• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Computer

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • When I was younger my Pa would set me up with a decent computer whenever an upgrade was needed. I was lucky in that field.

The first computer I remember was good enough to play BF2 the day it came out but I don't remember much else.

The first one I remember a little more about was an AMD build that could play crysis on Med/Low with the physics turned high enough to blow up the shacks (I thought it was the coolest thing ever lol)

My first Computer was Intel. It was a pentium 4th Intel Computer.
    GO026G.png

Years
  • It was an HP tower and I believe we got it in 2002/2003? I'm not too clear because my memory is rather bad.
    It was good for its time

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Believe it or not, I still have my old Windows XP Dell PC and I deadass am typing this with it right now. It has been here in my room for 8 years and it was originally Windows 7, but we downgraded it to XP cause it runs like crap.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mines was a 2000 Compaq Presario desktop!
    ...I actually just got a Compaq Presario laptop that ran Windows 98 just late last week! It's a bit of a brick of a device but it runs well (Minus the completely shot battery).

Years
  • ...I actually just got a Compaq Presario laptop that ran Windows 98 just late last week! It's a bit of a brick of a device but it runs well (Minus the completely shot battery).
    I would legit be surprised if any laptop from this era still has a fully-functioning battery.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    First computer that I "had" was the computer my dad had for us kids which has windows 95 on it. Then 97 and so forth. Eventually we moved on to his Lenovo Thinkpads that he got from his work (he works at IBM). My first personal laptop was an HP Pavilion which wasn't that great at all at the end of its lifespan the fan was so loud i sounded like a spaceship taking off whenever i was on voice chats. Silver lining i guess because those were good times haha.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    not sure what type of computer it was, but we had one running windows xp in the 'computer room under the stairs' in my old house. i got my own laptop probably in 2010? in 2014 or so i got my own computer (which still pretty much works now, although it blue screens every once in a while lol), and this year i got a lenovo yoga laptop, which is what i'll be taking with me when i go to uni

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I believe, my first computer was a windows XP on a Acer. It was my first and only desktop for awhile, after that we got laptops and havent switched back since, i will go back soon though to game and stuff. It was a reliable computer though, lasted years, and about 5 years ago my dad gave it to my uncle and we set it up in his house and it was still working at the time and it still might be working, cant say if it is or not though

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • an hp laptop. it's the first one that i've really owned and that was purely mine. my nana got it for me about 3 years ago as a high school graduation gift.

Years
    • Seen today
    The first one that wasn't shared by family was a large Dell Laptop. I was probably way too young for such a gift, because a few weeks later I clumsily dropped it and cracked the screen.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
    Years
  • A Laptop i think (but the Laptop was not mine but from someone else) then a Desktop i think (mine) then another Desktop , then without permission some family members wanted to remove things and i had to take some kind of device from the Desktop(though i lost the device) after i bought a Laptop something between 800 dollar i think, this Laptop had geforce i7 and other fast stuff like turbo things, lots of times it fell down and now i use for reserve cause i bought a new one (i regret sometimes this laptop more than 900 dollar asus) I thought it was a better Laptop but at first it had a blue screen and sometimes the mouse moves like a ghost and to fix i have to move the laptop a little to solve this temporary...

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    First computer that was ever actually just mine I was the one I got for my 14th birthday, just some basic, relatively cheap (expensive for what it was now that I'm remembering it) Dell tower from Walmart.

First computer my mom and I had however would probably have had to have been a Windows 95 and I've been on them my whole life, playing edutainment games since I was 2. OG PC gamer for life.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    My first computer was a Windows XP desktop that I got when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I had it for many years and it was even upgraded to a Windows 7 at one point. I did eventually get rid of it though.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • The first one I had was a laptop that ran Windows XP when I was around 12/13. I had loads of fun on that thing, but had to move on to Windows 8, with a short romp in Mac (which I must've got some kind of malware because I had gotten those "Your computer is infected!!!" pages along with some embarrassing ones) because the old one was getting slow (took around 10-15 minutes to boot), and now I am here on Windows 10. I miss the old laptop, but I think it was for the best since Microsoft ended support back in 2014.

Back