• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Ok David =p

I'm not willing to accept that it's gone permanently, though; I think the mods should at least get together to weigh options for a stricter rep system before we completely bury it...there are a lot of members who weren't exactly responsible but liked the rep system and were, for all intents and purposes, innocent of any true wrongdoing =D For all the problems with it I still saw its main purpose as a morale booster rather than a serious means of ranking one's goodness and nobility among his peers.

*big essay coming later*

AcCiDeNT

Years
It's stupid to turn off rep, if people abuse it, who cares? it happens, alot of people aren't happy about this, and I think you guys should reconsider... I don't think it was a smart move on your part to take rep away... I mean, the people that weren't abusing it are getting punished for something that they didn't do, so screw you guys, I'm leaving o.O

Guest123_x1

I think it'd be best not to bring it back. The trolls on here will more than likely abuse it again.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
This may be from a bias POV but just my opinion...

I'm sure that if the members had a say in this and not only the mods, there would definately be an opposition to the rep descision.
There were many useless CQ&F thread, but who ever really told them to stop? The no closing in CQ&F (which I read) doesn't help much, it just makes it so people cant tell what they posted wasn't wrong because it wasn't locked.

Just my opinion if you care. If you don't w/e....

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
AcCiDeNT said:
It's stupid to turn off rep, if people abuse it, who cares? it happens, alot of people aren't happy about this, and I think you guys should reconsider... I don't think it was a smart move on your part to take rep away... I mean, the people that weren't abusing it are getting punished for something that they didn't do, so screw you guys, I'm leaving o.O

By saying that, you're also saying that having rep is completely pointless, there for having little green/red boxes under your name that you've been given for know reason is...completely pointless..so then it doesnt matter if its turned off now does it...

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurosaki

This may be from a bias POV but just my opinion...

I'm sure that if the members had a say in this and not only the mods, there would definately be an opposition to the rep descision.
There were many useless CQ&F thread, but who ever really told them to stop? The no closing in CQ&F (which I read) doesn't help much, it just makes it so people cant tell what they posted wasn't wrong because it wasn't locked.

Just my opinion if you care. If you don't w/e....
The rule in CQ&F rule doesn't apply to EVERY thread in there. We're just trying to keep closings to a minimal.

Guest123_x1

AcCiDeNT said:
Who cares? that's not our fault... if someone abuses it, who really cares? No one, but it's not right just to take it away..
Ever heard of "the people's best interest"? The admins did it because they felt it was in the user's best interest. I normally wouldn't defend the staff on the restrictive decisions they make, but in this case, it's in my best interest.

ottermi619,
Sometimes people (not me) have a blurred understanding on what's best for the public.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I know it doesnt account to every single one, but there is a trainer card thread in there that has been given links and all...it should be closed and so should some others I think.

Also, I'm just saying why not let the users tell you what they see as thier intrest? Rep isn't a HUGE issue as some other things in PC...why not a small idea poll for the small things PC might do to change? Just a suggestion...admins are admins for a reason. I know that.

AcCiDeNT

Years
Dude, best intrest? No one cares if they get bad rep, people get bad rep for a reason, I think it's because the Mods and staff were getting bad reps and they got pissed... Alot of people worked hard to get reps, now it's just completely gone... the public? it's a forum... there is no public, it's people sitting their asses on computers looking and posting on a forum, I could be doing a whole bunch of other crap... But I don't, O.o; taking away rep just shows how powerless the staff at PC is over all of the members that sit their asses on their chairs and support this community, so I think what the members want, they should give back...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
AcCiDeNT said:
Dude, best intrest? No one cares if they get bad rep, people get bad rep for a reason, I think it's because the Mods and staff were getting bad reps and they got pissed... Alot of people worked hard to get reps, now it's just completely gone... the public? it's a forum... there is no public, it's people sitting their asses on computers looking and posting on a forum, I could be doing a whole bunch of other crap... But I don't, O.o; taking away rep just shows how powerless the staff at PC is over all of the members that sit their asses on their chairs and support this community, so I think what the members want, they should give back...

He cared, he cared, she cared. If we wanted to we could just as easy delete the rep we got, and most people don't earn their rep, most people don't give out rep the way it should be given out. And no, we aren't powerless as you put it, we took the rep away because too many people misused it and thought differently of members with high rep because of it. We are doing what we think is best for the community. Just because you don't care about rep abuse doesn't mean that others don't.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Well, Accident, your opinion is automatically invalidated for playing the "blame teh mods!!1 lolz" card. I might not be 100% on board with the decision, but at least I know that the uppers probably had a long debate about this...I'm sure there are hurt feelings on both sides, but this is just the beginning of the experiment, there are a lot of things to work out. We'll just have to see.

The people who are upset the most are those who weren't here the day Kairi got her shiny, new second rep block and everyone went into panic mode...that's how it all began...

