• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Reaction: IF there were no new megas in Sun and Moon

Years
  • Megas may not be separate species but we never got rid of baby pre-evolutions. And it would be a waste of Designs. To be more practical, maybe 15 new Megas and 145 new Pokémon

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    I'd find it a considerable lack of effort, unless they suppressed it to simplify the metagame, it depends of the situation.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • They'll probably go all out with the Megas this time around. They've been slowly introducing them to us as if to see what's our reaction to them. They've grown very popular. It'd be silly to not come out with new ones now.

Years
  • On one hand I think megas are annoying and they force you now to keep one on your team to keep up with everyone else, but on the other hand I think they are a great way of reintroducing/fixing outdated/sucky Pokemon and/or giving them the love they need without an evolution.

The bad thing is is that if a mega sucks, you're better off not using it. So it's pretty weird.

I'd personally be disappointed but I wouldn't be in outrage. That would probably give them more time to focus on better Pokemon designs. But I'm also looking forward to Mega Dunsparce, so hey.

Years
  • They'll probably go all out with the Megas this time around. They've been slowly introducing them to us as if to see what's our reaction to them. They've grown very popular. It'd be silly to not come out with new ones now.

I agree. Mega Evolutions have become recognized as a great addition to the series, even if the mixed reactions happened when they were first revealed. OR/AS had a lot of really powerful Megas, and the mechanic in general has changed Pokemon viability in competitive as we know it, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sun & Moon were to go even further with the Megas.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • I have the same opinion for megas as I do for character customization. Though it is a nice feature, if for whatever reason it wasn't included in these games, that would only mean that the game will be improved in other areas, which I would appreciate.

grassdragon

Grass Lover!
    Years
  • It wouldn't bother me a bit. Megas are an interesting concept however some of them are just too ridiculous. I only have one that I even use and that's Mega Lopunny and that is simply because I love Lopunny. I loved it before the Mega was revealed. I would much rather have 100+ new Pokemon and Evolutions/PreEvolutions for existing Pokemon.

That being said, I do believe they will reveal new Megas.
    As for Flygon.....if they have finally gotten over there artist's block for its design, we may very well get a Mega Flygon.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Would be impressed, and pretty happy. On top of the dex of Pokemon I have to remember, now there are temporary mega evolutions I have to remember too... It's annoying. I got my fill of mega evolution in ORAS and XY.

But, I'm 99% sure that megas and mega stones will play a huge role in the plot of SM so I won't get my hopes up.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I wouldnt really mind having a few new megas introduced in every gen, at least maybe for starters? But completely ditching them? Id be pretty disappointed and might be upset enough to rant for a bit, especially if that meant getting rid of previous ones. Im also wary about adding too many new Pokemon soon seeing as we are already over 700 which Im fine with but other people seem to be getting a bit worried that there are too many Pokemon. (How is that even a sentrence?) I personally dont see them getting rid of megas anyhow, but just a couple Megas for probably some that need them(maybe Eevee as the normal type evo lol jk and Flygon?) and also going back to cross gen evos. I personally am looking forward to filling up all types with Eeveelutions but other Pokemon do still need them.

((Also im hoping theres megas for Arcanine, Garboder, Clefable, Raichu, Honchkrow, Swellow, Mew?, Shaymin, Sandslash, the Nidos, and/or Rhyperior. I know thats probably too much to hope for but I cant wait to see if we get any of them. ^^))

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
    Years
  • I wouldn't be too bummed, but looking at the stories of X/Y and ORAS, it's unlikely that Mega Evolutions won't be involved in some way, if not a major way.

Still, it would be cool to see megas for a bunch of Pokemon already mentioned that don't have them, and I'll still be praying for a mega Electivire :P

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I sincerely see a Mega Pikachu.
    Megas are only on fully evolved Pokemon though, and Pikachu's a NFE.

What I imagine they'll do someday though is give Pikachu it's own special form that shoots its BST up to like 800 and gives it an asinine ability and it won't need a hold item either or something.

d

I'd be thrilled. I am not a fan of mega evolution at all. Keeping the amount of them to a minimum would be great.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Megas are only on fully evolved Pokemon though, and Pikachu's a NFE.

What I imagine they'll do someday though is give Pikachu it's own special form that shoots its BST up to like 800 and gives it an asinine ability and it won't need a hold item either or something.

Still, we shouldn't rule out the possibility. Pikachu is their flagship Pokemon and giving it a competitive edge would be pretty cool. Plus it would go well with the anime.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • It wouldn't disappoint me but I'm hoping for 2nd/4th gen starter mega's since we have got 1st/3rd gen start mega's so far.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    It would be really neat if they gave mega forms to some less popular/more forgettable/not as relevant Pokémon. So far, a good deal of the megas belong to Pokémon that are either fan favorites or already powerful enough (or, in some cases, actual legendaries and pseudolegendaries.)

There are some exceptions, like Abomasnow and Ampharos, but the Pokémon that really need them are ones like Maractus, Garbodor and Luvdisc who really are practically never used by anybody.

Back