• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know what grinds my gears?

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
  • Comparisions.

I don't know why, but when someone compares me to something else completely unrelated to me, it just irritates me beyond hell...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • When people chew with their mouth open. Ew.

Also, when people lick their fingers while they're eating, and don't wash their hands. Double ew.

Aello

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • When customers ask me where something is in the store while I am standing on the top of a ladder with a box over my head. Or when people expect me to be their personal shopper as if I don't have my own tasks to complete.

I don't mind helping customers generally especially because some of the things we sell require some how tos or advice (and I know how to use almost everything), but its shocking just how rude some people can be.

Years
  • When people chew with their mouth open. Ew.

Also, when people lick their fingers while they're eating, and don't wash their hands. Double ew.

This. So much. I try not to make a big deal about it when I'm with friends, but my sister's chewing can be so loud and obnoxious that I can hear it from my room. There are often times when I contemplate never going out to eat with her because of it...

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Stereotypes. People being randomly obnoxious and noisy as all hell.

Also mornings grind my gears. How can anybody even move at 6:00 A.M.? How can you be fully functional by 7:00? It makes no sense how morning people even exist.

Also sexist/racist/discriminatory (or whatever other words fit there) jokes. Basicly any joke that's just sick and offensive. I mean yeah I can take a dirty joke or something a bit ... inappropriate I guess is the word? But I mean there are limits people, come on! -_- Have some respect dangit.

Close-minded people. They really grind my gears.

Years
  • Here's one i'm gonna mention that I discussed in another thread:

When my mom texts me, or god help me, calls me, during class. I was in class a couple hours ago since I have class on Thursday nights, and she called me and I had to leave the classroom for a few seconds to take it. Thankfully it wasn't important so she hung up, but that was annoying. Even moreso considering she had texted me in a previous Thursday night I had that class and I had told her that during so.

Years
  • People walking at just the right pace at the sidewalk where they're being slow but too quick for me to pass them. So it slows me down and I just want to go at my normal pace! >___<;

At work, people going "How much is [X]?". We have a menuboard. Conversely, when people asked for something on the menuboard that wasn't currently on our table for whatever reason. Look at my table! To be fair, though, some items were on the board that we didn't carry anymore or never at all (looking at YOU, chicken!!). To be fair, it's not like we made to order like most places.

But as someone who had to work there and deal with this on a regular basis, it sucked!

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • Discrimination against people. Especially disabled people. I have a stepbrother who is 18 in April. He's in a wheel chair, he can't talk, can't communicate in any way, can't use his legs or hands and gets fed special food through a tube. The thing he can do is smile and laugh and that's why I adore him. I never told anybody that during high school because there was just so much discrimination against people like my stepbrother. Low-life idiots.

I also don't like screaming kids or babies at restaurants. I just want a quiet atmosphere, I didn't come to this expensive place to hear your kid scream as loud as she could because she's not allowed another ice cream sundae...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    LOUD CARS. Loud cars. Loud vehicles in general, I guess, since a lot of motorcycles also fall under this category (also the garbage truck that wakes me up in the morning, but that's only once a week and it's for a good cause, hey).

It's not even like a minor annoyance, I just hate it when people mod their cars so that everyone in the neighborhood can hear it when they tear down the street, or so that alarms of parked cars go off when they drive around parking lots. Is anyone actually impressed by this? What is the purpose of spending money to make your car louder anyway? I just don't get it, but it sure annoys the hell out of me when one of those special cars drive by.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • These 12 year olds acting like they're 18. Kind of what Symbiosis said: little kids who don't give a care about those older and of higher authority than them.

But seriously, why are these 12ies (as they call them here) just being obnoxious and stuff? Being stuff they're not, just downright irritating. I want them gone.

That and people rushing me. I like taking my time, so if someone tells me to hurry up, I'll get ticked off, and I'll just yell at them.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i could put a humongous list of what annoys me, but i guess i can say that i hate it when people claim theyre depressed or have some other form of mental illness for attention. this is SO offensive to me, who has been clinically diagnosed with a plethora of mental disorders. i also hate it when people say that depression and addictions are something to be proud of, or glorifying it to the point where its beautiful when someone kills themselves. its sick, imo.

Years
  • LOUD CARS. Loud cars. Loud vehicles in general, I guess, since a lot of motorcycles also fall under this category (also the garbage truck that wakes me up in the morning, but that's only once a week and it's for a good cause, hey).

It's not even like a minor annoyance, I just hate it when people mod their cars so that everyone in the neighborhood can hear it when they tear down the street, or so that alarms of parked cars go off when they drive around parking lots. Is anyone actually impressed by this? What is the purpose of spending money to make your car louder anyway? I just don't get it, but it sure annoys the hell out of me when one of those special cars drive by.

I know what you mean. Same goes with people who blast their music from their cars and think that it's cool. I realized that it's mostly guys who do it; maybe to show off in hopes of attracting girls? Who knows. Or ones that have obnoxious decals, neon lights, etc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I know what you mean. Same goes with people who blast their music from their cars and think that it's cool. I realized that it's mostly guys who do it; maybe to show off in hopes of attracting girls? Who knows. Or ones that have obnoxious decals, neon lights, etc.

Yeah, guess it's just a guy thing. Wonder if it actually works in attracting girls - personally, I've never really cared about what people drive so long as it's not so decrepit it'll spontaneous explode when I'm in it or something.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    software bugs, and real bugs. oh theres a spider - kill it

oh and having to make 15 posts to make a new thread.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    stupid, rude, loud, cocky, nosy, and demanding people
    bright colors
    chewing, spitting and slurping
    when my personal space is invaded, people read out loud, talk under their breath, interrupt others constantly, and don't listen
    slobs
    bratty children
    bad breath
    public restrooms
    anything messy or unclean
    wobbly tables
    PDA
    people with dirty minds
    people with poor judgment
    cliched phrases and internet memes
    hypocrites
    liars