• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know what grinds my gears?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    In this thread, post something that annoys you. It could be something mundane, like pennies or shoelaces for example, or it could be something more serious, or it could be something completely random that you feel like venting about. Let's keep it fun and friendly, and avoid directing it at any specific people to avoid inciting drama :)

You know what grinds my gears? Videos buffering. Seriously, who wants to watch a video and have to wait for it to buffer every 5 seconds? It's even worse when you can't just pause the video and wait for it to load. I've seen a lot of video players that actually pause the buffering when you pause the video. WTH? Buffering grinds my gears.

Years
    In PC, users who format their posts. Not that I have anything against them personally, but sometimes it hurts my eyes. (or something like that)

Also American Imperial units. I had so much trouble getting used to them when I first came to US.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    That reminds me of something else that grinds my gears: advertisements on websites that fly around the screen. Ugh, I hate those things. Especially when they're designed to make it like, impossible not to click them. Those advertisements need to vanish from existence. Whenever I see those it makes me specifically not want to buy what they're selling -_-

Sirfetch’d

In PC, users who format their posts. Not that I have anything against them personally, but sometimes it hurts my eyes. (or something like that)

Also American Imperial units. I had so much trouble getting used to them when I first came to US.

agreeing so much with the post formatting haha. I used to do it myself until I saw how bad it looks on some skins and now I can't stand to see anything except the default font when a post doesn't contain CSS to make it actually look good.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    You know what REALLY grinds my gears? The fact that humanity is considered to be the dominant race, even though facts show that we are one of the weakest races. Insects are the most likely to survive once we nuke ourselves, or destroy everything due to our "superior brains".....

Years
    Of all things to annoy me the most, I really dislike being in quiet environments, which is primarily why I always have music going when I'm not talking with anyone else or watching TV. Even the air conditioning blowing is noise to me, just as long as it's not purely quiet.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    You know what grinds my gears? People bum rushing into debates with a closed-off mindset expecting to come out on top in the end. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Also, I really don't care for programs that include corporate sponsorships for **** like Bing and Google Chrome, especially when in the installer they have the boxes checked by default to **** up your home page and browser. Don't you think if we wanted your mediocre product we would've downloaded it already?

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Facebook game invites.

No, I don't want to play that game. **** off.

This. Especially in regards to Candy Crush. (DANGIT! I ALREADY SAID NO 8 TIMES!)

Also, people that are close-minded, which being in the part of Texas I am in, I unfortunately run into a lot. Also, even though I'm straight, I can't stand homophobia either, which I also see a lot of where I live.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    You know what grinds my gears? People who misuse words from their true definitions. Words like "Gay," "Overrated," and "Autistic" are being used as negative responses to things they either hate or can't agree on. This tends to be common at 4chan, which is suppose to have some of the more intelligent people of the internet due to be the vocal minority, and yet they keep misusing these words.

Years
    You know what grinds my gears? People who misuse words from their true definitions. Words like "Gay," "Overrated," and "Autistic" are being used as negative responses to things they either hate or can't agree on. This tends to be common at 4chan, which is suppose to have some of the more intelligent people of the internet due to be the vocal minority, and yet they keep misusing these words.

They're always used when they have nothing intelligent to say back so they have to resort on ad hominem (if you can even call it that) attacks, best thing to do is to ignore them.

Speaking of which... printers are ********. (video has some profanity, be warned)

Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Speaking of which... printers are ********. (video has some profanity, be warned)

Spoiler:

^This. James Rolfe's "You Know What's ********" is what inspired me to write this thread :D

And yea, printers are annoying. In fairness, they have improved quite a bit over the years, but still the only reliable ones are the big huge ones you find in an office. Home printers suck.

Back