Box

Banned
Years
  • Age 88
  • Seen Oct 30, 2005
Dear lord. This is... wait for it...

AWESOME.

I hereby take back anything negative I've ever said about you guys. This is so respect-worthy.

Also I lol at the people in this thread. You're just making it harder for yourselves, fighting a losing battle. I tried myself to remind everyone, as a mod and a normal member, that rep abuse was wrong, as did others, but who listened? Exactly.

gj higher staff. <3

Edit: Posted on the wrong account, but whatever. You know who this is.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Mihara said:

He cared, he cared, she cared. If we wanted to we could just as easy delete the rep we got, and most people don't earn their rep, most people don't give out rep the way it should be given out. And no, we aren't powerless as you put it, we took the rep away because too many people misused it and thought differently of members with high rep because of it. We are doing what we think is best for the community. Just because you don't care about rep abuse doesn't mean that others don't.
Do those members really equal those who dont care? No one's ever put up a positive rep board. Just negative stuff. 2/3 barely got around PC enough to get better rep and make themselves known as a good person. The last one eventually changed her opinion, but the thread made the repper feel bad about themself. I'm suggesting that you make a poll for members to see if the like the new rep or not. But then again, all we can do is say what we have to oppose it.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
Mihara said:
Rep lost it's true purpose long ago, you say that it helped the n00bs learn when they made mistakes, right? Well two things wrong with that, one, no one ever uses it the way it should be used really...and two, a n00b wouldn't care to look at their CP really. And they wouldn't know what they did wrong no matter how much you explain it to them. If you're a spirter, read the thread then. If people have enough time to reply to a thread with rep, then they have enough to reply to the thread with a post. That way everyone can see, not just you.

And we're not really doing this just because of the reputation abuse. Look how many unneeded threads are made in Q&F over rep, look how many members think that someone with a higher amount of rep has more say in things. Most people with higher rep got it from their friends or at random, don't fool yourselves into thinking that you earned it. In blunt truth very few people still give out rep the way it should be given. The last maybe...ten rep points that I got weren't for posts that really needed it. It was nice and all, but did I earn it? No, not at all, people just give it out at random for their friends most of the time.

If you want to leave over rep, then leave, but it shouldn't be what keeps you coming back to PC. You're here for the fun of it, for posting and making friends, not to watch a little green bar grow each and every day. Rep showed what your friends thought of you most of the time. I can't really remember the last time I got a rep that was really earned, most rep is just given for the Hell of it.

Of course you can just tell someone to disable it, so what? You still get the nasty little comments. It may not show up, but the comments still get through, and if you're ever to turn it back up, that negative rep will show up.

I totally agree. People know that they get good rep for their friends and thats why they want it on so they can show off with who's rep is better. It is the whole point for people to join her then LEAVE! Shut up and stop whining about it....Its done and gone so SHUT UP!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I liked rep.

And really, consider this:

Rep abusers were 80% n00bs. n00bs don't have much rep, therefore it doesn't affect us much. And now we're going bonkers because something doesn't affect us much.

"WhO cArEs AbOuT sTuPiD rEp??!?!?!?!" is very arrogant and childish. Everyone has their own opinions. Respect them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Chibi-chan said:
Do those members really equal those who dont care? No one's ever put up a positive rep board. Just negative stuff. 2/3 barely got around PC enough to get better rep and make themselves known as a good person. The last one eventually changed her opinion, but the thread made the repper feel bad about themself. I'm suggesting that you make a poll for members to see if the like the new rep or not. But then again, all we can do is say what we have to oppose it.
Those 2/3 posted where they wanted to on PC, not to where they could be well known. If you can show a good reason, we'll think about it. Not because you think it's fun, not because you like it, but a good reason, then we might think about it. Really, all you've said is that because it's only a small group of people that it shouldn't they shouldn't be heard, and it isn't a small group of people. It's a growing problem that took too long to deal with, but it finally got dealt with.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Katsuro said:
I liked rep.

And really, consider this:

Rep abusers were 80% n00bs. n00bs don't have much rep, therefore it doesn't affect us much. And now we're going bonkers because something doesn't affect us much.

"WhO cArEs AbOuT sTuPiD rEp??!?!?!?!" is very arrogant and childish. Everyone has their own opinions. Respect them.
Also consider this:

75% of statistics are wrong.

And such is definately the case here. Many "popular", well-respected members of PC abuse rep all the time. And if anything, they take up the 80% of people who abuse rep, maybe even more. Please, if you have no idea what you're discussing, butt out.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
All I'm doing is showing my opinion, you can agree, or you can disagree... no need to flame me for it x.x

BTW: So are you saying that the smaller groups matter more than the big groups? I'll put a good reason when I have time to word it properly...XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back