• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on the 7th Gen shinies

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
  • Wouldn't you still see the sparkles though? Or the shiny symbol if you breed for a shiny.
    Still clever though!

Also, cutieflys shiny is my favorite, I think it suits it great!

I doubt it will do the sparkle. Maybe it'll do it when the shell breaks? That would be cool.

As for hatching one, I doubt it matters. The whole point of it seems to be for a surprise in wild encounters.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like how at least most of the shinies are very different from the original, not too many of the one-shade-off shinies in this gen.

That said, all of the Pokemon I wanna use have amazing shinies - Popplio's final evo, Ribombee, Tsareena, and Oricorio Sensu style. Shiny Mimikyu looks pretty cool, it reminds me of the grayscale RB games in a way. I'm definitely gonna be doing a lot of shiny hunting in these games.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I think shiny Sandygast is my favourite, I find it so much cuter than the normal one, but that's maybe because I spent my summers around black sanded beaches so it just looks more natural than the yellow one to me xD

Years
  • Just something I noticed on this wondering if you knew anything about it.
    Mimikyu has 2 different sprites, standing and leaning backwards. Any idea why?

That leaning sprite of Mimikyu is what it becomes after its Disguise ability is broken.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • If we haven't seen what Diglett is like underground, and if we haven't seen what Forretress' real body is like (ditto for Tangela/Tangrowth), then I doubt we're going to see Mimikyu's real body. :<

Speaking of Mimikyu, I have mixed feelings about its shiny sprite. I wish it didn't look depressing. D:

I see your point, but I feel like they're different cases. Diglett/Dugtrio is a mole like Pokemon only its head comes out of the ground, so it's all we need to see. Fortress, Tangela, Tangrowth what we see is them, Fortress just has a shell, and the others grow vines like hair.

Mimikya however is wearing a costume so people will like it, and be its friend.
    I'm just interested in what it looks like, why would I not be its friend without the costume?
    Mimikya has the potential still to be anything. I dunno, it makes the most sense to me out of the listed Pokemon, to have a body reveal

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Shiny Bruxish is just all Christmas explosion in there.

Favorite shinies include:
    Rowlet: Now in evergreen forests. It's coloration is just really pleasant and makes sense.

Oricorio: All of it's shinies are beautiful and perfect.

Mimikyu: So much more depressing than normal Mimikyu, which makes me feel like I need to catch it more.

Salandit: It looks amazing and gorgeous.

Sandyghast/Palossand: Black sand castles for volcanic black sand beaches.

Pyukumuku: It's a sea cucumber and cucumbers are green.

Morelull: A brown, earthy mushroom color looks nice.

Alolan Raichu: It actually looks different from it's non-shiny form, which is great, also, brown looks really nice on it.

Alolan Meowth: Blue just makes it look more snazzy, and it also looks more like a dark type.

Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o: I actually really like these two's shiny form. It seems really sunny to me. Kommo-o, on the other hand, is just really ugly and unpleasant to look at.

Worst shinies:
    Kommo-o: See above.

Litten line: Ugly. Red/orange and white do not look good together. They could have reversed it's normal coloration or chosen a color besides red to go with the white. This just seems like a missed oppurrtunity.

Komala: That's literally a non-shiny Komala holding a pillow.

Everything that barely changes; especially Marshadow and Normal Magearna.

Bounsweet line: It's coloring just doesn't make any sense. It's a fruit, so it's leaves change? There were so many better things they could have done.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • I really want a shiny Rowlet, but I'm not willing to soft reset for one, haha. I also really like Alolan Raichu, Alolan Vulpix-Ninetails, all of the dancing birds who's name escapes me, Wimpod's evolution, the sea urchin, Lurantis, Tsareena, Stufful, Morelull...

I'll stop. I like a ton of them. ;A;

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like the shiny Vikavolt C:

The shiny Occorico are nice too!
    Ribombee look so autumnal hehe, same for Morelull
    Rockruff's line isn't bad either.
    Salandit my sweet baby is cute too, but I think I prefer in back.
    Palossand. A black shiny is never bad.
    Togedemaru is sweet in pink!

As for the star meteor Pokemon (I don't remember the name), well it's gonna be hard to know if you have a shiny!! :o

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I think the Rowlett family have the best looking shinies out of the starters.
    I love the colours on the shiny toucan's beak.
    I like the shade of purple on Yungoos.
    Shiny Gumshoos reminds me of shiny Lopunny.
    I didn't expect shiny Rockruff and Lycanroc to be blue. It makes them look even less like Rock types.
    If it weren't for the log it's holding, Komala would be just like Garchomp in terms of shiny form.
    I like how shiny Mimikyu has a monochrome palette like on a Gameboy.
    It kinda bothers me how shiny Solgaleo and Lunala are both red even though their normal forms are different colours.
    Shiny Alolan Ninetales looks almost exactly as I pictured it.
    I love the shade of purple on shiny Alolan Marowak's body.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    The new shinies look awesome in my opinion. I can't wait to go shiny hunting!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Need:
    All Oricorio forms--especially Flamenco!!
    The Entire Cutiefly Line™
    Salandit (not the evolution, though...)
    sand
    The legendaries (which are probably gonna all be shiny-locked . . . . . . . )
    Alolan Raichu
    and maybe others but not as much as the above

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Aren't too many ugly ones out there! I wish Lurantis was a different color, however... I vastly prefer the pink to the green. The only ones I'm not really a fan of are Alola Raichu, Graveller, Golem, Meowth line, Dugtrio line. Huh, mostly Kanto Pokemon.

Years
  • I noticed how much Midnight Lycanroc's shiny reminds me of Sonic's Werehog form from Sonic Unleashed. Funny when you consider that game also had a day and night theme to it.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • The Litten line looks candy cane-themed XD

I love Lunala and Drampa the most. Not too crazy for the Jangmo-o line's shinies though.

Back