• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    No problem, this is the right place.

You probably want to continue breeding. At such a low defense every point counts. For example, Scizor's Bullet Punch is an improbable OHKO after SR for a 252/0 Sylveon but an almost guaranteed OHKO after SR for a 252/-0 Sylveon.
    Bold, Calm or Modest is the way to go. Do not forget that a male Sylveon has other qualities: Cute Charm allows you to find a lot of rare female Pokemon like Riolu or female starters in the Friend Safari.

What nature of the three should I go for then? Would a boost in Defense or Special Defense be more useful, or just Special Attack? I'm just not sure...

Edit: What is the difference between Male and Female Sylveons?

Edit #2: Just found another Eevee identical to the perfect one but with the right nature (Modest), however, it is male. I'm gonna keep breeding for a female one and if it doesn't work I may just use this.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • When people talk about trading 5 IV pokemon, does advertising its 5 IV imply that its 5 IVs are all in the good stats? Or just 5 IVs in general.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    When people talk about trading 5 IV pokemon, does advertising its 5 IV imply that its 5 IVs are all in the good stats? Or just 5 IVs in general.

It basically depends on the person who is trading it,some are good enough to advertise 5 iv in good stats but some say 5 iv but not in so helpfull stats just to get a little naughty :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    When people talk about trading 5 IV pokemon, does advertising its 5 IV imply that its 5 IVs are all in the good stats? Or just 5 IVs in general.

As far as I understand (and has been explained to me) if they say 5IV it could just be 5IV in anything, or in the good stats (because that can be subjective in a lot of situations depending on nature and what you want to use it for) but when they saw 5IV Flawless that generally means that it is IVs in every stat EXCEPT the stat that the nature lowers (so, a 5IV Adamant Charmander could have 5IV in any spread, whereas a 5IV Flawless adamant Charmander would have Ivs in everything EXCEPT SpAtt)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Finally, after many many Eevee eggs, I hatched the perfect Eevee to be Sylveon. A female Eevee with flawless I.V's on all but Attack and a Modest nature! I also managed to acquire a Male Eevee with 6 I.V's and a Modest nature in the process, but as it's male I don't want it for my Sylveon. Now that I've got it, any advice on which stats to E.V train for it (Super Training)? I was thinking maybe Defense would help, but I'm not sure how much I should put into each stat. Also what level should I Eevolve it into Sylveon?

Edit: Also, what does paying 100,000 for a room in Hotel Richissime do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Finally, after many many Eevee eggs, I hatched the perfect Eevee to be Sylveon. A female Eevee with flawless I.V's on all but Attack and a Modest nature! I also managed to acquire a Male Eevee with 6 I.V's and a Modest nature in the process, but as it's male I don't want it for my Sylveon. Now that I've got it, any advice on which stats to E.V train for it (Super Training)? I was thinking maybe Defense would help, but I'm not sure how much I should put into each stat. Also what level should I Eevolve it into Sylveon?
    You will probably do the offensive CM set. For the defensive one Sylveon is better of with a Bold nature. The cookie cutter spread is probably sufficient.

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonblast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock

Edit: Also, what does paying 100,000 for a room in Hotel Richissime do?
    For feeling rich - right?

Years
  • Also what level should I Eevolve it into Sylveon?

Since you're raising this one from an egg, its first chance of learning the Fairy-type move required for Sylveon is at Level 19 when it learns Baby-Doll Eyes, otherwise it's at Level 29 when it learns Charm. Alongside the Fairy-type move, Eevee needs minimum 2 affection hearts in Pokemon Amie to evolve into Sylveon.

Once both conditions are met, just level it up and it'll evolve into Sylveon.

Years
  • Just level up a waste eevee till it learns Charm / baby-doll eyes and breed it with the IV one. All the hatched ones should hatch with a fairy type move at lvl 1. Or you could see how lucky you are by going to the learn guy

Shhmew

Years
  • Just level up a waste eevee till it learns Charm / baby-doll eyes and breed it with the IV one. All the hatched ones should hatch with a fairy type move at lvl 1. Or you could see how lucky you are by going to the learn guy
    That's unnecessary. All he'd have to do is level up his current Eevee until it learns a fairy move. (you should EV train it first though)

I think paying for a room at the hotel heals your pokemon. So it's like a really expensive pokemon center.

