• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YOU DON'T KNOW ME UNTIL YOU SLEEP IN MY HOUSE!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    They say you don't know someone until you live with them.

Assume everyone who views this post is your friend and knows things that your friends generally know. What's something new they would learn about you if they take the time to live with you for a few weeks, after you've grown comfortable around each other?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I am more than happy to let the dishes pile up in the sink for days on end if I believe that none of them are mine and I'M NOT GOING TO WASH THEM DAMMIT!

If people didn't realise I was stubborn before living with me, they sure as hell do afterwards!

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
  • I'm hilariously neurotic. Maybe obnoxiously so, depends. I'm often zipping about in a confused rush, wandering idly, and forgetting what I was doing.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    The first noticeable thing would be my sloppiness when it comes to home regularity. My room is a mess and so is my house, I do clean for the sake of hygiene but that's about it, no tidying unless I'm really bored or motivated... or until the house looks like a bombarded facility.

Then I guess they would be surprised at how fast I can empty/refill the fridge. I remember that two-week trip with my friends when they often complained about how fast I consumed our supplies, but then I went to the village without them noticing and bought back even more. D'oh.

Other than that, no secrets whatsoever, just regular life. I'm really compatible when living with others in the rest of the terms.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I am more than happy to let the dishes pile up in the sink for days on end if I believe that none of them are mine and I'M NOT GOING TO WASH THEM DAMMIT!

If people didn't realise I was stubborn before living with me, they sure as hell do afterwards!

amen brother except that would drive me too crazy. if i go on a cleaning strike in my apartment things would get too gross for me to function.

people would find that i do a lot of renovating. that and i can never have enough books. and they're books no one wants to read (my most recent find: Memories and Visions of Paradise: Exploring the Universal Myth of a Lost Golden Age) so they become a useless pile after i've read them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I touch my hair. All the time. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I touch my hair. I think it comes from wanting to perfect the hair, idk, sometimes I feel it'd be easier if I had no hair whatsoever so that it couldn't get any neater, if that makes sense. Idk I probably have hair OCD or something.

... as I pause to think of more, I touch my hair, yet again. I also have another thing with my hair where I avoid it after tying it up because it feels awkward so I have it in a hair towel for half a day before I'm finally prepared to even straighten or brush it because it's like "oh the effort". I also like to procrastinate and do things at the last minute, so I often sit around half-dressed since I don't really feel like putting on all my clothes straight away. I also prefer to make my bed in the afternoon for some reason.

That's about all you'd learn! :) Wow, I sound really crazy. I just have this thing with hair, okay ;;

Years
  • I'll turn the TV off if you leave the room with it on even for a minute. I'll also close cabinets and doors and anything else that's left open even if you left it open on purpose.

I walk around barefoot all the time, too. Also, when the weather is gross and I just don't feel like bothering, my space is a pants-free zone. Like, I'm not gonna strut around or anything, but like if it's the weekend I'll sit on the couch and watch a movie or something and just have a light blanket for cover. Personal comfort is important to me. :|

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I can't cook, unless you count heating things up in the microwave. I actually did live with one of my best friends last year and fortunately for me, she was a much better cook so she did most of our cooking. My cooking nights ended up being fails, haha.

Ummm I'm also ridiculously lazy, which I realize isn't a good trait at all, but it's true. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Nothing, really... plenty of people have seen my house, none of them were shocked at the mess. I'm pretty open about my life habits so nothing is really surprising.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I don't clean my room very often at all. Like, I have a pile of clothes on my floor currently that is like, at least half my height. >__> I hope that doesn't bother you! XD Oh, and I like to eat when I am the computer, so keyboards may be messy. >__>

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you were to live with me, you'd find:

- I sit around a lot
    - My bed is half mess, half sleep-able
    - I go to Taco Bell a lot
    - I'm not always okay or up for talking
    - My nightstand makes me look like an alcoholic, but with Dr. Pepper instead of beer
    - I will eye you warily if you sit on my bed
    - Do not touch my baton or I will kill you
    - It's okay for me to leave trash around, but HEAVEN FORBID YOU DO

