• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You VS a Pokemon

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Pokemon are powerful. It's normal for them to do things like have a body temperature of 18,000 degrees Fahrenheit, or generate ultrasonic waves that can blow apart a house, or have the power to stop a train with a slap. So, yeah, you VS most Pokemon = an easy win for that Pokemon.

Name one you think you could win against, though. And name one that you'd lose to, but just barely, like it wouldn't be easy for the Pokemon either.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • i could probably beat any small bug type with... my foot, obviously they're bugs what can they even do besides spit string at me LOL

And a Pokemon I'd just barely lose to? Probably any first route Pokemon because they're not that strong. Most normal types are just basic. But only the pure normal types, any with any other types I'd just lose to immediately.

Years
  • getting mad "Ash vs Mewtwo from the first movie" vibes from this thread when he tried to throw hands vs Mewtwo

still cant get that out of my head lmaooo

but uhhh i think i can take on any like...pre-evolved fighting type. you may think that this is an unfair advantage, but even pre-evolved fighting types are pretty damn strong sooo

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I could probably beat a Sunkern?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Never underestimate the strength of a Pokemon! It's more than just numbers.

I could probably beat a Metapod. But a Magikarp would probably be impossible; all that uncontrollable splashing and stuff...it's actually a lot more tiring than one would imagine.

Years
  • Pretty much all the cocoon Pokemon can only spam Harden. Pretty sure I could win by just picking it up and tossing it someplace it can't handle xD

Tempted to go with Ditto for the other. It would transform into me after all, the odds are pretty much even!

Geewithabee

Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    i could probably beat any small bug type with... my foot, obviously they're bugs what can they even do besides spit string at me LOL

And a Pokemon I'd just barely lose to? Probably any first route Pokemon because they're not that strong. Most normal types are just basic. But only the pure normal types, any with any other types I'd just lose to immediately.

Yeah this seems really accurate.

I could take a pin and deflate a Jigglypuff.

I suppose, as long as it didn't see you coming and start singing.

getting mad "Ash vs Mewtwo from the first movie" vibes from this thread when he tried to throw hands vs Mewtwo

still cant get that out of my head lmaooo

but uhhh i think i can take on any like...pre-evolved fighting type. you may think that this is an unfair advantage, but even pre-evolved fighting types are pretty damn strong sooo

I don't even think I could take on any Fighting-types. Even first-stage. It's their type, it's what they do. As a human, if I had to assign myself a type, it would probably be Normal, and we all know how a Normal vs Fighting matchup typically goes. Not well for the Normal.

I could probably beat a Sunkern?

I like the question mark at the end like even in Sunkern's case you're not totally sure.

Pretty much all the cocoon Pokemon can only spam Harden. Pretty sure I could win by just picking it up and tossing it someplace it can't handle xD

Tempted to go with Ditto for the other. It would transform into me after all, the odds are pretty much even!

Both of these answers are very clever.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I don't even think I could take on any Fighting-types. Even first-stage. It's their type, it's what they do. As a human, if I had to assign myself a type, it would probably be Normal, and we all know how a Normal vs Fighting matchup typically goes. Not well for the Normal.

yeah us humans are pretty weak, and i really misspoke when i said "any" fighting-type, because i sure as hell cant take a machop lmao

Years
  • I...actually don't think I'll be able to beat any? Except maybe small and slow ones that I can outspeed and capture before they can do anything to me (like Caterpie). Then again I wonder if a human like me could compare to Caterpie's 45 base speed......

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Smashes Magikarp easily enough. Outruns Munchlax's waddling speed for a victory.

Automatically loses to any Ghost, Fighting, Psychic, Rock, and Steel type. Cannot hope to even scratch them.

Hm. Depends on the circumstances versus Trapinch. Feels confident with a nearby stick. Absolutely loses upon stepping into its sand pit blindly.

Names Zubat for a narrow loss. Would be in trouble after one successful Poison Fang. Gives it a solid swat in the process, however.

Geewithabee

Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Me versus Wishiwashi. In one version I easily win because it doesn't use its Schooling ability. In another version I am soundly defeated because it does use the ability.

Years
  • Me versus Wishiwashi. In one version I easily win because it doesn't use its Schooling ability. In another version I am soundly defeated because it does use the ability.

How will you capture such a small and probably agile fish though! And what if it uses something crazy like Water Pulse? :O

as you can see I have no confidence in myself

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • i would crush snom easily, and I would have a very hard time hurting a shinx, seeing as its my favorite pokemon, and the last thing I want is to hurt it

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • I could try to defeat a Shroomish in battle. I'll try to squash it like a Goomba. (Even though i am one myself here on this forum).

Humans fighting against Pokémon is something Game Freak should maybe consider. (To be fair, James has actually fought a Toxapex all by himself in the anime once.)

Geewithabee

Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    To be fair, James has actually fought a Toxapex all by himself in the anime once.)
    I feel like I remember reading a manga where the kids were standing at the edge of a lake watching Bruno out there on the water doing his training, and he was fighting, like, several Gyarados at once, punching them right in their faces, avoiding their Hyper Beams, and somehow remaining airborne the whole time.

Back