• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Gym type and Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I would like to have a dual type gym of Electric and Ice. I know that really has not been a thing... but why not?

my team:
    Luxray
    Mamoswine
    Toxtricity
    Electivire
    Aurorus
    Frosmoth

My design....I would have a white pompadour hair style and white goatee. I would have a long white and gray biker jacket, gray pants with white circular patter, light blue tie, light blue shoes with white lightningbolts on sides. I would wear light blue ski glasses and gray gloves.

Badge design: would be a snowflake with lightning bolt edges

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Water types.

I will be battling on Double Battle and my gym will be in Dewford Town ( a fighting type gym in a small tropical town? )

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Hurricane
    - Surf
    - Aqua Ring
    - Tailwind

Swampert @ Life Orb
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Bulk Up

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Giga Drain
    - Scald
    - Rain Dance
    - Synthesis

Dracovish @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Strong Jaw
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Fishious Rend
    - Outrage
    - Ancient Power
    - Zen Headbutt

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Ability: Analytic
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Flip Turn
    - Scald
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
    Ability: Unseen Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Liquidation
    - Facade

If people are not prepared to face this rain team, then they are not worthy of the Rain Badge.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ghost type gym designed around the idea of witches, sorcery and hexes.

-Mismagius
    -Froslass
    -Chandelure (or Alolan Marowak)
    -Banette
    -Gourgeist
    -Ninetales (not a Ghost, but it learns Ghost moves naturally and its Pokedex entries talk about curses and supernatural powers, so it fits with the theme perfectly)

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    First Person to choose flying at least we have a lot of types in here! In my ideal gym, I would be the 8th gym leader and there would be two restrictions, 2 hyper potions allowed only, when you go to your bag, 2 hyper potions are the only things that would show up! The second restriction, when the battle starts, your style gets put to set instead of switch 😈 Pokemon listed is the order they would come out.

Emolga-Static-Focus Sash
    Double Team
    Nuzzle
    Agility
    Baton Pass

Talonflame-Galewings-Leftovers
    Bulk Up
    Roost
    Brave Bird
    Flare Blitz

Hawlucha-Unburden-Flying Gem
    Flying Press
    Poison Jab
    Fire Punch
    Thunder Punch

Dragonite-Multiscale-Weakness Policy
    Dragon Dance
    Extremespeed
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

Corviknight-Pressure-Rocky Helmet
    Iron Defense
    Roost
    Body Press
    Iron Head

Gyarados-Moxie-Lum Berry
    Dragon Dance
    Substitute
    Waterfall
    Earthquake

The match starts with Emolga trying to status and baton pass double team + agility into a bulky Talonflame with Bulk Up, Roost, and Leftovers. Hawlucha comes out next on the, assumedly, rock type you used to beat Talonflame and is just here to get off damage fast. Next is Dragonite, turn one, DD because it lives anything besides a crit Ice Beam, pretty much. Emolga will either Baton Pass into Talonflame or Dragonite depending on who matches up better with the Pokemon currently in. Corviknight comes out late to be tanky and Pressure stall because your Pokemon are probably pretty weak by this point and DD, Sub, Moxie Gyarados to come finish off the game!

I want this matchup to be really hard, having to earn your way into the elite four instead of coasting in like we do nowadays. If this gym is entirely under my control, there is also a level 60 cap and all of my mons are 55-59 with Gyarados being level 60 as my ace (if you bring in overleveled Pokemon, they just get set to level 60). You are rewarded with either Roost or Brave Bird and you have to beat me again if you want the other TM.

The gym would be in a forest and it would be a zip-line maze with 3 unavoidable and 2 option trainers.

Unavoidable trainer 1: Swellow, Tropius, Pelipper
    Unavoidable trainer 2: Noctowl, Xatu, Crobat (Birdkeeper Roni)
    Unavoidable trainer 3: Dodrio, Pidgeot, Charizard
    Optional trainer 1: Emolga, Sigilyph, Swoobat
    Optional trainer 2: Togekiss, Drifblim, Staraptor

Maybe I'll make sets for these too eventually.

just noticed that your gym trainers have all of their pokemon from 1 region.

Unavoidable trainer 1 has Hoenn birds, 2 has Johto birds, 3 has Kanto birds, optional trainder has Unova birds and 2 has Sinnoh birds....

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Your team is like competing in showdown or any competitive games ...... mostly your because of your items like ASSAULT VEST,HEAVY-DUTY BOOTS,AND LIGHT CLAY.....

Bro, that's not even competitve stuff, most competitive teams would use weather, terrain, baton pass, weakness policy, etc.

She just put some items... but I get your point...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd pick a Water type gym. Though, I'd like to make things a little more "extra".

