• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wouldn't be caught dead riding that!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    So, what are some amusement park/fair rides you can handle? What about the ones you can't handle? Why or why not? What are your favorites or least favorites?

I can handle most rides, but I will never do a majority of the rides at fairs. I do like the Flying bobs ride though. *_* At Disney World (I went in first and second grade before my special needs got worse), I loved riding Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and It's a Small World as well. I think by far, my most favorite is the last one. It has this place in my hear for some reason. I loved that ride so much. My mom used to have a huge thing for Roller Coasters. We must have ridden Space Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad over a dozen times. \o/

If there is one ride you wouldn't catch me dead on... it's Hollywood Tower of Terror. Yeeeeeah, not a big fan of huge stomach/heart drops. :[ My parents and I often joked about the ride a lot.

Also, the Flying Bobs ride goes by many different names, so I'm just going to post a picture of it under spoilers. That way, you guys get a general idea of what it looks like:

Spoiler:

I think I remember posting this one before, but I don't remember.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    any roller coaster, really. it just seems scary to me, ehe. oh, and i remember riding a drop tower as a child and it made me cry because i didn't like the feeling of my heart dropping! i avoid those at all costs now. ;(

my favorite rides are the merry-go-rounds, ferris wheels and train rides. i remember liking the swing rides too as long as they weren't too high up...aw man, i haven't gone to an amusement park in so long but i love them. i'd love to try more rides!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I can handle most rollercoasters, but after awhile I get pretty nauseous, so they're not the most fun for me. The one I hate the most isn't a coaster, but one of those water rides, where there's like 8 people in a tube that rotates under a bunch of waterfalls and like everyone but one lucky soul will get wet. I've been pretty lucky on those, but they're still pretty stressful haha

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I've always been a thrill ride enthusiast. I absolutely love rollercoasters and huge drops.

Buut, I think I met my match at the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas when I went there for my birthday a few years back.

I did ride every ride there...but I think I'd have to work up a bit of courage to ride them again @_@

Years
    I really can't stand any rides that involve you going very fast or up high. So basically my few options that aren't in that area are stuff like the merry-go-round and the dodgems. But the last time I went to an amusement park, I never went on many rides at all, the only one I recall was a big slide hahahaha.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Okay, so I'll ride just about anything. I used to be terrified of rollercoasters and the like.

Or at least I would, if I didn't get motion sick so easily. :( I actually threw up at Disney World because of the Rock & Roll rollercoaster. Bleh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ^ I swear that is literally the only kind of ride that I will ever refuse to go on. I don't think it would be good for my soul.

Other than that I love thrill rides! Rollercoasters, drop rides, water rides, you name it. ♥ The more relaxed rides are enjoyable too for their own reasons such as good downtime rides and you don't normally have to press your luck and hope that you don't have to wait an hour to get on them either.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I rode all those^

Rip Ride Rockit was amazing.

Also got my dad to ride Fearfall hahahahahaha

EDIT: Btw Hulk is scarier than both Rockit and Kraken imo

Absolutely will not ride a rollercoaster. You can't convince me with anything unless you're willing to pay me $500 but even then I'd be 50/50. As someone who is naturally easily scared and startled this would make me have a heart attack mid-ride. Noope. :'(

also ferris wheels during windy days omg

edit: also slingshot ride because derk reminded me..
    over my dead body, aka never

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Absolutely will not ride a rollercoaster. You can't convince me with anything unless you're willing to pay me $500 but even then I'd be 50/50. As someone who is naturally easily scared and startled this would make me have a heart attack mid-ride. Noope. :'(

also ferris wheels during windy days omg
    Would it be a 100% chance if we paid you $1000 tho?

I've never actually ridden a rollercoaster or a ferris wheel before. Would kinda like to just to see what it's like. I think I have ridden one of those dropping things before though

Would it be a 100% chance if we paid you $1000 tho?

I've never actually ridden a rollercoaster or a ferris wheel before. Would kinda like to just to see what it's like. I think I have ridden one of those dropping things before though

1k?? Most likely a yes. :D That's a lot of money... so it just comes down to me hanging on long enough. lol

Spoiler:

Oh my god though, this looks sickening. Don't even want to look at it, eugh.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The easiest way to get over your rollercoaster fear is to ride one.

Seriously, I used to be scared shitless of them, but I realized I'll be missing half the fun in our Orlando trip if I kept avoiding them, so had to muster the courage to ride my first one and damn near rode all the rest shortly afterwards. Woooorth it.

took a while to get the courage to raise my arms in them

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Harry Potter is amazing.

For me this is the first one I rode

It was in Animal Kingdom when we first went to Orlando in 2012. I remember me and my sister got the fast pass for it. Waiting was totrtue, we legit thought we were gonna die haha. Remember even going to the Nemo theater but we couldn't enjoy the show cuz all we thought about was the ride we set ourselves into.

We were suuuuper anxious when we went to ride it. Supposedly my dad was supposed to ride it with us but he backed out at the last minute (forgot why), so it was just me and her. We were so hesitant and kept asking each other "wanna go back?" but we were already waiting in line anyway. Then we rode it.

Needless to say we waited in line again immediately afterwards. We saved the Hulk for last...which was last year actually haha.

EDIT: FORGOT TO MENTION, THE SECOND TIME WE WENT TO RIDE IT THE COASTER WAS OUT OF POWER RIGHT BEFORE THE DROP. I WAS LAUGHING MY ASS OFF.

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I once cried when I was riding a circus ferris wheel and reached the top, so it's fair to say rollercoasters are not meant for me.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Mount Everest is the best ride ever. I've been on it both times i went to disney world. The one rides I will not go on is anything that goes upside down or scares me such as the Tower of Terror.
    I did go on the Harry Potter World Ride at Universal Studios where it takes you through Harry's journey. I screamed and kept closing my eyes. It was so much fun, but never again ever.

Back