It might also raise your style a bit? lol definitely not worth it, either way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Please help! Moveset for Bashful Politoed

Um, its the nature ok? I'm new at this. And the dude said the IV were "Decent in Hp...fanatastic"
    So, it could be worse I suppose. Can I use this competitively?

And yes it is shiny.

Anyway, how about it? I wanted a Drizzle Politoed but then I realized that's a hidden ablity. So yay for Water Absorb Politoed!

I'm gonna run a Rain Dance moveset, need a rain dancer. What other moves, and how should I EV train?

Thank you so much! You are helping a noob out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since it's good in HP, you should probably use it defensively; for moves, try going with the following: Scald, Protect, Encore, and Toxic. As for EVs, train it in HP and Defense, and put the rest on Special Def. :] Don't think it would be any good competitively, though, as it doesn't have any of its recommended natures (Modest, Bold, and Timid) or access to Drizzle ability.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Um, its the nature ok? I'm new at this. And the dude said the IV were "Decent in Hp...fanatastic"
    So, it could be worse I suppose. Can I use this competitively?

For future reference, "decent" is the worst comment that the IV Judge can make. It means its total IVs are between 0 and 90. The "fantastic in HP" part means its HP IV is between 26 and 30, which is pretty good. But since this is the case, the rest of the IVs must be pretty bad for it still to be "decent" overall. This infographic is very useful for interpreting the IV Judge: https://i.imgur.com/HAjXSPE.jpg

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was going to restart my Pokemon Y soon, to take part in the Ultimate Mono-type Challenge, and was wondering about the Pokebank.

I know I can withdraw to my PC, but are we able to withdraw directly to our party? I wanted to replace my starter as soon as I got it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was going to restart my Pokemon Y soon, to take part in the Ultimate Mono-type Challenge, and was wondering about the Pokebank.

I know I can withdraw to my PC, but are we able to withdraw directly to our party? I wanted to replace my starter as soon as I got it.

No, you can't replace to your party, this is to prevent you from getting stuck somewhere by replacing a pokemon with a HM while you're stuck somewhere only accessable via a HM, But once you get through santalune forest you can replace them then.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    While training my Eevee, I levelled it up, and after the battle it began evolving into I think Umbreon. I'm going to make it Sylveon but it tries to evolve into Umbreon because it has high friendship. The thing is, it doesn't know any Fairy moves, but it does have two hearts of affection on Pokemon-Amie, but what happens if you meet both conditions for evolving Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon and Sylveon at the same time - i.e two hearts of affection, a Fairy move and high friendship? Which evolution overrides the other?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • No, you can't replace to your party, this is to prevent you from getting stuck somewhere by replacing a pokemon with a HM while you're stuck somewhere only accessable via a HM, But once you get through santalune forest you can replace them then.
    Crud. I guess I will work with a friend to just trade it in, then :)

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    While training my Eevee, I levelled it up, and after the battle it began evolving into I think Umbreon. I'm going to make it Sylveon but it tries to evolve into Umbreon because it has high friendship. The thing is, it doesn't know any Fairy moves, but it does have two hearts of affection on Pokemon-Amie, but what happens if you meet both conditions for evolving Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon and Sylveon at the same time - i.e two hearts of affection, a Fairy move and high friendship? Which evolution overrides the other?

This question has come up before, and I think the conclusion we reached was that Sylveon overrides Espeon/Umbreon. Also bear in mind that Leafeon/Glaceon will override Sylveon, so make sure you don't level up near the Moss Rock or the Ice Rock.

(The logic is that you can just delete the Fairy-type move if you want Espeon/Umbreon, which is a lot easier than decreasing Friendship.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    This question has come up before, and I think the conclusion we reached was that Sylveon overrides Espeon/Umbreon. Also bear in mind that Leafeon/Glaceon will override Sylveon, so make sure you don't level up near the Moss Rock or the Ice Rock.

(The logic is that you can just delete the Fairy-type move if you want Espeon/Umbreon, which is a lot easier than decreasing Friendship.)

I can confirm this, it did evolve into Sylveon. When it says Sylveon is fully trained Pokémon in Super Training, doesn't that mean its EV's are fully maxxed, and it is safe to level it up normally (without stuffing stats up because of what you gain from battles)?

ImaRobot

We dont sleep at night
    Years
  • Having not played any Pokemon game since Saphire I am out of the loop on lots of things. I just noticed the list for unobtainable Pokemon in X and Y, and was mainly wondering if it is recommended that I pick up the last few games? If so, which ones do you recommend I purchase?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back