Instead of going with a generic building with some arbitrary puzzle elements and random trainers I'd set up an entire island. Fights take a back seat, in fact people would only fight a single battle at the end. Everything else is about solving water themes puzzles as a means to get further into exploring the island. Puzzles ranging from simple surfing tasks, waterfall climbing, but also water carrying, watery illusion "magic", maybe some water level raising/lowering, a rainbow puzzle etc. Goal would be to get to the top of a giant tower right in the middle of the island.

There'll also be rain. It will ultimately culminate into the final battle where the challenger has to fight a party build around rain.

Pokemon I could see being used:
    - Pelipper
    - Gastrodon
    - Gyarados
    - Azumarill
    - Kingdra
    - Manaphy

Years
  • A Steel and Fire type fusion Gym; my battle will be a double battle

Aegislash (Ace Pokemon)
    Stance Change-Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - King's Shield
    - Iron Head
    - Shadow Sneak

Bisharp
    Defiant-Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Night Slash
    - Sucker Punch
    - Protect

Escavalier
    Overcoat-Assault Vest
    - X-Scissor
    - Iron Head
    - Close Combat
    - Drill Run

Salazzle
    Corrosion-Life Orb
    - Toxic
    - Venoshock
    - Flamethrower
    - Protect

Volcarona
    Flame Body-Heavy Duty Boots
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Heat Wave
    - Giga Drain

Pyroar
    Unnerve-Charcoal
    - Sunny Day
    - Flamethrower
    - Hyper Voice
    - Solar Beam

Most of the Pokemon on my team are male with the exception of Salazzle, who is female (her species is female only)

My gym leader outfit: Blacksmith attire (white t shirt and blue jeans) with a smock and welding goggles

My gym badge: A large hex nut with a flame in the center

If the player defeats me, I will reward him/her with the TR Iron Head and TM Flamethrower

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'd be a Poison-type Gym Leader, with a bit of an Electric touch.

I'd make my gym inspired by a waste-to-energy plant, full of conveyor belts and to-be-recycled trash. Expect to encounter some wild Grimer and Muk along the way.

Here's what my team would be (alongside an explanation of what each one would do):

Galarian Weezing
    Spoiler:

Alolan Muk
    Spoiler:

Roserade
    Spoiler:

Heliolisk
    Spoiler:

Galarian Slowbro
    Spoiler:

Charjabug
    Spoiler:

So you've beaten me? Congratulations. Here's an Energy Badge (which kinda looks like a purple lightbulb) and TMs for Sludge Bomb and Wild Charge.

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • It was tough trying to decide between Rock and Bug. Bug is my favourite type but Rock is my 2nd favourite and has my two favourite Pokemon in, but I decided on Rock for me.

The Gym

Spoiler:

The Team

Spoiler:

Post Gym Battle

Spoiler:

Years
  • I was thinking about being A Grass Type Gym Leader which would allow me to include my fav stater line that I love the Turtwig line and some other Grass Starters but if I left starters out I would be a Bug Type Gym Leader, not the only type I was thinking of example Electric, Flying or Ice might have been cool but I love Yanmega and there is a lot more Bug Type Pokemon I like that are not duel Flying types and some loss the Bug type when they evolve which means I wont be able to pick out of all bug looking Pokemon and my fav fossil's the Lileep line are not bug types so I will pick a different Fossil Pokemon so overall I am gonna stick with Bug Type Pokemon that may have secondary types :)

1 Kricketune
    2 Parasect
    3 Ninjask
    4 Yanmega
    5 Golisopod
    6 Armaldo

I love that a lot of people have gone into detail about moves , look of the gym and even dialog ect so I might have a go at that but I wont include everything yet cause I am not sure or want to think about some things more before deciding.

I think my Gym will be in a room to stay warm but like have jungle and other natural elements like palm trees, bushes ect , maby there are different levels (like in the Amazon RainForest) you have to fly to on a Bug Type Pokemon.

The badge would be called The Compound Badge like insect Compound eyes especially with Yanmega and the DragonFlies its based on :)

Probs the 4th or 5th Gym in the region :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Years
  • I was thinking about being A Grass Type Gym Leader which would allow me to include my fav stater line that I love the Turtwig line and some other Grass Starters but if I left starters out I would be a Bug Type Gym Leader, not the only type I was thinking of example Electric, Flying or Ice might have been cool but I love Yanmega and there is a lot more Bug Type Pokemon I like that are not duel Flying types and some loss the Bug type when they evolve which means I wont be able to pick out of all bug looking Pokemon and my fav fossil's the Lileep line are not bug types so I will pick a different Fossil Pokemon so overall I am gonna stick with Bug Type Pokemon that may have secondary types :)

1 Kricketune
    2 Parasect
    3 Ninjask
    4 Yanmega
    5 Golisopod
    6 Armaldo

I love that a lot of people have gone into detail about moves , look of the gym and even dialog ect so I might have a go at that but I wont include everything yet cause I am not sure or want to think about some things more before deciding.

