• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blind as a bat.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I have to wear glasses. I can do fine without them but I won't be able to make out people. They just look like blurry blobs to me. xD I'm near sighted with a stigmatism. Ain't that fun. But I don't ever want to use contacts. I have bad allergies so my eyes are always watering and itchy when I'm near cats. I also refuse to get eye "surgery". I don't trust someone pointing a laser into my eye. Why? Because something could go wrong.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    My vision's always been fine...enough. My relatives have kinda been astonished that I don't need anything despite spending most of my free time in front of a computer...

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I cant see the distant objects clearly without my glasses. I forgot my glasses at home once...had a huge headache that day >.<

and about the surgery i will not get one.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Wait corrective eye surgery exists? O_O

Yes, it's called LASIIK. They remove certain parts of your eye with a laser to make you see perfectly. However, it leaves you blind for like 2 days or something. My dad got it and apparently someone on this thread got it really early.

They advice you not to get it until mid 20s because that's when your eye officially stops growing, however, certain people 's vision stabilizes early. Like I haven't needed to get a new prescription in like 3 years.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    They advice you not to get it until mid 20s because that's when your eye officially stops growing, however, certain people 's vision stabilizes early. Like I haven't needed to get a new prescription in like 3 years.

Forgive me for butting in and all, but I got mine at 18 as mentioned, so did my mom and my ex-boyfriend. xD *Some* doctors do recommend you to get the surgery at that range of age, but the ideal age is 18-19+. It depends, really.

From personal experience, it didn't leave me blind for 2 days, I was able to see but I can't watch TV, use the comp, go outside, take a shower, etc. Side effects include watery eyes and burning which I had for four days straight, because I didn't allow my eyes to rest thoroughly as my doctor wanted me to.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    I wear glasses but to the astonishment of my family my power has been going lower since the time I started wearing them............. I don't think I'll need surgery due to this :)

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    I have a lazy eye, so I only focus out of one eye at a time (otherwise I'll have double vision). I'm also... near sighted, I think. Some days I seem near sighted, others I seem far sighted, so I don't know. Whatever I am, I need glasses.

I considered surgery a few years back to fix my lazy eye, but decided against it. I didn't want to go through with it, because pretty much the surgery option that was given me included months of uncomfortableness and itchiness for my eye, and then it mightn't even work.

Nowadays, I don't think I'm confident enough to have people operating on my eye. I'm happy with my glasses. People have asked me why I don't wear contacts, and I have a couple of reasons.. 1) The thought of putting them on freaks me out, to be honest, and 2) One of my eyes is considerably weaker than the other, so my contacts would be different strengths, and I'd have to make sure the right one went into the right eye each day, and I really couldn't be bothered putting in that effort.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I do wear glasses. They're these nice squareish ones. I've been wearing glasses since I was in first grade and I'm near-sighted. When I was younger, I wasn't careful with my glasses and would always break them every several months so my dad had to constant replace them which he hated. Now I try taking care of them more and had the same pair for 2 or 3 years now. I really wish I didn't need glasses though. While I don't look ugly with them, I honestly think I'm better looking without glasses. I'd probably get contact if I could cause eye-surgery is much too expensive. I'm not sure about contacts either cause I lose things easily and I'm thinking I'd lose my contacts a few times and not have a spare pair of glasses. So I'm pretty much sticking with glasses. *sigh*

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Not sure what 20/20 vision really is, or if I have that, but I don't need glasses nor contacts yay

Though the way I'm going I probably will need a pair in the future.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Woah woah woah, I don't want to be "that" ******* but seriously using that term is crazy offensive to blind people. I was actually talking to one of my blind friends about this very phrase yesterday and how much and similar phrases piss them off. Try to avoid using blind analogies since it's pretty damn offensive.

Please be awesome and don't contribute to the problem~

Anyways, I have poor eyesight but I also know 20 people who range from legally blind to not seeing jack **** so I don't really consider myself to have poor eyesight. I am photosensitive though which causes my eyesight to worsen drastically under certain conditions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'll probably never get lasik eye surgery. I can barely see out of one eye so I only wear glasses. I like wearing them, but sometimes they can be a pain. I wear them mainly if I'm about to read a lot or need to think really quickly while analyzing a situation on paper.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wear glasses at home, and contacts when I go outside. Would I ever get an eye surgery? Probably not. I'm just too afraid of surgeries, to be honest. xD"

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm actually pretty blind. My prescription is around -8 for my contacts, and I can only see things clearly if they are immediately in front of my face. For this reason I hate wearing glasses - when I try to wear them I lose all peripheral vision and I can't even walk up or down a staircase.
    Regarding the surgery, I really don't think I would. Besides money being an issue (I don't think my parent's insurance would cover it) I would be pretty scared to have any type of work done on my eyes.

Years
    I wear glasses regularly, and used to wear contacts only when I played badminton. My numbers are somewhere around -400, -250, don't think they're too bad...May have gotten worse since the last time I went to see an eye doctor XD

Years
    I'm pretty near-sighted. My vision started to get noticeably bad when I was in middle school, but I was never forced to have anything done until I got to high school when the nurses said I needed to see an optometrist. Since I was 14, I only had my glasses for a week before I got my contacts. I hardly ever wear my glasses anymore, although it's in part because I'm really in need of a new pair. I've apparently developed a slight astigmatism in my one eye, although apparently it's not that big of a deal. :P

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My vision is excellent, but I'm light blind, you see (photophobia). Can't remember how it happened, but I was only 16 at the time. So, as a result, I have to wear sunglasses.

Years
    I wear glasses! But only when I need to see the blackboard at school, driving, or when ordering from a ceiling menu. Doubt I'll ever get surgery to fix my vision (it's not too bad) and I'm fond of how I look with glasses so no problems there! :)

Back