's senior prom several years ago and I enjoyed it to an extent. I didn't have a date but I talked to several of my friends there. My prom dress was a blue cocktail dress for $30, pretty good deal to me. XD;

Besides that I also went to my school's homecoming dance in my sophomore year as I knew several friends going there.

Years
  • Prom was a blast! I went in 2011. It was at a really fancy hotel and it was just so much fun. My best friend was my date :3 We had a limo and everything.

It was a nice treat. I'm glad I went to my prom because I originally didn't want to.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    My first ever prom will be next year, and I'm very excited tbh. I've seen a lot of pictures of my sister's prom and it gets me all hyped up about my own prom. I don't really like how she spent so much money on her dress and makeup and heels and hair, though. When I go to prom, of course I want to look good, but not to the point that I'd use up that much money for things that I'll only be using for one night.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • In my county, only seniors go to prom, unless your date happens to be a senior. I am currently a sophomore, without a senior date. Therefore, my prom will be in 2 years.

Back