I think my Gym will be in a room to stay warm but like have jungle and other natural elements like palm trees, bushes ect , maby there are different levels (like in the Amazon RainForest) you have to fly to on a Bug Type Pokemon.

The badge would be called The Compound Badge like insect Compound eyes especially with Yanmega and the DragonFlies its based on :)

Probs the 4th or 5th Gym in the region :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Seeing Kricktune here is super cool! He's really underrated and I think could use a boost or something. Glad to see people who like it :D

Years
  • hey , how are you :)

I am glad you liked my Kricketune pick I dont really hear anyone like that Pokemon or its line in general, its not the best but I think its interesting you know a little music bug is cool and the cry is memorable and interesting/comforting :)

I see on your profile you've posted like thousands of messages over the years :) and I am quite new here so I dont know where to begin as in places you've commented and the topics ect I bet there is lots of interesting discussions you've had so mayby we could pick a Pokemon related topic to talk about and mayby its a interesting discussion for others :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Definitely Dark-type, no questions asked!

And because in my head canon Gym Leaders do have at least eight teams and pick depending on how many badges the challenger has, here are my 8 variations, in team slot order:

1st Badge + TM95 Snarl -

2nd Badge + TM95 Snarl -

3rd Badge + TM95 Snarl -

4th Badge + TM95 Snarl -

5th Badge + TM95 Snarl -

6th Badge + TM97 Dark Pulse -

7th Badge + TM97 Dark Pulse -

8th Badge + TM97 Dark Pulse -

Post-game rematch team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • i'd either be Dragon, Fairy, or Grass.

Dragon Team (5th gym leader)
    Dragonair (level 37, has ability Marvel Scale) @ Focus Sash. moves: Slam, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Dragon Pulse
    Gabite (level 37, has ability Rough Skin) @ Oran Berry. moves: Bulldoze, Bite, Slash, Twister
    Noibat (level 38, has ability Infiltrator) moves: Air Cutter, Air Slash, Outrage, Dragon Rush
    Vibrava (level 39, has ability Levitate) moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Bug Buzz, Earth Power
    Flapple (level 39, has ability Ripen) @ Sitrus Berry. moves: Wing Attack, Grav Apple, Dragon Dance, Dragon Breath
    Mega Altaria (level 40, has Pixilate after mega evolution, Natural Cure before mega) @ Altarianite. moves: Dragon Pulse, Fury Attack, Cotton Guard, Dragon Claw

Fairy Team (gym leader 1)
    Swirlix (level 11, has Sweet Veil) moves: Tackle, Fairy Wind, Light Screen
    Ralts (level 13, has Synchronize) moves: Disarming Voice, Confusion, Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam

Grass Team (gym leader 8)
    Sceptile (level 48, has ability Overgrow) @ Aguav Berry. moves: Giga Drain, Double Team, Leaf Blade, Leech Seed
    Roserade (level 50, has Poison Point) @ Meadow Plate. moves: Toxic, Absorb, Growth, Razor Leaf
    Leafeon (level 50, has Chlorophyll) moves: Razor Leaf, Sunny Day, Leaf Blade, Fake Tears
    Lurantis (level 51, has Leaf Guard) @ Eject Pack. moves: Petal Blizzard, X-Scissor, Worry Seed, Grassy Terrain
    Verizion (level 52, has Justified) moves: Take Down, Sacred Sword, Energy Ball, Giga Drain
    Abomasnow (level 52, has Snow Warning) @ occa berry. moves: Mist, Ice Punch, Wood Hammer, Giga Drain

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • Either Water or Bug. I'm gonna also use the "8 variations" option.

Water:
    Gym 1: Buizel (Level 13), Marill (Level 11)
    Gym 2: Buizel (Level 17), Azumarill (Level 19)
    Gym 3: Buizel (Level 24), Drednaw (Level 25), Azumarill (Level 26)
    Gym 4: Floatzel (Level 29), Drednaw (Level 30), Gyarados (Level 30), Azumarill (Level 31)
    Gym 5: Floatzel (Level 34), Drednaw (Level 35), Gyarados (Level 35), Azumarill (Level 36)
    Gym 6: Floatzel (Level 39), Drednaw (Level 40), Gyarados (Level 40), Azumarill (Level 41)
    Gym 7: Floatzel (Level 44), Drednaw (Level 44), Gyarados (Level 44), Golisopod (Level 45), Azumarill (Level 46)
    Gym 8: Floatzel (Level 49), Drednaw (Level 50), Gyarados (Level 50), Golisopod (Level 50), Azumarill (Level 51)
    Post-Game: Floatzel (Level 60), Drednaw (Level 60), Gyarados (Level 60), Golisopod (Level 60), Ludicolo (Level 60), Azumarill (Level 60)

