• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blind as a bat.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • Do you wear glasses or contacts or anything like that?
    If so, do you plan on getting laser eye surgery?

I wear contacts and am stuck wearing glasses right now due to Pink eye. I also plan on getting laser eye surgery when I'm around 25, cause it takes away all that hassle of taking contacts out and putting them in and stuff.

Years
  • I wear glasses. I have incredibly bad, near-sighted vision. I am literally so near-sighted that I can't even see things close too me. Contacts aren't even an option to me because they cannot physically make them thick enough for my prescription.

With that said though, I don't intend to have laser eye surgery. I'm not exactly confident that nothing would go wrong when firing a laser into my eye but it also costs a lot of money and right now it is just far easier this way. Also I look better with glasses on for some reason haha

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Leave it to me to include a picture of my face :3
    Spoiler:

I do! Until I got the pair I currently have, I hated glasses, a lot. But then I bought that beautiful thing <3

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I have 20/20, or maybe the visions of a baseball player. I tried wearing my parents & sister's glasses once. All I saw was a blur that almost gave me a headache. I don't know how your eyes handle it people(Simply I don't understand the logic behind the mirrored visions, is all).

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I do wear glasses. I've tried using contact lenses, but they're not for me :/

I am planning on getting laser surgery when I turn 22, though. It will be amazing to see clearly without glasses again and not having to worry about breaking them or loosing them.

Years
  • I basically have to wear glasses if I need to see something far-off. I'll often put them away if it's raining, and for the most part I can see without them, but I usually can't make out what's not right in front of me without them.

Nneuroxin

Shall Mote It Be!
    Years
  • I used to wear glasses but one day I was feeling a little 'lifted' and decided I didn't need my glasses anymore and threw them onto the street
    Now I can't see

Years
  • No glasses or contacts for me. My eyesight is pretty good right now. I will probably need glasses in the future. Everyone in my family eventually gets them. But for now, no need for them n_n

Sirfetch’d

Thankfully my eyesight is really good! My family has a history of vision problems and it seems not to have affected me and I am so happy about it. I hate the feeling of glasses on my face and I don't like the thought of putting something into my eyes at all haha. So yeah everything is good in the eye department here :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • This is me with glasses. I was in high school then.

At 18 years old, I decided to get LASIK eye surgery so I could live life without glasses. Today, I still have crystal clear vision, and it was a benefit for me. If anyone's interested in learning about LASIK surgery from personal experience, give me a holla. :)

Also to this day, I miss wearing glasses tbh ;;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm nearsighted and own glasses, though I usually don't wear them. I can still read without glasses, for the most part. It's irritating when something is written really small and I can't tell what it says, no matter how much I squint and move closer to / away from it. Not irritating enough for me to wear glasses, though.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Leave it to me to include a picture of my face :3
    Spoiler:

I do! Until I got the pair I currently have, I hated glasses, a lot. But then I bought that beautiful thing <3

Fantasy glasses or are you really sick in the eyes?

As for me, I wear glasses a lot cause I can't see from long and my near-sighting isn't really good. I'd say I'm 30% good.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, no, my vision sucks, I needed them. Truth be told, though, even if I fixed my vision, I's still wear glasses.

Years
  • I've been wearing glasses since I was in elementary school - I'm definitely nearsighted, no getting around that. I've never really considered using contacts, just because I don't fancy the thought of putting them in every day.

Would I get corrective eye surgery...I don't know. It might be nice not having to rely on glasses to see, but it would also feel so weird not having them on, since I'm so used to wearing them.

Years
  • I'm nearsighted with astigmatism, so yes I wear glasses. I've been wearing glasses since I was 12 years old, so it's been nearly seven years now since I've first had a pair of glasses.

Back