• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite Pokémon movie

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    As of now there are already 14 Pokémon movies, with the 15th coming up in July 2012, for Japan. Have you watched them all, and which one is your favourite - and why? Also, how did you like the Pikachu short movies?

I for one stopped watching them at a certain point, because they weren't in cinemas anymore and were aired on television instead, in Dutch which is lame, and have yet to see about 8 of them lol. Out of the ones I did see, I'd probably say that the first one is my favourite because it means the most to me, but I love all of the ones I saw equally. no bullet points :(

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
  • The first one will always be classic and the best so it doesn't count :p

Aside from that I think the Zoroua and Zoroark one was cool. Movie 14 I think it was

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, I've watched all of them up to the 13th movie now, and I'm looking forward to watching the 14th later today, seeing as I've been too lazy to bother watching the japanese version.

Out of them all, my favourite would probably be the third movie. It just holds a special place for me, as I loved it as a kid, and although it wasn't the first one I watched, it's the one I adored and well adore the most to this day. It'd be willing to argue it holds a lot more depth in storyline compared to most of the other movies. We've got Molly's storyline, as she'd lost her mother, and soon realises she might have lost her father too. In which we see the Unown connect with her, and make her wishes come true. I loved that bond she'd formed with Entei, and well yeah, we even had a Charizard cameo and everything. :3

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I'd have to go with either, Pokemon Heroes, Pokemon the Movie 2000 (Lugia was beast!), or Mewtwo Strikes Back. Pokemon The First Movie will always be the #1 due to being the original movie with an intense battle between Mewtwo & Mew.

Pokemon Heroes will probably be mine, due to Latias being in it :) I did watch The Movie 2000 way to much, and Mewtwo Strikes Back doesn't seem popular for some reason but I still love it!

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I've only seen a few of the Pokemon movies, but my all time favorite is easily Pokemon 2000. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember it being totally awesome. Plus, the Legendary Birds were in it, and those are my favorite Legendary Trio of all time.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • The first one will always be classic and the best so it doesn't count :p

This, I would say this, but Ya' know. So, I would say the Power of One/ Movie 2000/ Lugia one would be my favourite because it was a nice story and I loved the character Melody in it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Well, I have four favourites - 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th movie. I like their events and because they belong to DP saga.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    I like a lot of them, to be honest. The Pokemon 2000 will always be a classic to me, but I have a few other favorites as well. I liked the Pokemon 4ever movie (Suicune <33) and the one with Entei. I bawled like a baby in the Pokemon Heroes movie and the Lucario movie, so those get a plus. Watching the Victini movie with Reshiram right now, and I wanted to cry cause of all the nostalgia I an feeling. I really missed the Pokemon series. I plan to watch the Zoroark one later tonight.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like "Destiny Deoxys" and "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" because they show 2 of my favorite Pokemon (Deoxys and Lucario).

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I am not much of a fan of the newer ones, especially Arceus and Zoroark. They seem more about the graphics than the story.

I absolutely adored Spell of the Unown and Mewtwo Returns. Amazed me. Spell of the Unown had an actual death and heartbreak, and Mewtwo Returns had a really good story. Domino was a plus.

Years
  • The first movie is hands down the best pokemon moive and I think the main reason I think so is that all of the rest are just about some evil person trying to steal a legendary pokemon and Ash befriends that or someone along on his side. In the first movie however it's a pokemon that want the control and start a new era and here the battle isn't included with two pokemon battling but rather lots of them. Oh yeah, also the fact that when the pokemon start crying.....it's just the saddest scene ever.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, I've seen all of them besides the 14th movies (Grr, I wasn't able to watch Pokemon The Movie Black last weekend >:C) and . . . I'd have to say Pokemon Heroes. I haven't seen it in forever, but I remembered that I loved it. I like all of the movies, although some more than others. I just saw Jirachi Wishmaker a few months ago, and since it had been the only movie I hadn't seen yet, I expected something completely amazing. I was utterly disappointed.

Well, I don't think that Mewtwo Returns is included in the official 14 movies, so I guess there's technically *15? I . . . don't think I can list them in order of favorites, to be honest. I'd be hit with so much indecision, lol. :P
    *16 if you count the 14th movies as two movies.

Guest123_x1

Although I have only seen the first five movies, the first movie is definitely my favorite. I remember all the hype and press surrounding it for its U.S. theatrical release back in 1999, (I even remember going to see Toy Story 2, which was released a couple of weeks after Mewtwo Strikes Back, and thought the long lines at the theater were for the Pokémon movie), although I must say, the third movie has the ever-so-cute Molly Hale.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I am a HUGE fan of Pokemon: The Movie 2000. Sadly I don't own the movie, but I do own a movie poster of when it came out in theaters. I've watched up to Jirachi -Wish Maker, and stopped there. Then recently I watched Zoroark: Master of Illusions, and have DVRed Pokemon: The Movie - Black. So there's a huge gap between those two movies, and I really should get to watching them again.

Speaking of Pokemon: The Movie 2000, I really loved the movie because of the three Kanto legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. And the battle between them and Lugia was really epic.

Jay-Kunn

Lawfully Evil
    Years
  • If I had to choose, Jirachi Wish Maker and Mew and the Tree of Beginning. For 2 simple facts:

1) They introduced Salamence in the first movie.
    2) The second movie put a spotlight on the virtually unbeatable Weavile.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Pokemon: The Movie 2000 hands down. I've seen most of the movies that have been released. Pokemon 2000, in my opinion got emotions rolling once the legendary birds started a big brawl. How all the Pokemon came together, even the ones who couldn't make it got as close as they could. I find the Pikachu shorts very amusing, something to keep me occupied.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    hmm this is a hard one.

is it me or everything a pokemon movie is about to start u get that feeling of excitement.

anyways if i were to make a top 5 itd be

5) Pokemon 2000 (cause i remember watchin this twice in d movies. ancient mew cards given away at this time god im getting old... heck even Hermain Cain watched it)

4) Spell of the uknown (3rd movie)- story line was good and i like the risk that friends take for friends

3) Pokemon Heroes - i just love the setting. its was like being in Venice
    2) Pokemon Mewtwo strikes back - will always be on the list for being the first movie ever. (btw did any 1 watch John Stewart quote this?)

and number 1

drum role

1) Lucario and the mystery of Mew= I cried in this one. best movie ever and still nothing can top it yet.

Houndour2005

Banned
    Years
  • I seen the first three movies, and the Venice location based one.

But I haven't seen others.

The best short was of course with Houndour based upon my name here.

Back