Bug:
    Gym 1: Ledyba (Level 11), Beedrill (Level 13)
    Gym 2: Ledian (Level 18), Beedrill (Level 19)
    Gym 3: Ledian (Level 24), Beedrill (Level 25), Heracross (Level 26)
    Gym 4: Ribombee (Level 29), Scyther (Level 30), Beedrill (Level 30), Heracross (Level 31)
    Gym 5: Ribombee (Level 34), Scyther (Level 35), Beedrill (Level 35), Heracross (Level 36)
    Gym 6: Vespiquen (Level 39), Scizor (Level 40), Beedrill (Level 40), Heracross (Level 41)
    Gym 7: Vikavolt (Level 44), Vespiquen (Level 44), Scizor (Level 44), Beedrill (Level 44), Heracross (Level 46)
    Gym 8: Vikavolt (Level 50), Vespiquen (Level 50), Scizor (Level 50), Beedrill (Level 50), Heracross (Level 51)
    Post-Game: Vikavolt (Level 60), Vespiquen (Level 60), Scizor (Level 60), Beedrill (Level 60), Volcarona (Level 60), Heracross (Level 60)

Years
  • Ice:
    Alolan Ninetales
    Walrein
    Crabominable (I hate it appearance wise, but its type combo is useful)
    Frosslass
    Zen Mode Galar Darmanitan
    Glaceon

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Either Ice or Bug. Ice is my favorite type to use in-game and I really like taking pics of insects (especially moths and caterpillars) IRL.

ICE GYM

Initial battle: Wartortle, Sneasel, Frosmoth

Rematch: Wartortle, Weavile, Frosmoth, Glaceon, Froslass, Alolan Sandslash

Wartortle is currently my favorite Pokémon, Sneasel's part cat, and Frosmoth a moth—three of my favorite things! Wartortle would know Ice Beam to make it fit and would hold Eviolite during rematches.

BUG GYM

Initial battle: Mothim, Dunsparce, Shedinja

Rematch: Mothim, Dunsparce, Shedinja, Flygon, Frosmoth, Volcarona

If you couldn't tell by now, I like when Gym Leaders use off-type Pokémon (as long as they make sense). Flygon is based on an insect and Dunsparce somewhat resembles a hornworm and draws partial inspiration from bees. (As a reference to my favorite moth, the rosy maple moth, my Dunsparce may be Shiny.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    I hate the single type gym leaders, so Imma be a Dual type gym leader. (assuming I'm the last gym leader) I would be an Electric/Steel type Leader, giving the Mecha Badge. The Gym challenge would have the player scaling up a large tower, Using Elevators, fixing lights to progress (or just go through in the dark) The trainers you could end up fighting would have Pokémon around Level 45-50, Items would be hidden in dark corners and eventually the player reaches my Office.

When the player enters, I open with "Took you long enough, wait, you're not the handyman!, oh right, gym challenger, alright, I'll make this quick." And I lead with Galvantula, setting up Sticky Web and Electric Terrain, then they start hitting the opponent with Strong Electric Moves. Next up is Lanturn, who is mainly there to deal with pesky fire types that swapped in to deal with Galvantula. After that Lucario comes out, and is there to Aura sphere Steel Types that tried to body my previous Electric Types, A simple strong attacker! Magnezone is my second to last Pokémon, and is a total beast. Flash Cannon and Discharge are my Main moves, with Body Slam and Substitute as Secondary moves that I use less. My Last Pokémon, The final Gym Pokémon in the Gym Challenge, is my Ace, Scizor.

It's main ability is Technician, running Bullet Punch, Dual Wingbeat, Superpower, and Swords Dance. It holds a Liechi Berry, and can easily out speed and Sweep whatever is left of the Opponent's Team. My winning remarks are: "Comeback later bud, and make sure you tell mark that he's late to Fix these Lights!" and my losing remarks are: "Dang, pretty impressive lil' buddy, not many of you challengers have made it past me." All of my Pokémon are level 54-55 with Scizor being Level 60. My Gym name is the Mechahead Gym, and my badge is called the Technician Badge, and I give the TM for Bullet Punch.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I would be a ground type gym leader with a hiking trail themed gym! You'd have to switch from trail to trail in order to avoid gym trainers. If I was the seventh gym leader, my team would be something like this:

- Runegrigrus, LV 37
    - Camerupt, LV 37
    - Torterra, LV 38
    - Mamoswine LV 38
    - Krookodile LV 40

Back