• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know what grinds my gears?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    if i see one more person saying the ****ing vaccines causing autism thing i am going to find them

AND SHOW THEM THIS IMAGE

in general correlation does not imply causation thank you good bye

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    What grinds my gears are.

Blocked fb games still sending requests.
    when someone acts a fool because they are "better".
    People who are. Prissy.
    When I fail at something.
    When my bus is late.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nights when I'm watching Netflix and my Xbox Live connection goes offline every 10 minutes. Also, when the internet connection get really laggy when I'm playing a game competitively online.

Years
    A pet peeve of mine that is becoming extremely annoying these days is people tail-gating me when I'm already going above the speed limit on the highway. And 90% of them are pick-up trucks! So now I've developed an extreme hatred towards drivers and their pick-ups.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
    Food stereotypes. Of all the things that really bother me, this is it. Things like "Spanish and Mexican cuisine are exactly the same," or "pizza and pasta are the only food Italy has," to "British food is boring." It couldn't kill people to be respectful and learn about other cultures, you know?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016

Most music today, when people talk about work and their success in it (biggest one that annoys me), SWAG culture, the same rainy weather day in day out, when people talk about their love life, not forgetting rudeness, arrogance and being over-egotistical.

Yukari

Stereotypes is one thing the really ticks me off. I hate when people stereotype things, especially since stereotypes are almost always wrong.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    You know what REALLY grinds my gears?
    The people who post "First!" on videos. Ya want attention? I wanna see the video, now get the hell outta my screen.

And another thing: Selfies. Yeah i get it, you're alive, you don't need to show your body\face off IN THE BATHROOM.

Another thing that grinds my gears is people who don't understand Daniel Radcliff is acting on other stuff and not just Harry Potter, but of course people will always remember him as the harry potter kid.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    My biggest grinding of the gears would have to be when peoples sole topic of conversation revolves around themselves. There is literally nothing else you can talk to them about. Like come on buddy, there's more to life than yourself, be considerate. O.o

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    The guys in Theater Tech. I swear, they never matured past twelve. They're always so loud I can hear them through my headphones, they say dirty things, they play really obnoxious videos (one favourite is just a really really long, loud scream. I hate that video the most), they throw chairs (or fall out of them really really loudly), etc. . . Just, really?! Grow up!!! The director's gotten onto them sooooo many times, but they just don't listen.

Years
    Oh, here's one of mine: when my suite mates leave the lights on in the bathrooms. They're wasting electricity, and I don't like having to turn them off repeatedly. Although all things considered maybe they don't know that. >_>

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

People

When my son leaves the doors open and lights on everywhere he goes hnnggg

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Something that grinds my gears is when people refuse to understand people with invisible disabilities. I get this a lot because I don't 'look' or 'act' disabled all of the time. I could go about my life being totally normal and not have any problems, most of the time. You would think this would be a good thing, but it's actually not. When I have meltdowns, I'm considered a misbehaved brat, or when it comes to things I'm literally terrified of... no one takes it seriously until I have one of my panic attacks.

I also hate how people are judgmental about us, thinking we want special treatment. We deserve as much accommodations as someone in a wheelchair does. You wouldn't tell a person in a wheelchair they had to walk up the stairs when there's an elevator now would you? Of course not. It would be wrong. People with invisible disabilities need accommodations too.

Back