• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most hype moment

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Was there ever a moment in the game that you were so happy that you screamed and wanted to do a somersault!! For example, maybe you beat Ghetsis with your level 5 togepi or maybe you caught that super challenging Darkrai.

Years
  • I remember years ago I took on Lance in SS with a super underlevelled team (due to my childish idiocy) and somehow managed to beat him after many resets, it's fair to say i was pretty hyped haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I started a new game on Y recently and I was walking through that Zubat part of the Connecting Cave when my first encounter was a shiny Zubat. I sat there for a few seconds so confused at how I'd literally just walked into a random shiny against the odds. Safe to say I was extremely happy as Crobat is one of my favourites!

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Encountering my first shiny pokemon was that kind of a moment! I had no idea that even I could have that kind of luck. This is also related to shinies but it was wonderful when I had caught two shinies of the pokemon my best friend loves so I could give him the another one. Needless to say he was pleased with it.
    Catching Lunala in a moon ball on the first try was such a cheerful moment as well. I had reserved that ball just for Lunala so I was super glad my plan had worked!

Years
  • That time I caught a Legendary, don't remember which, with a single pokeball. Had me like NANI!!!?!??

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • You'd think it would be when I found my first ever Shiny - A Green Eyed Golett in Gen 6 which is now a Shiny Golurk and will be travelling to Alola when Bank opens. I started playing in Gen 1 and had never found a Shiny until then but...

But my most hyped moment was catching a Shiny Petilil on a chain of just 2 on Alpha Sapphire. Lilligant is my favourite Pokemon and I was overjoyed to obtain a Shiny one. She is now Level 100 and has multiple ribbons including all Contest Ribbons. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Dunno about most hyped, but I just recently had something happen that certainly was not expected whatsoever.

I basically wanted to SR Tapu Lele with a Modest Nature. So with a fainted Modest/Synchronize Abra at the front of the party I initiated the fight, paralyzed it, weakened it a bit, threw a ball and caught it immediately. As I checked, it was Modest and had perfect IVs in SpA and Spe; right on my first attempt.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I can name several:
    - Becoming the champion in Emerald.
    - Encountering my first ever shiny which was a Whismur in Emerald.
    - Completing the national pokedex for the first time in Pearl.
    - Getting a shiny Tyrogue from a Pokeradar chain of 1 without even trying.
    - Getting a shiny Charmander in FireRed from soft resetting.
    - Getting shiny Mewtwo in FireRed after only 98 soft resets.

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
  • Seems like shinies are the main thing here, and mine won't be much different :p
    Mine is actually very similar to AliceBlaze's.

1. Beating Wallace in Emerald. This was the first time I ever beat a champion, and pretty much all I had was my Blaziken so it was HARD.
    2. Deciding to go "look for a shiny" in SoulSilver and getting a shiny Ditto within 10 full odds encounters. I still don't believe it to this day.
    3. Completing the National Dex in Black. Figures that the game immediately after introduces the Shiny Charm...
    3. Hatching my shiny Litten after over 900 eggs...
    4. Soft resetting for a shiny Heatran and finally getting it
    5. Chaining my first poke radar shiny after like 5 years of wanting to, a Shinx (that was yesterday :D)

Last edited:

Owlet

Look for hope, it's searching for you.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 12, 2017
    I remember years ago I took on Lance in SS with a super underlevelled team (due to my childish idiocy) and somehow managed to beat him after many resets, it's fair to say i was pretty hyped haha.
    Yes, this! I did the same thing and only got through because of Gengar's destiny bond attack.. Close battles like that are great.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I found a shiny Sandile the other day while trekking through Haina Desert to find some good natured Pokémon to raise competitively, while completing the Alola Dex at the same time.

Can't believe how easy it is to get your very own shiny nowadays.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Defeating Cynthia's Garchomp for the first time! It was my first time playing a Pokemon game and I was 8 years old. I had a team of three Pokemon and a Giratina which I hadn't even trained. For some reason, I could never get past her Garchomp and this frustrated me to no end. On my fifteenth reset, Cynthia's Garchomp used Dragon Rush instead of Earthquake on my Empoleon. I was then able to kill it with an Ice Beam. Needless to say, I punched the air and did a victory lap around the room afterwards. I was super happy. :D

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • I never had much luck with roaming Legendaries. So when I had my sights on a Latios in Soul Silver, I decided to try to catch it. With the help of a Choice Scarf Masquerain Stun Sporing it on a different encounter with it, I used my Wobuffet's Ability to try to catch it. After a long time (and I mean REALLY long), I finally got it to stay in an Ultra Ball. Needless to say, ten-year-old me was excited as heck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I came across a shiny Relicanth in x. I think I was chaining? It's honestly been a second I can't remember but that was the first shiny I ever caught or even had paper in front of me in a game. WILD YALL

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My first shiny was a shiny Usaring in SS. Would have been gyarados if I had known that normal gyarados were blue, but I had never seen a gyarados before and passed it off as a normal pokemon :p

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • When my friend and I saw all the mega's leaked back in Gen 6.....
    We scream, I push the table, and he bite me :o We were crazy hahaha.

And then we saw Mega Heracross.... silence, and then laughing so loud!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Maybe a couple. A lot of them are RNG related.

• Reading on the news about the Gen 3 remakes. Heck, a friend of mine was to thank for spilling me the news and I got a 3DS so i can have either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    • Playing the entirety of Gold as a kid, like revisting Kanto for the first time in Gen2. I was a young whipper snapper back in the day whose source of entertainment was a gameboy color.
    • Getting an Adamant Torchic after just one SR in Alpha Sapphire. RNG was kind to me that day
    • Finally experiencing the infamous Missingno glitches. While not exactly RNG related, encountering a missingno was dependent on how you named your player character.

Back