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    • My neurosis
    • I walk around talking to myself
    • I randomly burst into song, a trait inherited from my dad
    • I'll walk into rooms and forget what I'm doing
    • I like my music loud
    • My room is a mess however you will keep my house tidy
    • If you don't wash up stuff you used I will throw it at you

So yeah have fun.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My room is in a semi-permanent state of disaster... I hate cleaning but love when things are clean... I generally am too lazy to find a shirt if I'm not going anywhere... I forget to eat and/or sleep on a regular basis... um actually I can't think of much that my friends don't already know about me. I'm pretty open.

It's really my stepdad who tends to throw people off. He's such a childish man.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Hmm not really sure to be honest. I talk about my household life all the time with other people so I would think anyone I invite over would find exactly what I've talked about all along. I don't believe I do anything really annoying or gross or unreasonable in my own home and I've never had anyone mention anything, so I couldn't tell you.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I AM THE LAZIEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE HOUSE.

I'm also a clean freak. I gotta keep the house clean no matter what. My kitties are also people and they deserve a spot on the couch. Silence is prohibited, so there's always noise. Oh, and parking is very sporadic here so give yourself 10+ minutes to find a spot. :P

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll get pissed off at you over the simplest of things, especially things that interrupt my daily routine or what I want to do for that day. I like to watch movies pretty much every night and I like to yell at the movie, assuming it can hear me, when there's something I don't like. Especially when I watch Titanic. There are just some things in that movie which drive me crazy.
    I don't like picking things up, I'm content to let my room be a mess as long as it isn't dirty. By dirty, I mean mud/sand/dust etc. I leave DVD's and books everywhere and I've broken so many CD's by standing on them, lol.
    The person/people staying with me will probably have to buy m a lot of stuff (well, food at least) as I love getting people to buy me food because I'm lazy, haha. I also like putting labels on the food in the house which is mine, it pisses me off so much when I want something like a ham sandwich and someone has taken it.

Years
  • - I will randomly bug you in your room for five seconds. Like, I'll walk up to my roommate, say something weird, and then walk off. I may or may not tolerate you doing the same to me. Sometimes I just want to be left alone.
    - Which reminds me, I am so much weirder and more awkward irl. Like you wouldn't believe.
    - I'm really lazy with cleaning house, so you'd have to forgive the mess. :(
    - DON'T TOUCH MY WRITING. >:(

I'm probably missing a lot of things, but those are the biggest ones. I'll edit if I remember anything. @_@;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'll turn the TV off if you leave the room with it on even for a minute. I'll also close cabinets and doors and anything else that's left open even if you left it open on purpose.

We can never live together. That would drive me up the wall lol.

As for me, the main things about living with me are:

- If I am watching a TV show (and I don't mean just passively watching, I mean being engrossed in an episode of something) I will not tolerate you making noise.
    - No, you may not borrow my laptop. That is mine and mine alone, and I feel incredibly awkward having somebody else use it, even for a second.
    - No, you may not go into my room. See above point.

Other than that, I think I'm pretty easy to live with, overall.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • One thing my roomate(s) will notice about me is that I'm not that neat compared to them. They'll probably nag me to fix my things every now and then, whether it's in the bathroom, the kitchen or in the bedroom..

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm like the laziest person you'll ever meet. I don't move from the computer unless it's to eat, go to the bathroom, go to the gym, or if I have plans. Don't bother me otherwise. That, and I will constantly complain about everything. I just like to find fault in everything, and I like to voice that fault.

Also, I often only wear underwear around the house... and even less when I'm heading to bed. So, um, be prepared for that. Clothing is something reserved for the public or if I plan on going out. Otherwise, why bother?

I'm hard to live with. My ex-roommate can probably attest to that. Haha~

Back