• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I set the name of the Max Move animation below but Max Move animation did not work.
    Move:MAXLIGHTNING
    OppMove:MAXLIGHTNING

Did you compile the moves again?
    If you've just made the animations and tested them right after, then the game doesn't know you have them (it's a bit complicated, but the compiler associates moves with animations and stores the association in a file that the Animation Editor doesn't edit).
    Add a space to moves.txt for example, and delete it (do not CTRL+Z) and start the game again from RPG Maker.

PS: If you're interested in making animations, I suggest you see this topic. We're currently making animations for Gen 8 moves, and Max/Z-moves are the next step.
    Animations are kinda off-topic in the thread for ZUD ^^"

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Sorry for bothering, but may I ask for some help?

I've installed all twelve scripts and made all changes to other scripts as as told in the installation guide. Everything works for the most part but once a pokemon tries to use a move I get this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `battler' for #<PokeBattle_Move_Z000:0xec4a7c8>

Backtrace:
    Move_Usage_Calculations:490:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
    Move_Usage_Calculations:263:in `pbCalcDamage'
    Battler_UseMove:660:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    Battler_UseMove:652:in `each'
    Battler_UseMove:652:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    Battler_UseMove:442:in `_ZUD_pbUseMove'
    Battler_UseMove:435:in `each'
    Battler_UseMove:435:in `_ZUD_pbUseMove'
    04_Battle_Effects:545:in `pbUseMove'
    05_Move_Data:129:in `pbUse'

I have Gen 8 project installed so I think that's why it says 18.1.dev.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Sorry for bothering, but may I ask for some help?

I've installed all twelve scripts and made all changes to other scripts as as told in the installation guide. Everything works for the most part but once a pokemon tries to use a move I get this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1.dev]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `battler' for #<PokeBattle_Move_Z000:0xec4a7c8>

Backtrace:
    Move_Usage_Calculations:490:in `pbCalcDamageMultipliers'
    Move_Usage_Calculations:263:in `pbCalcDamage'
    Battler_UseMove:660:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    Battler_UseMove:652:in `each'
    Battler_UseMove:652:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    Battler_UseMove:442:in `_ZUD_pbUseMove'
    Battler_UseMove:435:in `each'
    Battler_UseMove:435:in `_ZUD_pbUseMove'
    04_Battle_Effects:545:in `pbUseMove'
    05_Move_Data:129:in `pbUse'

I have Gen 8 project installed so I think that's why it says 18.1.dev.

Yes, Gen 8 Project is v18.1.dev.
    I don't see the error in my scripts. Can you post the code of the whole function pbCalcDamageMultipliers please?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    Yes. Here it is. This should be all of it.

Spoiler:

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Yes. Here it is. This should be all of it.

Spoiler:

The error is that, at the end of the function, you installed some script that is supposed to be elsewhere. This part:
    Code:
        #===========================================================================
        # Max Raids - Prevents capture of Raid Pokemon until it's defeated. (ZUD)
        return if pbRaidCaptureFail(battler,ball)
        # Calculate the number of shakes (4=capture)
    should be in the function:
    Code:
      def pbThrowPokeBall(idxBattler,ball,rareness=nil,showPlayer=false)
    in the file PokeBattle_Battle_Commmon.
    The rest:
    Code:
        # Max Raids - Reduces damage while behind a Raid Shield. (ZUD)
        pbCalcRaidShieldDamage(target,multipliers)
    is in the right place.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Ok, so I checked the Modular Pause Menu plugin.
    In fact, it does use the SAFARISTEPS constant, but it's hidden in the file Data/Plugins/MODMN.rxdata. This file contains one script. I suggest you revert your changes, as it is bad practice to modify the whole project just to match an outdated version of a plugin, because it will endanger compatibility with future scripts, so I propose you do this instead:
    1. Rename your file Scripts.rxdata to Scripts_TEMP.rxdata.
    2. Rename your file MODMN.rxdata to MODMN_OLD.rxdata.
    3. Copy your file MODMN_OLD.rxdata to your Data folder (the folder where Scripts_TEMP.rxdata is).
    4. Rename the file MODMN_OLD (the one in the Data folder, not in the Plugins folder) to Scripts.rxdata.
    5. Open RPG Maker, open the script editor. If you did everything right, you will see only one script called Modular Menu.
    6. In this script, replace SAFARISTEPS with SAFARI_STEPS.
    7. Now, save your project, and close RPG Maker.
    8. Rename the current Scripts.rxdata to MODMN.rxdata, and put it back in the Plugins folder.
    9. Rename your old file Scripts_TEMP.rxdata to Scripts.rxdata

The SAFARISTEPS bug should be solved now.

As for your other problem, I think you should make a topic in the Pokémon Essentials forum.

PS: It is also bad practice to modify a plugin that's not yours, but eh, we're fangame-devs.
    When I installed the weather encounter script
    Iget this error
    Script '311' line Weather: NameError occured.

uninitialized constant PBFieldWeather::Ash
    The script can be found her:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429803
    I i stalled both weather and weather encounter script

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Did you compile the moves again?
    If you've just made the animations and tested them right after, then the game doesn't know you have them (it's a bit complicated, but the compiler associates moves with animations and stores the association in a file that the Animation Editor doesn't edit).
    Add a space to moves.txt for example, and delete it (do not CTRL+Z) and start the game again from RPG Maker.

PS: If you're interested in making animations, I suggest you see this topic. We're currently making animations for Gen 8 moves, and Max/Z-moves are the next step.
    Animations are kinda off-topic in the thread for ZUD ^^"

Iget this error

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    What do you call "Max Raid Den animation"?

Sorry for my bad english.
    What I wanted was to activate Max Ride Den once and the red beam would come out of the den glowing. after battle a Pokemon in Max Ride Den that den glow completely diminishes and turns black like Pokemon swsh

Years
    • Seen today
    Iget this error

Why are you asking about issues with a different script here? This thread is about the ZUD Plugin. Go to that thread if you have an issue with that script.

What I wanted was to activate Max Ride Den once and the red beam would come out of the den glowing. after battle a Pokemon in Max Ride Den that den glow completely diminishes and turns black like Pokemon swsh
    This thread is about features that are provided by the ZUD Plugin, not helping you create your own custom features.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Iget this error

Why are you asking about issues with a different script here? This thread is about the ZUD Plugin. Go to that thread if you have an issue with that script.

+1
    I didn't reply because I saw him ask the question in the right place.

This is probably something you can do with an event. Change the Graphics of your Max Raid event depending on its Event switch.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I got the ZUD plugin to work, but I have one question. How do I give my pokemon the g-max factor?

There is a function giveGMaxFactor. You can make an item that gives the gmax factor if the Species can have it.

Back